Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Has anyone installed any additional heat shielding in the driver/ passenger footwells? If so, what did you use? I've read up on this and it seems this is due to the exhaust being right under the driver/ passenger footwells, and there is minimal heat shielding. this isn't the "heat blows for 30 seconds when the AC is on" thing either, as it's constant.

I noticed when driving the heat radiates up from the floor and it gets so warm it feels like the heater is on when it is not. My AC can barely keep up, and that's a problem because I'm usually running the AC when it's raelly hot/humid and my kids are with me.

As always, if I've missed a thread- link me. Thanks!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Something like dynamat may help, and have the added benefit of reducing road noise.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I noticed when driving the heat radiates up from the floor and it gets so warm it feels like the heater is on when it is not. My AC can barely keep up, and that's a problem because I'm usually running the AC when it's raelly hot/humid and my kids are with me.
I find it interesting that some people have this issue with radiating heat from the floorboards. Perhaps something changed as the model years progressed, as I don't have this issue and my AC is always cold and more than keeps up.

That being said I agree with the above poster about trying Dynamat.

ahidro1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Has anyone installed any additional heat shielding in the driver/ passenger footwells? If so, what did you use? I've read up on this and it seems this is due to the exhaust being right under the driver/ passenger footwells, and there is minimal heat shielding. this isn't the "heat blows for 30 seconds when the AC is on" thing either, as it's constant.

Maybe it could be your AC? Here in Austin, Texas it stays hot almost year round and I have never had an issue with the inside of my jeep getting too hot. My AC is actually better than my wife's 2021 Acura RDX. I keep the temp setting at 70 degrees.

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I find it interesting that some people have this issue with radiating heat from the floorboards. Perhaps something changed as the model years progressed, as I don't have this issue and my AC is always cold and more than keeps up.

That being said I agree with the above poster about trying Dynamat.
Maybe it could be your AC? Here in Austin, Texas it stays hot almost year round and I have never had an issue with the inside of my jeep getting too hot. My AC is actually better than my wife's 2021 Acura RDX. I keep the temp setting at 70 degrees.
Are you guys Manual or Auto trans? Curious. I'm V6 Manual Transmission. Aluminum skid plates.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Are you guys Manual or Auto trans? Curious. I'm V6 Manual Transmission. Aluminum skid plates.
2020 auto with 3.6 non e-torque.

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
I remember my grandpa’s CJ7…if you were wearing flip flops in the back seat they would melt to the floor. Times have changed lol

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Armorlite floors are a little expensive but keep the floor cool and quiet the cabin down a bit, added bonus: no more carpet.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ

We have Sound Assassin Floor Kits specifically for the JL that help out with your problem. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Sponsored