Adding Winch

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I am going to be adding a winch to my stock Rubicon steel bumper. I am also adding the Mopar Brush Guard and some lights. I really don't want there to be anymore of a slope than there is now from front to back. I am thinking about doing a leveling kit. Will that compensate for the added weight of the winch? I am not planning on lifting anytime in the near future, I still like being able to pull the Jeep into the garage.
Sponsored

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
I am going to be adding a winch to my stock Rubicon steel bumper. I am also adding the Mopar Brush Guard and some lights. I really don't want there to be anymore of a slope than there is now from front to back. I am thinking about doing a leveling kit. Will that compensate for the added weight of the winch? I am not planning on lifting anytime in the near future, I still like being able to pull the Jeep into the garage.
I have heard that the Rubicon ordered with the steel bumper will have little sag when adding a winch and toys (about 1/2"). A 3/4" leveling kit would work just fine to get it back up if you wanted, but you could also measure and install it and see if you want to do it. Most lift kits (If you want to lift in the future) have more lift in the front knowing that most people have front accessories.

OP
OP

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I have heard that the Rubicon ordered with the steel bumper will have little sag when adding a winch and toys (about 1/2"). A 3/4" leveling kit would work just fine to get it back up if you wanted, but you could also measure and install it and see if you want to do it. Most lift kits (If you want to lift in the future) have more lift in the front knowing that most people have front accessories.
Thanks. I am going to pull the trigger on the winch and see what it looks like from there.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks. I am going to pull the trigger on the winch and see what it looks like from there.
Since all you're adding is the winch it shouldn't drop much. If you were going from a plastic bumper to a steel, and adding a winch, 3/4" would sound about right. 1/2" or less I'm guessing w/ just a winch added.
Sponsored