Sponsored

Adding rear extended rear LCA and trackbar bracket change handling?

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
This is a pretty good option for the axel side, it’s the exact same thing as the teraflex bracket but costs less. I am running it on mine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HVYL1JP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also found this one. Would it be a better choice? Since it’s Evo? It does appear to require drilling.

C1767893-15E5-468E-8FFE-3CE03506A5DE.png

Also wondering if having the two brackets will actually illuminate the need for an adjustable track bar back there.
Sponsored

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
I also found this one. Would it be a better choice? Since it’s Evo? It does appear to require drilling.

Jeep Wrangler JL Adding rear extended rear LCA and trackbar bracket change handling? C1767893-15E5-468E-8FFE-3CE03506A5DE

Also wondering if having the two brackets will actually illuminate the need for an adjustable track bar back there.
Brands don’t really matter to me, if it’s built solid I don’t care who made it. The factory bar really isn’t great, there is quite a bit of flex in it. I had the adjustable bar on first and then added the bracket, I had to shorten the bar almost all the way to center the axle. With the stock bar you would probably get it close but if you want it perfectly center the adjustable bar is best. I’m a little OCD when it comes to things being centered and square. I guess growing up with a German carpenter as a father and myself doing high end collision structural work for 30+ years does that! But I can also say the axle in my jeep is 100% centered and square! Lol!

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Brands don’t really matter to me, if it’s built solid I don’t care who made it. The factory bar really isn’t great, there is quite a bit of flex in it. I had the adjustable bar on first and then added the bracket, I had to shorten the bar almost all the way to center the axle. With the stock bar you would probably get it close but if you want it perfectly center the adjustable bar is best. I’m a little OCD when it comes to things being centered and square. I guess growing up with a German carpenter as a father and myself doing high end collision structural work for 30+ years does that! But I can also say the axle in my jeep is 100% centered and square! Lol!
Ok. I just ordered the evo for five bucks more and dropped the pressure to 30. Rides a bit nicer. Hopefully the brackets will make a noticeable difference like you guys are feeling. Thank You for the help
Sponsored