Sponsored

Adding powered subwoofer and small amp with the stock speakers?

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Sarge 6sp
I have the 7" stock stereo, looking to add an RF 10" powered sub and possibly a small 45x4 amp to the stock speakers, to give them more clean power and cross them above the low frequencies, anyone do something similar? Happy with results? I may add new speakers as more optioins
Sponsored

Chicabum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I have the 7" stock stereo, looking to add an RF 10" powered sub and possibly a small 45x4 amp to the stock speakers, to give them more clean power and cross them above the low frequencies, anyone do something similar? Happy with results? I may add new speakers as more optioins
in the middle of my install I had changed the sound bar speakers already, but decided to power the stock fronts while waiting for the new ones. the fronts sounded so good that I wished I had tried the stocks in the sound bar amplified. I used a 75x4 amp; later installed a 10 sub (Not self powered); I am still waiting for the new front speakers... so except for the sound bar speakers, everything else is similar to what you are looking;
I am very happy with the result and think that a sub plus amped stock speakers is a viable setup.

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any luck with this? I’m looking into doing something similar?
Check out the Alpine PWD-X5, I have it just havent installed yet. Its an 8" sub with a 165W, a 4ch amp for the main speakers at 25W/ch, and a built in DSP with full eq and time correction, slick kit. Hoping it sounds great when I get to installing it

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright peoples, I finally got my Alpine PWD-x5 installed, and I gotta say it is really impressive. If you want an all-in-one easy clean solution, look this unit up. It definitely exceeded my expectations, though of course opinions vary, but I highly recommend checking it out...sorry having problems uploading image, I had it installed where Alpine sub usually is behind right passenger seat, fits perfect...
Jeep Wrangler JL Adding powered subwoofer and small amp with the stock speakers? IMG_8228

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
FWIW, I recently installed the Alpine KTP-445u, using the Alpine T-harness and main harness from the PSS-WRA23 kit. You can order those harnesses via pacparts.com. I started with a basic 7” screen in a JLUSS.... amp hitch originally came with the 5” screen.

Additionally, I replaced the dash and knee speakers (see my previous post history). I wouldn’t recommend the knee speakers replacement in retrospect....maybe upgrade the sound bar first.

Lastly, I added a Rockford P300-8 which is perfect IMO. The addition of the Alpine harnesses made the powered sub install MUCH easier!

Pm me if you have any questions. All together (depending if you do kneespeakers), you’re looking at around 3-6hrs of work.

All in all, I’m very happy with my system now.

nesman7

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Alright peoples, I finally got my Alpine PWD-x5 installed, and I gotta say it is really impressive. If you want an all-in-one easy clean solution, look this unit up. It definitely exceeded my expectations, though of course opinions vary, but I highly recommend checking it out...sorry having problems uploading image, I had it installed where Alpine sub usually is behind right passenger seat, fits perfect...
Jeep Wrangler JL Adding powered subwoofer and small amp with the stock speakers? IMG_8228
Did you need to buy any extra wire harnesses or connectors to get this installed? I also have the 7 inch screen with the base audio and was considering adding this before I start swapping out some of the speakers. Just want to get it louder when the doors are off as you can barely hear the sound on the highway. Thanks for the tips!

OP
OP

Cutterone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It comes with I think a 16' braided cable, all you need is a harness at the stock radio, although not sure if the shop used one or spliced it in.

Allen0jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06LJ,
Clubs

FWIW, I recently installed the Alpine KTP-445u, using the Alpine T-harness and main harness from the PSS-WRA23 kit. You can order those harnesses via pacparts.com. I started with a basic 7” screen in a JLUSS.... amp hitch originally came with the 5” screen.

Additionally, I replaced the dash and knee speakers (see my previous post history). I wouldn’t recommend the knee speakers replacement in retrospect....maybe upgrade the sound bar first.

Lastly, I added a Rockford P300-8 which is perfect IMO. The addition of the Alpine harnesses made the powered sub install MUCH easier!

Pm me if you have any questions. All together (depending if you do kneespeakers), you’re looking at around 3-6hrs of work.

All in all, I’m very happy with my system now.
Looking to do something similar. About to pull the trigger on a two-door Rubicon without the Alpine upgrade. I found a powered subwoofer that I want to use that will fit in the rear storage area, and I'm debating on the Alpine 445u or 450 to power the regular speakers. Can you provide either links or exact part numbers or however for the tea harness and all the other connectors that you use from the PSW 23 kit, as I know they can be bought separate.
Sponsored