Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
@Mrmojo78

I do like the look of the all-digital gauge cluster though...someday when I'm bored and my wife doesn't need to use her Sport S, I'm going to pull the cluster out of hers and see if it'll work in my base Sport. I believe it will, but haven't tried to confirm.

t.
The Instrument Cluster is plug and play. There are at least a couple of us who have done it. Finding one for a reasonable price is something else. Then getting the mileage corrected is pretty simple.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/instrument-cluster-swap.35940/

Gregj
Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Good morning guys and gals... question about adding oem options to a 18 sport JL. I was kinda regretting not shelling out the money for a rubicon, but that quickly went away with all the aftermarket addons. I was wondering if I can add or diy OEM options like heated mirrors, dual climate control, the upgraded digital cluster, heated seats, power mirror...? Would these parts work right out the box if I purchased used or from mopar? Has anyone heard of anyone doing this? BTW.. i'm very handy with a wrench so I think I can save money on labor. Plus I already installed remote power door locks and power windows. Thanks in advance...
I have the ‘18 Sahara, I added the aux switches, trailer tow package, high top fender flares with LEDs. My next step is LED headlamps, LED tail lamps, and LED fog lamps. The LED fog lamps are $259, the steel front bumper comes with LED fog lamps for $859. So that bring the price of the steel front bumper down to about $600 bucks. That a good price for my bumper upgrade.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Good morning guys and gals... question about adding oem options to a 18 sport JL. I was kinda regretting not shelling out the money for a rubicon, but that quickly went away with all the aftermarket addons. I was wondering if I can add or diy OEM options like heated mirrors, dual climate control, the upgraded digital cluster, heated seats, power mirror...? Would these parts work right out the box if I purchased used or from mopar? Has anyone heard of anyone doing this? BTW.. i'm very handy with a wrench so I think I can save money on labor. Plus I already installed remote power door locks and power windows. Thanks in advance...
I have my factory 7” infotainment for sale. Pulled in out of my ‘18 JLU Sahara. Comes with the code and bezel.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Cluster is plug and play so is the radio. mirrors and doors are a lot more involved. when I bought my sport the difference from sport S was about 6k. I spend 750 for 8.4 radio (carplay Gaia GPG) and will buy rubicon axles for 3,5k. I really dont care about anything else. If I add instrument cluster and rubicon transfer case, thats another 2-3k. So for couple more grand than sport S I will have a rig with Rubicon capability and way less $ than Rubicon.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
These vehicle forums are full of posts where factory option parts are added. In general, adding a lot of these is a poor economic path, like most mods. But adding a few options can be rewarding and makes you feel like you're vehicle is modified to your desire.

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
Reserecting this thread; so far here is all what I've been able to add to my 18 Sport S

Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror
Passive entry (Touch handles to unlock doors)
8.4" Radio
Auto HVAC Controls (Still operates as Single zone)
Digital Cluster
Home-link Sun Visor
AUX Switches
Rubicon Hood (No decals just wanted the raised center with vents)

While trading in for a higher trim was an option, I prefer to have a project to work on and enjoy figuring out how to add features into the preexisting architecture of the systems. My build plan will be going with one tons and a aftermarket T-Case so for me the extra $$ on a rubicon was not with the investment only to end up replacing all the key components that make it a Rubicon.

I did keep a listing off all the pars and part numbers required for each of these upgrades if any one is looking into any of them.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Just enjoy what you have. What you are wanting isnt really high on necessity. Throw some big tires on it, go off-road, and enjoy.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Reserecting this thread; so far here is all what I've been able to add to my 18 Sport S

8.4" Radio
Digital Cluster
Home-link Sun Visor
AUX Switches

While trading in for a higher trim was an option, I prefer to have a project to work on and enjoy figuring out how to add features into the preexisting architecture of the systems. My build plan will be going with one tons and a aftermarket T-Case so for me the extra $$ on a rubicon was not with the investment only to end up replacing all the key components that make it a Rubicon.

I did keep a listing off all the pars and part numbers required for each of these upgrades if any one is looking into any of them.
I’ve done most of the same with the exception of home link, Rubicon hood and auto dimming mirror. To add to the list I have added a Sky One Touch and went with Rubicon axles.
Gregj

Sponsored

efreyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

8.4" Radio
Digital Cluster
Home-link Sun Visor
AUX Switches

efreyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
What were the part numbers for the auto dimming mirror and how difficult was it?
Sponsored