Adding Homelink to JL Sport

Furby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4dr Sport S
Is it possible to add the homelink to my JL Sport?
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I’d verify the wiring is there and then buy a visor with the homelink. Doesn’t seem the wrangler runs wiring when the option isn’t there tho.

OP
OP

Furby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 4dr Sport S
Can I not just run the wires myself?

blfinche

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Have you made any progress with the HomeLink install? I tried to find a part number for the visor or the homelink, but I haven't had any luck.

Bobby

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Following this!

My husband found the visor with Homelink on Ebay and installed them ... but they do not work. I'm assuming there is a special wire to power Homelink. I did find a forum that had a few fixes and I want to try.

Sponsored

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
Dragging up an old thread. Just wondering if anyone’s successfully added this? I’ve been looking at used homelink devices on eBay for about $25~$30. Just wondering if I’m going to be throwing money away. Looks like they have just two wires. I’d rather find something that’s OE, but if I have to modify something I’m fine with that. If anyone’s got the Mopar part number for the OE visor that would be awesome.

Thanks.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Dragging up an old thread. Just wondering if anyone’s successfully added this? I’ve been looking at used homelink devices on eBay for about $25~$30. Just wondering if I’m going to be throwing money away. Looks like they have just two wires. I’d rather find something that’s OE, but if I have to modify something I’m fine with that. If anyone’s got the Mopar part number for the OE visor that would be awesome.

Thanks.
Were you able to find the part number for the homelink visor?

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
Short Answer: No.

I did buy a cheap homelink unit off eBay in hopes to find somewhere to install it. I’ve ripped into the Jeep a few times with no luck. I ripped apart the drivers side visor and I’ll tell you that without completely breaking it apart (which requires removing the “skin” around the visor) there is no where to install this. I’ve been looking to see how I could install it in the area by the rear view mirror but I haven’t cut into anything yet. At this point I’d rather just buy a visor with it already installed if I can find that for a decent price. I’ve also thought about getting a replacement rear view mirror with one already installed, but I don’t think that would fit or work. My wife’s Subaru Impreza has it but from looking at her setup there’s no way it would work on the Jeep.

I’m open to any suggestions and I’ll keep this up to date if I figure anything out.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. A new thread just started today and was mentioned on there 6BR80TX7AL

Sponsored

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
I ordered a visor with HomeLink. Got it, made the wiring mod and voila, works like a charm!

4doorturbo

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport S
Can you describe your wiring mod?
Super easy. On the new visor, the harness has a yellow, red and black wire (black is ground wire). Cut the yellow wire and cap off the end leading back to the plug. Splice the other end with the red wire (I used a butt connector, but you can also use a a tap). Electrical tape over all the connections, and that's it.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Super easy. On the new visor, the harness has a yellow, red and black wire (black is ground wire). Cut the yellow wire and cap off the end leading back to the plug. Splice the other end with the red wire (I used a butt connector, but you can also use a a tap). Electrical tape over all the connections, and that's it.
Pic for reference
Jeep Wrangler JL Adding Homelink to JL Sport 4EB6733A-3E27-48A3-8BD1-F15CD66EC614

hiilong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Pic for reference
Jeep Wrangler JL Adding Homelink to JL Sport 4EB6733A-3E27-48A3-8BD1-F15CD66EC614
sweet! To be clear and make sure I understand correctly. all the splicing is done on the new visor itself that was purchased. Nothing was done to the cabling attached directly to the vehicle on the driver side of roll cage?
Sponsored