Sponsored

Adding a Hardtop to my Saraha... What do I do for the Rear Wiper???

DKAudioPRO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL SAHARA
With the hard top wiring, by the looks of that manual that’s posted (thanks for that!) nothing goes down the passenger side? I’ll be putting a trailer hitch on soon and need to run those wires down the passenger, so may as well preemptively pick up the hard top wiring harness and run them at the same time if that’s the case...

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

the_weekender

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
Hey Guys
Are you finding that this is a sales dept question for the local dealership? Or are you talking to the Parts dept?

Thanks!
I would sale Sales. Then if they order the wrong parts it will be on them. Also you might be able to get it cheaper through them. The Parts Dept will sell you at MSRP most of the time. So try Sales.
-Dan

the_weekender

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
With the hard top wiring, by the looks of that manual that’s posted (thanks for that!) nothing goes down the passenger side? I’ll be putting a trailer hitch on soon and need to run those wires down the passenger, so may as well preemptively pick up the hard top wiring harness and run them at the same time if that’s the case...

Thanks in advance!
Yes you are correct nothing that I know of goes down the passenger side of the car.

-Dan

DKAudioPRO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL SAHARA
I would sale Sales. Then if they order the wrong parts it will be on them. Also you might be able to get it cheaper through them. The Parts Dept will sell you at MSRP most of the time. So try Sales.
-Dan
Thanks! Much appreciated. I’ll start there.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Wow am I in the minority? 2 1/2 year Jeep owner and I’ve still never used that rear wiper.

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Update for everyone:
I didn't have the dealer install anything. Ended up picking up the brackets and installing them myself. Took about 30-40 min just needed a T-20 T-25 and the T-40 torx bits. Also got the rear window wiring kit. Here are some part numbers for you. I Also took photos of everything. Will upload in a few days and the Rear Wiper kit comes with a installation guide (IKEA Instructions) It involves removing the Steering wheel, Dash board, Panels all the way back , Drilling and Cutting. I feel it will take me 5+ hours. I would let the dealer do it but since the car is the new model I definitely do not want to be the test subject for it.

Brackets and Bolts for hard top:

Above Mirror
Front Left: 6830 5371 AB
Front Right: 6829 3600 AB

Above sound bar:
Left: 6829 0527 AA
Right: 6829 0524 AA

Bolt Kit:
0651 2230 AA

Rear Wiper Wiring kit:
8221 5312 AB

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Just fyi

have new updated part numbers:

68421918AA
68421919AA

And the bolt kit includes one bolt

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
Just fyi

have new updated part numbers:

68421918AA
68421919AA

And the bolt kit includes one bolt
Where are you ordering the kit from? Online or a local dealer?

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Where are you ordering the kit from? Online or a local dealer?
Which kit? The bolt kit? I shopped around and AllMoparParts.com through this forum had the best price due to their free shipping. And their prices were the lowest compared to other online parts.

Sucks because the new part number sound brackets are double the cost of the original :(

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
Which kit? The bolt kit? I shopped around and AllMoparParts.com through this forum had the best price due to their free shipping. And their prices were the lowest compared to other online parts.

Sucks because the new part number sound brackets are double the cost of the original :(
Actually I was referring to the wiper switch harness kit.

Sponsored

Kiren M

First Name
Nakiren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Update for everyone:
I didn't have the dealer install anything. Ended up picking up the brackets and installing them myself. Took about 30-40 min just needed a T-20 T-25 and the T-40 torx bits. Also got the rear window wiring kit. Here are some part numbers for you. I Also took photos of everything. Will upload in a few days and the Rear Wiper kit comes with a installation guide (IKEA Instructions) It involves removing the Steering wheel, Dash board, Panels all the way back , Drilling and Cutting. I feel it will take me 5+ hours. I would let the dealer do it but since the car is the new model I definitely do not want to be the test subject for it.

Brackets and Bolts for hard top:

Above Mirror
Front Left: 6830 5371 AB
Front Right: 6829 3600 AB

Above sound bar:

Bolt Kit:
0651 2230 AA

Rear Wiper Wiring kit:
8221 5312 AB

Happy Holidays Everyone!
Heyy so i have the soft top on my JLUR and looking to get a hard top this year but i dont really care for the rear defrost,wiper,washer .. can i just get these brackets for the hardtop and be on my way?

Hartdt

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
Heyy so i have the soft top on my JLUR and looking to get a hard top this year but i dont really care for the rear defrost,wiper,washer .. can i just get these brackets for the hardtop and be on my way?
Yes...you will only need the brackets and associated bolts to install the hardtop and freedom panels. The wiring harness is only needed if you want to hook up the rear defroster and wiper with fluid. I ran this way for about a year. Ended up having my local jeep dealer install the hardtop wiring kit a couple of months back. They estimated 4 hours labor for the install. I used online mopar coupons for 10% off service and 15% off the purchase off the wiring kit. Besides the installation of the wiring kit they also had to reflash the computer. I considered doing this myself but am now glad I did not as it was very difficult to get the wires and tubing through the firewall per the maint techs. The guys at my local dealer (Linwood Jeep - Paducah, KY) are very good. You could not even tell the jeep had been touched after they completed the job. Very pleased that I had this done. I find that I use the rear wiper often and but defrost on only a couple of occasions as I park the jeep in our garage.

Certainly would recommend to most folks to purchase the dual top option when new but I bought my jeep used and for the price I paid I felt I could add the hard top later on if I decided I wanted it.

datboiaustin

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Hello All,

For wiring in the rear wiper took me around 9 Hours it looks easy enough in the booklet. But, it looks like an Engineer wrote it and didn't actually have to do it. Best advice take it slow.

Here is the Instruction booklet form jeep:

Notes from doing it:
- Have someone else help you to check your work and in transcribing the instruction manual (Especially the wiring)
- Remove Driver, Passenger, Door Behind Driver (This will make it so you wont have to walk around them)
- Passing through the firewall on the driver side us a coat hanger to find where to cut.
- Passing through the firewall on the passenger side coat hanger thought the wheel well.

Whats involved:
- Removing all the paneling from the drivers side from from the front to the truck
- Removing passenger side paneling.
- Removing the window washer reservoir
- Plugging and re-pinning wires in the fuse box
- Removing the Steering wheel & Air Bag

Videos I used to help:

Photos of the box:

115414-44f24243e89e510e019d99149d2a3815.jpg

115415-3423a9e590b84e6efe545413ddd143f2.jpg

Enjoy!
Do you have any better Diagrams for wiring into the connectors in both the Passenger footwell and under the fuse box?

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Hey gut
Thank you @the_weekender . I'm not sure how you were able to install the wiring harness and steering column stalk with those instructions. Question: was your part number for the bolts a single bolt or a set? Looks like it was a single bolt and washer to me based on the $0.88 price I was quoted, so I ordered 12.

Thank you! Great info.

Hey guys I hope you can help. I just got the kit and have half of it installed. The Directions were horrible. So far I am at the point where you have to add the 2 wires on the port on the floor and I am so lost so where the pins go. It says CAV 14, 29, and 48. Please help I am not sure if I have the right connector and I am also not sure white pin goes where. I thought that would be easy but when i count the pinholes it's just not making sense. Did you guys have a hard time getting through the firewall?

CqqLq+wdRzyTp2u5A5e%gw.jpg

Q1q2wVFWTq6XYFiGyIR0GQ.jpg

CWLXWBuDTYORvDg3XK+Uow.jpg
Sponsored