Sponsored

Adding a Hardtop to my Saraha... What do I do for the Rear Wiper???

CaptainGeezer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport 2019
I don't have an answer to your problem, but I'll add to it. I just did this install, also on a 2019 Wrangler Sport. No power mirrors, no heated steering wheel. My clockspring that i installed is identical to the one shown in the picture above. To note; there is one cable coming out of this clockspring, and three coming out of the factory installed one. Installing the new one means my airbag no longer works (no connections for it). Also there's no way to control the rear defrost.
Sponsored

CaptainGeezer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport 2019
Well it turns out Chrysler is mislabeling these kits. So if you got the single cable clockspring your airbag isn't going to work. Oh and if you're a basic sport model you need an additional control component just to use the rear defrost.

Not happy

linux_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 6-speed manual, 2011 Compass 5-speed manual
I negotiated the hard top and installation during purchase (which also involved a dealer trade to obtain a two door 6-speed manual). A line item in the purchase. Not sure there are enough man years in my life to have tried this myself.

"A man's got to know his limitations."

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I think if I were to do this hard top wiring, I would make a separate powered switch panel ; a momentary rocker switch for the washer, ( you still need to have the dual motor washer tank and hose ) ditto for the wiper, and for the defroster . Run "new" harness back to hardtop connector, select wires needed, and install into the matching aftermarket ( or salvage yard find )
A separate fuse or circuit breaker for the power to the Aux switch for this. No tie in to vehicle system other than fused power.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
All I am concerned about is getting the rear defroster to work on the OEM hardtop. (Yes my Sahara came from the factory with a soft top only) I have the Trailer and Tow package, so I have Auxiliary switches available. Is it possibly to just wire the defroster to one of the Aux switches and bypass all the steering wheel removal crap? Sounds like a real pain in the ass. I do have a heated steering wheel and cold weather package.
Sponsored