First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
@prw04 How hard is it to remove this piece? The plastic piece containing the window switches and air vents? Is it just pressure clips or are there screws than need to be removed first?

scenter.PNG
Two screws under the lid, then snap fittings on the back. Easy removal.

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
06D8E546-DDB9-4EEF-8248-E6E18540D262.jpeg

No necessary. A photo from inside the console will show nothing. The back of the console comes off.
What gauge/type of wire did did you use between the USB ports and the Quadratech 12V adapter?

Sponsored

OP
OP
prw04

prw04

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Billet Silver
Yup

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
My Sahara has (2) USB-C Ports (2) Regular USB Ports and a 115V Outlet from the factory...in that very location.
Ya - not sure if any of the Sport trims came with them. Perhaps with the tech package?

Used mine on a camping trip and it was great. Kids plugged a Nintendo Switch into the USB outlet using a regular to usb c cable. No annoying device errors as I have them wired off of the 12v in the back and there is no connection to the radio (pros and cons to this). I am thinking of swapping my 12v outlet for a 2 port USB-C outlet. I can't think of any use for the 12v.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I suppose you could tap in the usb inside the console. I didn't want to "tap" or cut any wiring. The adapter from Quadratec allows me to plug and play so to speak. Here is a picture of the rear factory 12 volt outlet the harness adapts to. The rear panel is just snapped in. You need to remove the set belt cover and slide it up the belt. Follow the seams of the plastic and you will see where they come apart. I ran the qtec harness over the wheel well and behind the carpet. Here is a pic of the end of the harness wrapped in tape after I connected my wires from new outlets. I just ran my wires under the carpet up to the rear of the passenger seat where there is a carpet opening right at the rear side of the console. Fed it up through the back of the console. Drill out your holes and your done. Power for the kiddos gadgets.
Rear panel outlet.jpeg
Rear panel carpet conn.jpeg
Just ordered all my stuff. Will be doing it when it comes in next week. Thanks so much!

Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I finally got mine installed. I might pop off the back again and adjust the USB on top as you can see the cutout a bit.

Thanks @prw04!

IMG_20180624_155347.jpg
Question. Is that BLUE usb light on all the time? If so, I wonder if its using alot of battery while on all night.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Question. Is that BLUE usb light on all the time? If so, I wonder if its using alot of battery while on all night.
Yes. I have it connected to the rear 12v like the OP. This outlet has constant power as opposed to power while started. No idea how much those lights draw but it can't be much. No battery issues since installing.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yes. I have it connected to the rear 12v like the OP. This outlet has constant power as opposed to power while started. No idea how much those lights draw but it can't be much. No battery issues since installing.
I guess it would just recharge whatever it lost while you drove the next day.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There is a way to switch the rear plug from always on to only on while vehicle is running. It’s explained in the owners manual.
Thanks so much for that! I guess I should read it. Otherwise i would have spliced everything LOL
Sponsored