First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
I have a JLUR w/ leather and I always seem to need more room to put a couple of things. I'm fine when I'm alone in the Jeep, 2 cupholders - one for a bottle of water (or coffee) and the other holds my Phone and wallet. I cannot stand to drive with the phone and wallet in my pockets. Anyway, I was going to do the rear center console swap out to the cup holders, but I need the rear seats to still be able to fold down flat. Off to other options. I did not like the idea of bolting on some generic plastic cup holders to the side of the console nor did I like the idea of using the ones that fit between the seat and console.

Here is what I came up with. I found these little Rubbermaid Bags at Walmart for about $5. They are nylon, so they are flexible. They will fit a phone, bottle of water, etc. Best yet, since they are soft sided, if there is nothing in them they collapse with your leg pushing up against them.

I've used some hanger wire to make some "Z" shaped brackets that will fit on the bolts on either side of the front of the console. I used some 10 LB Scotch fasteners, one to the back of the bag, the other to your home made brackets. You can take them off if needed. I have been driving around with a full bottle of water in the passenger side for about 3 months (mall crawling only) and so far so good. I would not recommend them for coffee, as I could see the hot August weather breaking down the glue on the velcro like holders.

Here are some pics (sorry for full size):
20190523_205519.jpg
20190324_184220.jpg
20190324_182158.jpg
20190324_182110.jpg
20190324_182218.jpg
20190324_182241.jpg

20190324_182733.jpg
Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The red matches the stitching well.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Y
I have a JLUR w/ leather and I always seem to need more room to put a couple of things. I'm fine when I'm alone in the Jeep, 2 cupholders - one for a bottle of water (or coffee) and the other holds my Phone and wallet. I cannot stand to drive with the phone and wallet in my pockets. Anyway, I was going to do the rear center console swap out to the cup holders, but I need the rear seats to still be able to fold down flat. Off to other options. I did not like the idea of bolting on some generic plastic cup holders to the side of the console nor did I like the idea of using the ones that fit between the seat and console.

Here is what I came up with. I found these little Rubbermaid Bags at Walmart for about $5. They are nylon, so they are flexible. They will fit a phone, bottle of water, etc. Best yet, since they are soft sided, if there is nothing in them they collapse with your leg pushing up against them.

I've used some hanger wire to make some "Z" shaped brackets that will fit on the bolts on either side of the front of the console. I used some 10 LB Scotch fasteners, one to the back of the bag, the other to your home made brackets. You can take them off if needed. I have been driving around with a full bottle of water in the passenger side for about 3 months (mall crawling only) and so far so good. I would not recommend them for coffee, as I could see the hot August weather breaking down the glue on the velcro like holders.

Here are some pics (sorry for full size):
20190523_205519.jpg
20190324_184220.jpg
20190324_182158.jpg
20190324_182110.jpg
20190324_182218.jpg
20190324_182241.jpg

20190324_182733.jpg
Yes, I found them at Walmart too they work well on my Yamaha YXZ 1000ss I use a zip tie to hold them in place .

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Smart move!

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)

Don't know what phone you have but my S8+ fits vertically in the slots between the two center console cup holders.
Cup holder.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ehmsea

Ehmsea

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 13 Camaro SS, 04 Pontiac GP
Occupation
RF Engineer
Nice. When my rear seats are folded, I usually put the bottle of wine in the rear cupholders...you just need to build a massive straw to reach the front seat...
:)