First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
One of my Jeep buddies was floored when I showed him the price of high end guitar gear haha. He couldn’t believe it! I’m like yep! You could buy a nice lift, wheels, and tires, and then some for the price of a nice Gibson!
Yes you are correct! The other way to look at it is just like you said. U could buy a nice lift, wheels, and tires for the price of nice guitar. And every year they just go up. Most players have more than 1, and then start figuring in custom hand wired amps etc. I guess there ain't no U-haul following a hurst lol.
Sponsored

akronz

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I decided to put these on today and am happy with the look. U will like them or wont like them. No wrong answer here. Real straight forward and took about an hour to complete.

IMG_4197.jpeg
68210346305__0EBB4653-BDB2-46EA-B269-3A0F6A74DC60.jpeg
IMG_4200.jpeg
IMG_4204.jpeg

tempImage3tJBYj.png

tempImage4BXhpy.png

tempImageB2atUP.png

IMG_4203.jpeg
I may have to consider this once the new wheels/tires go on. I went with a -14 offset so I might get some wheel poking out which I don’t mind but we shall see!

OP
OP
Gobirat

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
I may have to consider this once the new wheels/tires go on. I went with a -14 offset so I might get some wheel poking out which I don’t mind but we shall see!
Yes! I sold the 33 285s and installed the 35 315s. Are you running different tires or are u keeping the stock ones?

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Couple of questions: What tool are you using to remove those rivets? And what is the part numbe r for the replacements?

Appreciate the help!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gobirat

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Couple of questions: What tool are you using to remove those rivets? And what is the part numbe r for the replacements?

Appreciate the help!
Hi there, I just forwarded u the email that I sent to another member. Its quite lengthy and includes everything u need to know.

Last edited:

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
One of my Jeep buddies was floored when I showed him the price of high end guitar gear haha. He couldn’t believe it! I’m like yep! You could buy a nice lift, wheels, and tires, and then some for the price of a nice Gibson!
My wife thought I was insane when I told her how much the Gibson I wanted cost. I took her to the local guitar store and had her hold and feel every price point of guitar from lowest to highest. I am no longer crazy in her eyes.

OP
OP
Gobirat

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
My wife thought I was insane when I told her how much the Gibson I wanted cost. I took her to the local guitar store and had her hold and feel every price point of guitar from lowest to highest. I am no longer crazy in her eyes.
Yes and they keep selling. My friend is a Gibson custom shop dealer and he can't keep them in stock. Music is good therapy for Jeepitis :)

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Did this on my 2 door a couple of months ago and now have to do the same today on my wife’s 4xE.
Jeep Wrangler JL Added the Xtreme Recon fender flares to my 4XE A38F7AFB-4236-42F6-895F-C172866DDBC6
Jeep Wrangler JL Added the Xtreme Recon fender flares to my 4XE 1E6815EA-26AF-4FAC-A5AD-5DD19A3F750D

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Did this on my 2 door a couple of months ago and now have to do the same today on my wife’s 4xE.
Jeep Wrangler JL Added the Xtreme Recon fender flares to my 4XE 1E6815EA-26AF-4FAC-A5AD-5DD19A3F750D
Nice! I ordered the same Red 4Xe, with the exception of the top, I went with the normal black hard top. Can you tell me what kind of mudflaps you have on the 4Xe?

Sponsored

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For those that have done this, would you say that your main reason was for added protection, DOT compliance, or you like the look? I think if I had an XR these would be the 1st things I would remove so I am curious what the main reason is to add them for those that didn't have them to begin with.

OP
OP
Gobirat

Gobirat

First Name
Gobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Hi there!

Curb feelers, I would rather hit the plastic than to tear off a fender if get careless. Some protection from throwing rocks since I added 315s. I used to ride a motorcycle and if I can keep from chucking one back at a rider, thats ok. I know what its like to be pelted.

They might keep cars from parking a little closer since they see it sticking out, and I like it. I like more the tucked in wheel look than looking like a hot wheels sticking out. When I ordered the 392, I went with the XR package. So I am obsessed lol

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I ordered the same Red 4Xe, with the exception of the top, I went with the normal black hard top. Can you tell me what kind of mudflaps you have on the 4Xe?
Not sure what brand, maybe roadmaster, I’ll take a look tomorrow. Picture of how they looked on the Jeep is below. My wife hates them for aesthetic reasons, I couldn’t argue, lol. The XR extensions provide some extra protection from rocks and future proof her for when wider tires go on later.
Jeep Wrangler JL Added the Xtreme Recon fender flares to my 4XE 235159F9-1433-4CBE-B60F-FC5D3018D89F
Jeep Wrangler JL Added the Xtreme Recon fender flares to my 4XE 15B24030-84C1-4ABA-BF72-ED9472DE57B1
Sponsored