Hoosierbilly

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Post photos/ videos of it completed! :like:
Will do, trying to figure out which mirror cap to order for the drivers side, 68361982AA was the right side mirror cap with the cut out for the light. Is there a trick to knowing what the matching left side number is? The pics on the website aren't that specific as far as being with/without the cutout for the light
Sponsored

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Great find! Just to clarify, does that connector plug directly into the light within the euro-spec side mirror, or does it plug into the wiring harness that gets disconnected when removing the door? Or both?! Looking fwd to pics/details -
Btw, left cap part#: 68361983AA

Hoosierbilly

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Great find! Just to clarify, does that connector plug directly into the light within the euro-spec side mirror, or does it plug into the wiring harness that gets disconnected when removing the door? Or both?! Looking fwd to pics/details -
Btw, left cap part#: 68361983AA
Awesome, thanks! It plugs right into the light itself, you can see the 2 little pins in that picture, it doesn't snap in or anything but I think it will hold. I was going to run a separate wire alongside the other wires for the mirror, ill take some pics when I get to wiring it up

Hoosierbilly

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
So I got the passenger light in, wasn't sure where to get the power from, I was wanting to have it on all the time, since I am planning on putting on oracle sidetracts. I found two wires that I was getting 12v across when the engine was running and not when the engine is off so I tapped into those two seen in the picture, this is the plug that goes to the lock/unlock button on the door. Worked initially but then quit and I'm not getting any power across those wires or across the corresponding pins down at the main wire connector for the door. Ok HELP! The lights are 3 watts so I don't see how that would have blown a fuse. I guess I need to figure out how to get power back to those pins/wires. No warning lights or any signs of problems when driving

20210408_134853.jpg

20210408_131208.jpg

Sponsored

Hoosierbilly

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Did you purchase just the caps and lights for the mirrors or the whole assembly?
I ordered the caps and lights separately. I lost the passenger side mirror cap from hitting a branch that was sticking out in the road and accidentally ordered one with the light cutout. So instead of sending it back and getting the correct one I bought lights for them and ordered a mirror cap for the driver side that has the light cutout as well.

Hoosierbilly

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
I ended up running power to my side mirror light from my turn signal harness under the fender when I added the vent light and oracle side tracts. I ran the wire down the door and through the bundle of wires at the bottom of the door and put a disconnect along side the big one for taking the doors off. I have the vent light and mirror light on as running lights and the oracle has the turn signal and a white light that comes on with the entry lights

20210409_115942.jpg

20210409_120101.jpg

20210408_230503.jpg

20210408_230453.jpg

Sponsored

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I ordered the caps and lights separately. I lost the passenger side mirror cap from hitting a branch that was sticking out in the road and accidentally ordered one with the light cutout. So instead of sending it back and getting the correct one I bought lights for them and ordered a mirror cap for the driver side that has the light cutout as well.
One more question, the link provided by another member leads to the product but it says unpainted. Did you have to paint the caps or are they fine as is?

Hoosierbilly

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
One more question, the link provided by another member leads to the product but it says unpainted. Did you have to paint the caps or are they fine as is?
No worries. So the cap I ordered, 68361982AA, is the factory matte finish and didn't need painted or anything and I'm waiting to receive 68361983AA and that should be the same. I did see there is a set, 82215786, that is both caps but they are an unpainted glossy look

Last edited:

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
No worries. So the cap I ordered, 68361982AA, is the factory matte finish and didn't need painted or anything and I'm waiting to receive 68361982AA and that should be the same. I did see there is a set, 82215786, that is both caps but they are an unpainted glossy look
Would you mind sharing the part numbers for each cap and the lights? Great looking Jeep, by the way!

Hoosierbilly

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Would you mind sharing the part numbers for each cap and the lights? Great looking Jeep, by the way!
Hey thanks. Just got my lux rock lights on this weekend too.

The part numbers for the matte black caps that match the original factory ones but have the light cutouts are 68361982AA and 68361983AA (still waiting for this one to arrive but it should be the matching drivers side mirror cap)

The lights I used are from amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/NDRUSH-Assembly-Compatible-Wrangler-Gladiator/dp/B08NWLV5KY

20210410_225153.jpg

Last edited:

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON