T2THE-L

First Name
Tee-el
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara
Hello,
I just joined tonight. I bought my 2019 Jeep Sahara about a month ago and I too would like to know where or what website you got them. Jeep told me they weren't available for the JL model. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate that. Thanks in advance, Tee-el
Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I've always thought having the turn signals visible to the sides via a side marker is of huge benefit safety-wise when making lane changes, etc. Really wanted to add the turn signals in like they come on the Euro-spec models and finally took a crack at it this weekend.

For starters, my US-spec JL had power/heated/blindspot monitor mirrors to begin with.

I ordered the Euro-spec version of the mirrors that had the same specs power/heat/blindspot + turn signal indicators. Thanks to @RocketScientist for the help with getting the part numbers. Anyone interested for these specific versions of the mirror they are:

Right 68281902AD
Left 68281903AD
(Last two letters may be updated to new rev like AE or AF)

These part numbers above include the following options:
-blind spot (XAN)
-black texture (LE4)
-heated (GTB)
-turn signal (LES)

The big question was would the wiring be present? All indicators I could find from speaking to others as well as my research on Tech Authority showed the turn signal wire would NOT be present. This turned out to be correct, it was NOT plug and play. The other features (heat/blindspot/power) worked plug and play since that was already on my JL from the factory, so just the turn signal wire needed to be run. The indicator is grounded already through the mirror so you don't need to run a ground.

I ran a wire from the front LED turn signals (the green/white striped wire was tapped on each side) for each respective mirror. Wires were run into the cab, into the cloth wire harness and into the doors up to the mirrors. I added disconnects at the mirrors and at the doors for door removal.

With the mirrors, the blue/black wire is the one that needed to be routed for the turn signal feed. I pulled the wire out of the mirror plug, added a connector to it, and plugged that into the turn signal wire I ran up to the mirrors.

Very happy with the results. Also the Euro-spec mirrors have different convex areas than US-spec, they both have convex areas on the outer parts. I found this gives a huge improvement in visibility on the driver's mirror especially.

Install took me about 4 hours for the first side just figuring things out, testing, finding the best way to do it, and then only about an hour for the second side. I removed most of the clips for the fender liners on the front to have access to the wiring there.

Another option: is to purchase and add the lights only + new covers on your existing mirrors. Apparently when you buy just the covers they come with a semi-glossy finish for some odd reason. I didn't want this so I ordered entirely new mirrors.

Not 100% on these P/Ns but I think these are correct for the lamps, you would also need the covers

Lamps: 68361957AA and 68361956AA
Covers: unknown (if anyone knows PM me and I'll add them here)

Photo of the parts/glossy covers from this method from @RocketScientist
Did you run through the existing door plugs for your door disconnect? I just looked and it has slots available.

Scott

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Did you run through the existing door plugs for your door disconnect? I just looked and it has slots available.

Scott
No, because there are multiple wiring harnesses throughout that you would have to plug into the empty slots throughout, just makes it more complicated. I just ran a new wire straight through all the way to the mirror, but with a disconnect at the door still so the door can be removed. You are correct in that there are empty slots in the connectors, it just makes the install more complex and time-consuming.

OP
OP
paulr

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Hello,
I just joined tonight. I bought my 2019 Jeep Sahara about a month ago and I too would like to know where or what website you got them. Jeep told me they weren't available for the JL model. If you could point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate that. Thanks in advance, Tee-el
The part numbers in my original post can be purchased from any dealer, they are factory part numbers.

Sponsored

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
No, because there are multiple wiring harnesses throughout that you would have to plug into the empty slots throughout, just makes it more complicated. I just ran a new wire straight through all the way to the mirror, but with a disconnect at the door still so the door can be removed. You are correct in that there are empty slots in the connectors, it just makes the install more complex and time-consuming.
Makes sense, I appreciate it.

Scott

PMyers21

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
Occupation
Photographer
Hmm, I searched on AllMoparParts.com and they didn't come up. Is there anywhere else I can find the mirror covers and lights?

Thanks

Retlaw

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 f150
I got mine with no trouble at all from
QualityMoparParts.com
623.298.1186 | [email protected]

this was a year or so back and I didn’t buy the parts separately I just got the whole mirror assembly as I wanted the curved mirror itself along with the turn signals.

68281903AEMirror-Outside Rear-View
68281902AEMirror-Outside Rear-View

Was about $150 a piece

But I can’t see why they wouldn’t be able to get you the pieces to put it together.
Cheers

hordi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hmm, I searched on AllMoparParts.com and they didn't come up. Is there anywhere else I can find the mirror covers and lights?
I'v been looking the same stuff for about a month - no luck. All responses - ETA (in production) end of November. So, I've decided to buy parts (Cap & Indicator) - both ($32 + $42) are available in any store.

Sponsored

KingCorgi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD
Anyone know where the connectors to the turn signal can be purchased? I have everything else to do the project but that piece.

KingCorgi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD
I decided to install what I have until I can find the wiring connector. Doing just the replacement cap is easy with the Mopar part coming with great instructions to remove the existing one. Once I find the connector to wire up the lights, I'll share here.

PSX_20201125_155049.jpg

mjoneil

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Just FYI as i'm working on this now.. your indicator should have two wires. You will always have the blue/black stripe which needs to be wired to the turn signal. The 2nd wire(ground) will either be green or black. IF it's black and you don't have BSM, your indicator will not be grounded. The black ground is piggy tailed off the ground for BSM. If you have the green, it's directly grounded through the harness, but most cases you won't have anything on the door harness.

Long story short, if you don't have BSM, you will need to ground to pin 10 (ground for heated mirror)

mjoneil

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
up and running! thanks for the info @paulr
ended up tapping into parking lights so they are always on... gonna give it a few days and see if I want to keep them there or tap into the directional.

Jeep Wrangler JL Added Mirror Turn Signals 130267877_10226103587923159_1638040277987270278_n

staros

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Hi all.

I have the euro mirrors.

Can anyone point me to instructions on how to remove the cap so that I can install the light unit.

Having a hard time finding them and I do not want to break anything.

Does the mirror need to come off? How is that done?

And do you have pictures of the connectors tht at you used for the turn signal wire?

Sorry for the simple questions.

Appreciate any help.

Be well. Stay safe.

Steve2
Sponsored