First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
Just got a call from the shop who did this, and they told me the caster is 4.1 and 3.7. I have no clue what these numbers mean and/or if they are important to me. Said something that it shouldn't be a problem if I maintain a proper tire rotation schedule.

Am I to believe that I really didn't need to add the Geometry Correction brackets?
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
t
Just got a call from the shop who did this, and they told me the caster is 4.1 and 3.7. I have no clue what these numbers mean and/or if they are important to me. Said something that it shouldn't be a problem if I maintain a proper tire rotation schedule.

Am I to believe that I really didn't need to add the Geometry Correction brackets?
They should have added. That is the reason AEV provides them - to increase your caster for better handling on the highway. :facepalm:

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
t

They should have added. That is the reason AEV provides them - to increase your caster for better handling on the highway. :facepalm:
AEV does not provide geometry correction brackets with the 2" spacer lift.

To the OP, I would get them or a set of longer control arms.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
AEV does not provide geometry correction brackets with the 2" spacer lift.

To the OP, I would get them or a set of longer control arms.
Sorry my bad. Didn’t mean to say they provided them. OP stated in title had them. Point is they should have installed. Or like you mention, get extended LCAs

Sponsored

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Sorry my bad. Didn’t mean to say they provided them. OP stated in title had them. Point is they should have installed. Or like you mention, get extended LCAs
Good point. It was not clear why they did not install them if he gave them to the shop to install.

Lemaness

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ jlu sport
I also have the 2" AEV spacer lift on my sport. I have 315 k02's. Rides like it did previous to lift.

20210628_123334.jpg

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
Good point. It was not clear why they did not install them if he gave them to the shop to install.
They did install them.

Just picked up the jeep. Caster was 4.1 before and after it was 4.0. I think .1 is within margin of error.

So essentially it came out about what it went in for.

Here is the before and after. Looks good with 33’s. Will look better in 3 years with 315’s.

7FA5A353-4704-41D7-ABD0-88335F6D5C77.jpeg

D7237452-0129-4D4A-BFD4-C216808E366F.jpeg

Sarge80

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Jlu sport 80th anniversary
I also have the 2" AEV spacer lift on my sport. I have 315 k02's. Rides like it did previous to lift.

Jeep Wrangler JL Added AEV Spacer lift w/Correction brackets D7237452-0129-4D4A-BFD4-C216808E366F
Hey, do you have some more pictures? Do they rub at all? I have the AEV spacer lift as well but with 33s on stock wheels with spacers. I really don't like spacers and want to go to 35s with new wheels, but am curious how they will fit.

Lemaness

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018+ jlu sport
Hey, do you have some more pictures? Do they rub at all? I have the AEV spacer lift as well but with 33s on stock wheels with spacers. I really don't like spacers and want to go to 35s with new wheels, but am curious how they will fit.
Seems fine to me. No rubbing. Just got back from some light trails today. I was planning on 33's. But I got lucky and picked up this set with wheels for $500. Pretty happy with it.

20210628_192832.jpg

Sponsored

bluecup78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary Edition
Why don't you like the spacers? I have an 80th Anny and was thinking about putting spacers on to get some more width but with the stock wheels.

Sarge80

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Jlu sport 80th anniversary
Why don't you like the spacers? I have an 80th Anny and was thinking about putting spacers on to get some more width but with the stock wheels.
Just a personal preference. As much as everyone says they are safe, and I'm sure they are, I just don't like them. I'd prefer to run with rims with the proper backspacing than add another potential point if failure.

Having said that l, I've run with them on for almost 10k completely issue free, and will continue to until I am ready for 35s.
Sponsored