Sponsored

Added adjustable LCA's, finally drives like it should...

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
Preface the story with my Jeep (Rubicon) has been a handful since I drove it off the lot... a 2 handed lane maintaining experience which I wouldn't wish on anyone... So what do I do? I add 2.5 inches of lift and 37's. Weeeeeeeeee

After playing with tire pressures, checking everything over after the lift, and just saying F it it's a jeep, I ordered a set of adjustable LCA's.

Adjusted to 24 1/8" long starting point.... night and day difference... it's a different Jeep

I haven't had it on an alignment machine yet and I hope it's in the ballpark, but damn, this thing drives good... I'll get it checked next week and see where it's at but if it's close, I'll tell them to leave it... 80 mph on the highway is a one handed exercise now... no more white knuckles...

30 minute job, did it on my drive on lift but you can do it on the floor, one side at a time, I'd suggest at least a battery or air impact for the bolts since they have loctite on them... easy peasy lemon squeezy...

I drove my wife's lifted sport as soon as I got done with mine, (same kit on 35's, we lifted hers first), and mine is now at least as good as hers... her's always drove better even before I had the lift on mine, hers was better... now we're about the same

hopefully it helps some of you that are still wandering down the road...
Sponsored

Pistnbroke

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon
Occupation
Diesel Mechanic
Nice!! What 2.5" lift did you use on your Jeep? Is it the same lift on the better half's Jeep?

OP
OP
b1er

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RC spacer lift, I ordered mine with shocks, her's has the stock shocks with extensions... when I change her oil, I'm installing my Rubicon shocks on her's and see what difference they make if any...

Dbwy

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That's really good to hear. I've been having trouble with mine, and just ordered the rough country LCAs. Which brand did you get? So I'd you leave them at 24 1/8" or did you make adjustments? How long are the stock LCAs?

OP
OP
b1er

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used Rough Country also... I measured my stock ones at 23 7/8ths... and after setting mine at 24 1/8th I didn't make any other changes... I'll see where it's at on an alignment machine next week... I did have to use a ratchet strap to pull the drivers side into alignment for the bolts but it didn't take much effort on the strap, then the passengers side went right in and lined up...

Dbwy

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thank you very much for the info. This makes me hopeful. I'll also go about 1/4" longer than stock.
Sponsored