Sponsored

Added 35's, dealer says i need Spacer for spare tire rack

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ocean Blue, 2019 Ram 1500 etorque Laramie
I added 35's, and with my back tire on it rubs the brake light and they couldn't put the backup camera housing (protector) back on, they said they could order a spacer that would fix that.

Has anyone had to add this spacer? Are there other options?
Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
I added 35's, and with my back tire on it rubs the brake light and they couldn't put the backup camera housing (protector) back on, they said they could order a spacer that would fix that.

Has anyone had to add this spacer? Are there other options?
Sounds Like BS to me .. I had 35 KM3's on stock wheels and it all fit, very tightly, but it fit. Backup camera housing went on and locked. The third brake light did bow back into the wiper blade, rendering its operation NULL. But it was a temporary thing until I had new wheels put on.

LBK454

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
From your picture you have stock wheels. I have 315’s on mine with stock wheels - no rubbing. I did put on the MOPAR third brake light relocation before the tires went on, and no issues rubbing or with the camera. When I swapped them out, I saw my factory third brake light was adjustable (to go higher) which would have solved any rubbing problem due to taller tire. A wider wheel than stock might lead to clearance with the factor brake light bracket.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Hell I'm running 37s on the stock carrier. No spacers needed if you have the plastic bumpers, but with 35’s you shouldn’t have any issues with the steel ones. Just bolt it on. You won’t have any problems. No need to even move the brake light up.
Sponsored