Sponsored

Add the Braptor to my collection or upgrade the jeeps?

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I know this discusses the Bronco, but I need Jeep owners opinions please.
I will be one of the few getting a Bronco Raptor this year (was one of the lucky early reservations that got selected). First, I had initially ordered a Badlands Sasquatch to compliment my JLURD. When the opportunity came to order the Rapter, I jumped at the chance. I've never owned a specialized and limited edition version of any vehicle and to actually obtain one at MSRP is almost unheard of. So I have a few possible choices.

If I decide to keep the Raptor...
I'm concerned about the width....we're rock crawlers and don't have much access to desert or open running. However I know lots of jeeps with wide axles that seem to do excellent.​
I would really want to wheel this thing. Think it would be fun to have challenges with the JLURD (lifted and on 37's). Although being a unique and somewhat rare vehicle I don't think I will drive it as much or as hard as the jeeps, defeating the intention of the vehicle.​
I have no intention of selling either jeep, so that leaves me with 3 off roaders. It's difficult deciding which one to take now when we can only take one. (I know...first world problems!)​
Get the Raptor but wait for Broncos to become more available and trade for the Bronco I had origionally ordered. Although this still becomes the 3 vehicle problem.
I could simply trade it in for a large profit on another non off road vehicle (wife really likes the Grand Wagoneer)

I could sell to highest bidder and use the proceeds to continue building my never completed JLURD and TJ.
Sponsored

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
I say I'm jealous-as Nick Cage said in a certain movie, you'll see a couple at the starbucks which means they have too much damn money. LOL, no that would be just a good investment for you-Bring it to the Rubicon Trail have some fun with it, clean it up and maybe take it to Barrett-Jackson or Mechum you may be surprised-take the money from that and make some additions to the JLUR.

OP
OP
DwnSth

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
I say I'm jealous-as Nick Cage said in a certain movie, you'll see a couple at the starbucks which means they have too much damn money. LOL, no that would be just a good investment for you-Bring it to the Rubicon Trail have some fun with it, clean it up and maybe take it to Barrett-Jackson or Mechum you may be surprised-take the money from that and make some additions to the JLUR.
Like that idea. BTW where's the Cajun come from?

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
This screams "big profit" to me. Easy money says take delivery then sell it at a high markup since they will be so limited in numbers (assuming you don't end up wanting to keep it).

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
OMG What a horrible problem. LOL. Just kidding with you, but if I did have this problem I would have a 392.

I am sure it will be a cool vehicle to have. Not sure I could even make a decision until I actually had it in my driveway. Of course the one option left out is that the Wagoneer could go a long way with brownie points with the wife. Never know when those could come in handy. LOL.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Two Rogers don’t make a right…

Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
The ultimate First World problem!:LOL:

In all seriousness, I’d probably take delivery and beat on it. Life is too short to do anything else. Just make sure you report back.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just to bring a modicum of cold reality into this conversation: for those who haven't been following, a number of Bronco owners have been reporting catastrophic 2.7 EcoBoosts failures.

Six weeks ago Bronco6G.com started an ongoing thread on this. Among its member base, so far 38 owners have reported a blown engine.

Separately, a month ago FordAuthority.com started a poll asking Bronco owners if they were having problems with their 2.7 EcoBoost: a whopping 24% say Yes! --see below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Add the Braptor to my collection or upgrade the jeeps? 1645125668004

Granted, these are not scientific "polls," but that is still a huge number.

I realize Bronco Raptor does not use the 2.7 EcoBoost. But Ford's problems with Bronco are far from over. And the longer these problems fester, the greater the risk the "Bronco" franchise will become damaged goods.

Who knows what Bronco values will be whenever Raptors start getting delivered.

Last edited:

NC31

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I would drive the Raptor. It's a cool, unique vehicle. And you will be able to get your money back if you do decide to sell it.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
You are a rock crawler. A bronco (in any trim) is not a rock crawler. Use the right tool for the job.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I will be one of the few getting a Bronco Raptor this year (was one of the lucky early reservations that got selected).
  • I could sell to highest bidder and use the proceeds to continue building my never completed JLURD and TJ.
Are you able to make a few $$ by selling your interest in (i.e., the rights to) the Raptor purchase?
Sponsored