Sponsored

Add spacers to Mopar lift, or change lifts?

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
Based on running 35’s on sport axles with no rubbing, Im betting swapping fenders, combined with the D44 axles, wouldnt have any rubbing. Thats probably where I need to start before introducing more driveline issues.
I'd like to know why wheel manufacturers use -12 OS on a 9" or wider wheel for JKs/JLs... almost every configuration will rub/hit the fenders when flexed. Makes no sense to me... the aftermarket wheels are the bigger issue here, not the lift.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TylerV76

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
If you feel like you've caught the bug and will keep modding, I would either look at an aftermarket set of fenders or gutting a set of Rubi's when you install them. Just to keep you from having to pull them off again.

You'll easily be able to increase your ramp flex with longer shocks, and remember that will increase the rotation. On the ramp, start looking for clearance both up and in.
Im almost to a point that Im happy with it. Once this gets squared away I’m down to a very short list of mods. I dont wheel anywhere that difficult and dont have 2 weeks to take of to Moab etc which is kind of why I dont really want to change lifts.

Im sure its rare but I actually like the stock fenders and cant find a set of aftermarket’s that Im happy with.

OP
OP
TylerV76

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I'd like to know why wheel manufacturers use -12 OS on a 9" or wider wheel for JKs/JLs... almost every configuration will rub/hit the fenders when flexed. Makes no sense to me... the aftermarket wheels are the bigger issue here, not the lift.
I may be way wrong here but I was under the impression it was to keep them from rubbing steering components while turning when running wider wheels.

Hpc3

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler(s)
I may be way wrong here but I was under the impression it was to keep them from rubbing steering components while turning when running wider wheels.
I think it's so these wheels/offsets will fit other brands/vehicles or maybe there's a caliper concern with backspacing... could just be for the looks. I think Jeep's XR offset of +12 is about as far as you can go w/o causing rubbing, up to 35" anyway. I'm running 17x8 ET30 on mine with 35"s (stock 392 susp) and there's plenty of room, no interference. Of course it doesn't look as cool as a deep wheel...

I'll defer to others here, don't do any heavy-use crawling in my jeeps.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Im almost to a point that Im happy with it. Once this gets squared away I’m down to a very short list of mods. I dont wheel anywhere that difficult and dont have 2 weeks to take of to Moab etc which is kind of why I dont really want to change lifts.

Im sure its rare but I actually like the stock fenders and cant find a set of aftermarket’s that Im happy with.
I know you don't have a ton of time to get it done with ramping next weekend, but you could go ahead and swap to adjustable bumps so you can adjust bump there and reramp.

The Mopar kit has a solid 2" front bump, so you'll have to pull the spring to remove it, but you can add and remove 1" pucks through the springs if you swap to adjustables. Rears are easy to access, so you can easily swap those in a few minutes.

Another quick option for the front is a stack of hockey pucks and some hardware, that's what I run.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I think it's so these wheels/offsets will fit other brands/vehicles or maybe there's a caliper concern with backspacing... could just be for the looks. I think Jeep's XR offset of +12 is about as far as you can go w/o causing rubbing, up to 35" anyway. I'm running 17x8 ET30 on mine with 35"s (stock 392 susp) and there's plenty of room, no interference. Of course it doesn't look as cool as a deep wheel...

I'll defer to others here, don't do any heavy-use crawling in my jeeps.
There can be clearance issues with straight LCAs with positive offsets. Also, have to remember that there are multiple axle widths, so the sports need less offset to get the same distance out from the frame.

OP
OP
TylerV76

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I know you don't have a ton of time to get it done with ramping next weekend, but you could go ahead and swap to adjustable bumps so you can adjust bump there and reramp.

The Mopar kit has a solid 2" front bump, so you'll have to pull the spring to remove it, but you can add and remove 1" pucks through the springs if you swap to adjustables. Rears are easy to access, so you can easily swap those in a few minutes.

Another quick option for the front is a stack of hockey pucks and some hardware, that's what I run.

Im not in a huge rush so I can make adjustments and postpone the ramp if need be. It's under 10 minutes away from me at the local ORV park.

Any recommendations on adjustable stops?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I 2nd the allmoparparts.com I ordered the fenders from them before Christmas and it was supposedly a 6-8 week lead time. I got an email 2 weeks later they shipped. Reach out to @AllMoparParts.com and Benny may be able to give you a discount code. I used the synergy bump stops and they do fit between the springs if you let the axle droop some. I am only running 35"s so no idea on the 37"s clearance.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/bump-stops/8057-10-synergy-snap-lock-bump-stop-spacer-kit-2-4in
Sponsored