Add Power Locks and Remote Start to Jeep Sport Unlimited JL

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Thanks Randy! I am assuming you used the actuators that came with the kit where you have to drill and mount them. Mine is a 2 door plus the swing gate. I was planning on trying to use OEM actuators which is probably more work pulling out the manual latches and replacing with power ones. I wanted to add a remote start also so trying to figure out if I could add to the A1 kit and just have one fob or go the idatastart from cruthchfield ?
Sponsored

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Randy did you have to add any extra relays to the A1 kit ? Quote from their site: The starter kill requires an 8618 starter kill relay or equivalent and the auxillary outputs require 8617 or similar relays.

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
From what I saw it is done through a website where they put in the sales code for the feature but maybe you can. Did you ask your dealer if they would enable the power locks if you buy the remote start? That gets you 2 key fobs with the lock buttons.
Has anyone had any luck with the dealer and being able to accomplish what ryghigh did after installing the factory power latches and factory wiring harnesses he listed?

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
I am currently talking to some local shops, I will probably go aftermarket 2 way remote start and OEM door harnesses and latches. I'll post what I end up doing even if this thread is more like crickets now, lol!

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Well currently my jeep 2022 sport jl 2 door is in local audio shop. I should have paid more attention to the beginning of this thread. I got all 3 oem actuators includes swing gate. On my driver side door there are no empty plugs for adding the wire jumpers so I had to order a new 68299333AG driver side harness so they can complete the job. So they are going to button everything else up and I will take it back when harness comes in. I guess this is something that has changed on the newer models. I started to order both side door harnesses, should have so it will be next week when it is complete. They are wiring it up to a Compustar remote keyless entry. Only thing is you can't use the key to unlock the swing gate, as all new jeepswithpower gates don't have a key cylinder anyway.

Sponsored

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Harness came in today, will take it in Tuesday to complete!

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
I finally got Oem door locks and a remote start as listed above. I have a problem as i paid a audio shop to do all the work cost me about 1400 dollars as they had to go back in and install a Oem harness because they said the harness on my drivers door did not have the removable plugs so I ordered one that had everything on it 68299333AG for my 2022 2 door jl sport. They added the first tech drone Blade AL bypass module. Everything seems to work from remote start and i can unlock both doors to get in driver first as it has priority and then passengers and I have the swing gate on the trunk release to unlock. But the swing gate will lock with the lock button pressed. Problem is when locked and not remote started I can unlock one or both doors with compustar fob or phone app, but when I open the door the headlights and tails I believe come on for about 30 seconds. I do have the headlight off delay to zero in touch screen settings. There is also another setting called: Headlight illumination on Approach/Illuminated Approach. My jeep doesn't have that in the settings menu but the audio shop is telling me that my jeep is seeing that feature now since they added door locks, that there remote system is talking to the can bus. They did not use any T harness and everything is a pinned connection in the harnesses and connected to added I think 2 wires at the footwells coming out on the jeep side to Compustar. Any other connections soldered. Once I get in if I press lock on the fob everything will lock and lights will go out or I can leave it unlocked and the lights time out. IF i get in and the engine is on I can lock the doors but I can not unlock the passenger side if it is running in park or if in gear will not unlock the passenger side, only will do that from a remote start mode or if it is locked setting off. If I leave the doors unlocked and remote start the headlights come on briefly , hazards fish horn honks, the engine starts then it locks the doors, but will die if you open the door before it locks. Should really lock first before it starts but does not. When i go to unlock after this it will unlock either the drivers door first or the passengers. Then if I open the driver door and shut it off, leave the doors unlocked again and remote start it will then do the same things but when you use the compustar fob again to unlock it will unlock the opposite door from last time. It goes back and forth between which door is first only from an unlocked situation. Ive ordered some led taillights so Im going to see if they work or if I need a taser or dealer flash. My question is what do you think? Is the Jeep thinking I have power locks now and telling itself when not remote started that it has the unlock approach setting active even though its not in the menu? Or is something wired up wrong on the installers side? And they said they thought they could fix the passenger door to unlock by installing another relay? They said they couldn't guarantee it would fix that. What do you all think? any ideas as I really like these guys as they did a great job not tearing our jeep up installing, but maybe there is something wired wrong? It was my understanding that a remote start keyless entry would be entirely separate from the BCM but maybe not the Can Bus? Sometimes when I get in from a non remote start when the headlights come on like I explained I will get a message on the dash that says "KEY FOB NOT DETECTED" and thats after I get in of course if I push the start button fast, maybe that it has to time out for about 3 seconds, but never from the remote start mode with both doors locked. Do you think the second door not functioning properly may be causing some of this? Im confused but overall if you leave the doors locked all the time it will work pretty much like it should beside the non remote start with doors unlocked.

Last edited:

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Going back tomorrow to see if They can at least get the passenger door to function correctly and we are going to talk to Compustar tech support to see what all if anything can be done to get the headlights to turn off when opening the doors.

KJL

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JL
Ok, today went back to the installers shop and checked programming and i think it was a misunderstanding on the drivers door priority and having both doors wired to unlock with the fob so they had to wire the passenger door back to the remote start module and I had them to change some door settings to both unlock then second the trunk too, also still have the trunk unlock feature too. We could not get the headlights to stay off when you first unlock the doors and then open they come on still for 30 seconds unless you get in and lock the doors or switch the headlights on and back off. Its not a bad thing but i think I am going to go the Scan route and see if I can adjust that. Overall Im happy with the shop and end results. It would have been nice if my jeep would have had more than 5 wires in the doors so thats why I went this route.

botlfed98

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
has anyone attempted to install doors w/power locks & windows on a manual base model?

Sponsored

AndyMojito

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL sport
I put power locks and windows on my 2019 Wrangler sport. I got the inner door skins from ebay that had the window motors and tracks and switched them with the manual tracks. Then I got a aftermarket power window kit and wired them that way. The switch almost fit perfect in the little cubby that's empty in the sport, where the power window switch would go. Still have a hole where the handles were but will get used door panels later. Got a easyguard alarm that sucks so I just picked up the Compustar T13 Drone remote and Firstech remote start. Now I just have to rewire everything again and install it, and this time I will take pictures and post them so you can see power windows can be done.

Riley__welch

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO / Hermosa Beach, CA / Lexington, KY
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I put power locks and windows on my 2019 Wrangler sport. I got the inner door skins from ebay that had the window motors and tracks and switched them with the manual tracks. Then I got a aftermarket power window kit and wired them that way. The switch almost fit perfect in the little cubby that's empty in the sport, where the power window switch would go. Still have a hole where the handles were but will get used door panels later. Got a easyguard alarm that sucks so I just picked up the Compustar T13 Drone remote and Firstech remote start. Now I just have to rewire everything again and install it, and this time I will take pictures and post them so you can see power windows can be done.
did you ever install power windows? If so how much did it cost/ how did you do it?
Sponsored