Add Power Locks and Remote Start to Jeep Sport Unlimited JL

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I just got in all of my parts to do this install. Victory Chrysler here in KC is looking to get me set up with the remote start kit and will flash my jeep for power locks and remote start, ill reach back out and confirm if I need a receiver. From what I can tell those are for the upgraded headunits, but ill check with Benny with @AllMoparParts.com and see if we can get a confirmation.

i know this is a very old post, but thought it would be beneficial for some.
Sponsored

CJ-TJ-JLU

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys Sport
Ben,
I'm looking to add power locks to my 2021 JLU Willys Sport.
I want to add my power locks using factory parts.
Also planning on adding power mirrors at same time.
These posts are a few years old now.
I see several posts saying Jeep bodies are already wired for all this but when I go pull my drivers side door connector I see 3 wires on the door side and 3 wires on the Jeep side. My Jeep is base model Willys with manual tranny. Does anybody know if Jeep just started changing the main body side wiring harness to eliminate the extra wires?

wranglerflx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4runner 2019 wrangler sport
Ben,
I'm looking to add power locks to my 2021 JLU Willys Sport.
I want to add my power locks using factory parts.
Also planning on adding power mirrors at same time.
These posts are a few years old now.
I see several posts saying Jeep bodies are already wired for all this but when I go pull my drivers side door connector I see 3 wires on the door side and 3 wires on the Jeep side. My Jeep is base model Willys with manual tranny. Does anybody know if Jeep just started changing the main body side wiring harness to eliminate the extra wires?
Noticed the same with my 2019 2dr wrangler.

3 wires going to from the door connectors all the way to the ... BCM? from each door.

So replacing the door harnesses and the power locks was such a waste of time.

I ended up with a remote start (which I never ever use) and fancy keyfobs (with buttons)

$800+ later still no power locks :(

CJ-TJ-JLU

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys Sport
I'm thinking about going ahead with the jeep door harness and power lock modules, cutting the power lock wires at the door connector, adding a connector to go to an aftermarket alarm with it's own remote to activate the factory door locks. I get OEM door locks but just need to carry an extra fob to activate the locks. It sounds like the weak link to the aftermarket systems is the door actuators so it should hold up and function well.

CJ-TJ-JLU

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys Sport
Also looking at getting the contacts that go into the body side connector housing and inserting my own wires to go to the aftermarket alarm module so it maintains a single connection to remove the doors. Will probably get power for power mirrors that way too,
Jeep Wrangler JL Add Power Locks and Remote Start to Jeep Sport Unlimited JL 1645675019541

Sponsored

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Also looking at getting the contacts that go into the body side connector housing and inserting my own wires to go to the aftermarket alarm module so it maintains a single connection to remove the doors. Will probably get power for power mirrors that way too,
Jeep Wrangler JL Add Power Locks and Remote Start to Jeep Sport Unlimited JL 1645675019541
Noticed the same with my 2019 2dr wrangler.

3 wires going to from the door connectors all the way to the ... BCM? from each door.

So replacing the door harnesses and the power locks was such a waste of time.

I ended up with a remote start (which I never ever use) and fancy keyfobs (with buttons)

$800+ later still no power locks :(
Well while that is not reassuring I’m still going for it. I can post the part numbers that I bought. The remote start comes with the antenna and RF receiver hub that need to be mounted. I’m pretty sure the remote start kit also only works on the Auto’s atleast thats what my stealership, sorry dealership told me. I’m pretty sure i have more than 3 wires, though i guess i never looked.

wranglerflx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope this will help somebody
you can enable the locks w/o visiting a jeep dealer
(dealer will say the code is not available for you VIN)
via the jscan app ( app+cable+bt adapter approx. $75 for me)

so if you replace the mechanical door lock with a power capable lock, replace the door harness AND if you have one of the newer models so the wires from BCM to the door adapter are actually present then it should work.

same logic applies is for the rear gate door.

my 2019 model did not have any of the (pre)wires required to make the door/lock unlock circuits close :(

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Just throwing it out there, if anyone is looking for the proximity door handle, cargo door handle and harnesses, I have them for sale. Let me know if anyone’s interested.

Gazorpazorpfield

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Bikini Pearl, 2009 JKU X
Just throwing it out there, if anyone is looking for the proximity door handle, cargo door handle and harnesses, I have them for sale. Let me know if anyone’s interested.
How much are you looking for?

awooten3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Well while that is not reassuring I’m still going for it. I can post the part numbers that I bought. The remote start comes with the antenna and RF receiver hub that need to be mounted. I’m pretty sure the remote start kit also only works on the Auto’s atleast thats what my stealership, sorry dealership told me. I’m pretty sure i have more than 3 wires, though i guess i never looked.
Did you have any luck with this? I'm looking to do the same and would be curious what parts you ordered and how it went. Thanks!

Sponsored

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Did you have any luck with this? I'm looking to do the same and would be curious what parts you ordered and how it went. Thanks!
I haven’t yet installed everything, I am waiting on my remote start kit to arrive.

This of course in an unofficial part list that benny helped me gather up. It uses the thread listed to get the parts.

“Hi Ben,
We cannot confirm but according to this thread https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...emote-start-to-jeep-sport-unlimited-jl.61486/

Here are the parts that were needed
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68299333ag
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-wiring-68299332ag
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-rear-door-wiring-68312445ag
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-rear-door-wiring-68312444ag

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-latch-left-68456863aa
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-front-door-latch-right-68282954ab
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-wrangler-jl-left-rear-power-lock-latch-68282961aa
https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-wrangler-jl-right-rear-power-lock-latch-68282960aa

The remote start kit 82216342AA will need to be ordered locally as this will come pre-cut.

-Benny”

wranglerflx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The remote start kit 82216342AA will need to be ordered locally as this will come pre-cut.
FYI

82216342AA comes with 2 uncut keys - can be ordered from any authorized Mopar parts dealer. ( they did ask for the VIN #)

J2hang

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I just got in all of my parts to do this install. Victory Chrysler here in KC is looking to get me set up with the remote start kit and will flash my jeep for power locks and remote start, ill reach back out and confirm if I need a receiver. From what I can tell those are for the upgraded headunits, but ill check with Benny with @AllMoparParts.com and see if we can get a confirmation.

i know this is a very old post, but thought it would be beneficial for some.
So what was the final outcome ? I am in the same boat. Installed power latches and harness but only have 2-3 wires on my 2022 body side harness.
mid I don’t find a factory solution soon I will probably just as a viper alarm system

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
So what was the final outcome ? I am in the same boat. Installed power latches and harness but only have 2-3 wires on my 2022 body side harness.
mid I don’t find a factory solution soon I will probably just as a viper alarm system
Final outcome is in progress. I have had some unexpected bad luck. I was clipped by a F-550 where the driver stated he didnt see me, and crinkled my tub, and Currrently I have a crankcase full of fuel…..

Currently the project is on a major pause

Oscaryq

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl 2020
Hi i just got interesting in adding this feature to my 2020 jeep wrangler unlimited how many wires before the clip most have what color I own a im608 so I will be able to flash it my self and add keys but I'm not sure if I will be good to go with the wiring any one have pictures
Jeep Wrangler JL Add Power Locks and Remote Start to Jeep Sport Unlimited JL 20220601_141050
Jeep Wrangler JL Add Power Locks and Remote Start to Jeep Sport Unlimited JL 20220601_141034
Jeep Wrangler JL Add Power Locks and Remote Start to Jeep Sport Unlimited JL 20220601_141240
Jeep Wrangler JL Add Power Locks and Remote Start to Jeep Sport Unlimited JL 20220601_141313
Jeep Wrangler JL Add Power Locks and Remote Start to Jeep Sport Unlimited JL Screenshot_20220601-142934_Drive
Sponsored