Add Heated Steering wheel and seats

HotSpringsJL

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL base sport
Is there any way to add heated steering wheel and seats to a base JL?

Not interested in leather seats.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You can definitely add heated seats. Your dealer can do it or can refer you to someone who can. And it should not be expensive.

I'm not familiar with aftermarket heated steering wheels. Hopefully others can weigh in.

OP
OP

HotSpringsJL

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL base sport
Thanks. I already have the base JL. If anyone know a company that does that in Arkansas please let me know.

Sponsored

robplumm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR in Dozer
You can buy heated steering wheel covers. To get it "factory", you'd probably have to wait until parts come out and buy one, install it.

The seats, as mentioned, are much easier.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
You can buy heated steering wheel covers. To get it "factory", you'd probably have to wait until parts come out and buy one, install it.

The seats, as mentioned, are much easier.
It's gonna be hella expensive to add factory steering wheel heat.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I will just tuck one hand behind my back at a time and enjoy the sweet heat of the seat warmer.
Currently I hold a hot cuppa joe, and switch hands as I drive to work.

Sponsored

TimP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler sport
I have a sport S with cloth seats that are heated with the heated steering wheel.

FNP73

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I didn’t get the cold weather package w/ my Rubicon due to an ordering error. Unfortunately the heated steering wheel can’t be added, and I would’ve had to put in a new order for another Rubicon to get it. The dealer is comping me the seats, though. Can’t be done through them but through a local company instead.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I didn’t get the cold weather package w/ my Rubicon due to an ordering error. Unfortunately the heated steering wheel can’t be added, and I would’ve had to put in a new order for another Rubicon to get it. The dealer is comping me the seats, though. Can’t be done through them but through a local company instead.
Not sure if you care but when installed by aftermarket they will put holes in your console behind your shifter for the seat heater controls. Before you have them do that make sure you are OK with that. Some people do not want to have this done for that reason.

If it matters to you ask your dealer if this after market install can be done by installing the switches in the dash same as factory or if they will need to drill holes to put the controls in the center console. Just want to make sure are aware of this before being potentially disappointed.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Just remember, any heating system added after jeep receipt will not be covered by jeeps warranty--including any systems ASOCIATED !

Whatever

jimbo

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
My Rubicon doesn't have the cold weather group either, not really a big deal (even though I'm in Canada) but if MOPAR comes out with a heated seat kit eventually I'll probably get it. My preference would be for it to be integrated into the uConnect system, rather than having switches added wherever or going through the hassle/expense of replacing the factory switch-bank.
Sponsored