Add Heated Steering wheel and seats

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
When I was looking, I found one online that was my build exactly, except in my second color choice and no cold weather. That dealership offered to add it, and the price seemed fair. Didn’t get a quote on the adding, just jeep with it installed. But I found a better deal on my order. These things are new, and now many people have worked on them yet. Not sure I want mine to be a dealerships training tool.
Point is, yes it seems it can be dealer added if you want to go that way.
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
When I was looking, I found one online that was my build exactly, except in my second color choice and no cold weather. That dealership offered to add it, and the price seemed fair. Didn’t get a quote on the adding, just jeep with it installed. But I found a better deal on my order. These things are new, and now many people have worked on them yet. Not sure I want mine to be a dealerships training tool.
Point is, yes it seems it can be dealer added if you want to go that way.
Well that was on a Rubi. Not sure if they can do it on a base model.

FNP73

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Just remember, any heating system added after jeep receipt will not be covered by jeeps warranty--including any systems ASOCIATED !

Whatever

jimbo
How does that work if the dealership paid for it due to an ordering error and it was done through a technician of their choice?

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
How does that work if the dealership paid for it due to an ordering error and it was done through a technician of their choice?
Technically, the dealer would be obligated to handle it under HIS warranty, but he may not offer any.

FNP73

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Technically, the dealer would be obligated to handle it under HIS warranty, but he may not offer any.
Ahhh, thanks. We’ve purchased multiple vehicles from the dealership, so my hope would be that they would go good on it. But I certainly will keep that in mind. The bottom line is $$$!

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Ahhh, thanks. We’ve purchased multiple vehicles from the dealership, so my hope would be that they would go good on it. But I certainly will keep that in mind. The bottom line is $$$!
Trust me, I learned about it the HARD way... I'm glad you have history there! That's great!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
So now that winter is back again, are there any updates on adding the heated steering wheel?

I'm assuming you'd have to buy the wheel, have it installed, then have it programmed. Is it possible?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
So now that winter is back again, are there any updates on adding the heated steering wheel?

I'm assuming you'd have to buy the wheel, have it installed, then have it programmed. Is it possible?
$$$$$$$$$

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Bumping this to see if anyone has tried installing a heated steering wheel yet without setting it up like OEM. The heated wheel itself has 2 connectors, one for the heating unit and another for the MUX control switch.

If you only wanted on/off, just send 12v to the heater connection from a basic switch and ignore the MUX input wires?

Or could you use a 12v RV light dimmer switch to control the heat level? Something like this for discussion purposes: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002UC6Q0E/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_nUCBEb48TVS6E
Sponsored