First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
AML Investigator
So, we just added the 285's to the JL. Adds that aggressive stance, and truthfully, looks really nice.

Was looking at it today, and trying to figure out if I added say a 2" AEV spacer lift, if it would look stupid. The lift would essentially bring the bottom of the fenders to the top of the plastic fender trim in the wheel wells (not sure if it's THAT simple)...So I ask...would a 2" spacer lift look weird or out of place?

Jeep Wrangler JL Add a 2" spacer lift? 1623242287591
Sponsored

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
Heres mine with 2.5 RC Budget lift and 275's. I don't think yours would look stupid at all. I say go for it and enjoy it!

Jeep Wrangler JL Add a 2" spacer lift? GPP

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
i'm considering it...that's for sure.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s mine shortly after I got it back in 2018, @TTEChris of Tank Customs here in Houston put in a RC 2.5” boost so I could run 315’s

I don’t think running the 285’s would look bad at all, just maybe a bit more space but since you said a 2” boost it would look pretty close to what I have I would think.

Jeep Wrangler JL Add a 2" spacer lift? 946A3614-A7D4-45F1-BFBC-ABE85C18FD28

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
What are the full specs of the 285 tires? That will help determine a comp.
You could be anywhere between 33" and 35" with a 285.

I do think the AEV 2" spacer lift would be very nice on your jeep. Based on the picture you provided above.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
What are the full specs of the 285 tires? That will help determine a comp.
You could be anywhere between 33" and 35" with a 285.

I do think the AEV 2" spacer lift would be very nice on your jeep. Based on the picture you provided above.
it’s about 32.75”tall give or take

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
On the Sahara I went with the Teraflex 1.5 spacer kit. I put BFG KO2's 275/70/18 33's on.

The spacer kit is 2.0 in front to remove Factory rake ( Which it did) and 1.5 rear.

Gives more light off-road space for tires,

2019 Jeep JLU Sahara  Lifted 33's  now..jpg

2019 JUL Sahara .jpg

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I say go for the aev spacer lift. Have you re-calibrated your speedometer yet? If not, that SNAP tool will also help on the end.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
A 2" lift will look just fine. Install isn't difficult as long you're even a little mechanically inclined.
Here's a link to a thread I made when I installed mine →Install thread link
If you're not experienced with working on cars, you can still do it. It might be a tad challenging but certainly not something you can't do yourself.
Do it, and don't look back.
FWIW, I have the Daystar kit which included longer LCA's. I got it because I was worried about the caster angle after the lift and subsequent wandering, It may not be an issue with a 2" kit, but why worry about it if you can eliminate the issue. Anyway, there's a lot of good kits, that's just one to consider.

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
A 2" lift will look just fine. Install isn't difficult as long you're even a little mechanically inclined.
Here's a link to a thread I made when I installed mine →Install thread link
If you're not experienced with working on cars, you can still do it. It might be a tad challenging but certainly not something you can't do yourself.
Do it, and don't look back.
FWIW, I have the Daystar kit which included longer LCA's. I got it because I was worried about the caster angle after the lift and subsequent wandering, It may not be an issue with a 2" kit, but why worry about it if you can eliminate the issue. Anyway, there's a lot of good kits, that's just one to consider.
I cannot do it. I am the most mechanically stupid person on the earth. Lol.

I looked at the teraflex but saw they recommend 4.5” backspacing which I only have 5.01.

The AEV is nice because if the pro cal…and I can get longer control arms. It’d be $450 for 2” and then whatever it costs to install it.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I say go for the aev spacer lift. Have you re-calibrated your speedometer yet? If not, that SNAP tool will also help on the end.
Thats very cool they provide you with the SNAP tool to calibrate included in the kit..

OP
OP
Pdiehm

Pdiehm

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
AML Investigator
Should I also get the longer lower control arms from Mopar

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I cannot do it. I am the most mechanically stupid person on the earth. Lol.

I looked at the teraflex but saw they recommend 4.5” backspacing which I only have 5.01.

The AEV is nice because if the pro cal…and I can get longer control arms. It’d be $450 for 2” and then whatever it costs to install it.
Ha ha!!! Well wrenching on vehicles isn't for everyone. It's good to know your limitations. Likewise, I'm not going to try to cook a 4-course meal or handle a poisonous snake. I'm going to pay someone who knows what they're doing. I can design and build something, but not code something. Maturity allows us to say "nope, that's not for me to do." Sounds like a mature choice to accept that you aren't a mechanical person and not do it. For any of those that are mechanical, you'll be fine. For those that aren't, follow that example.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Meh. I've heard some say yes, and some say no. I got them because I was concerned, but you can always add them later if you decide you need them.
Install the lift, drive it around a bit and see if it wanders. If it does, installing the LCA's can be done pretty quick as an add-on later.

Sholmberg0311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Occupation
Adult baby sitter
Like @Shots said, some say yes some say no. I figured while I had the Jeep already apart I may as well just add LCAs. I Also added a Trackbar as well. Was it needed? I don't Know for certain. But I know down the road when I add more to the build, those will be two less things I need to worry about. Good luck !
Sponsored