Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise disables itself after stopping...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

loudog3114

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 WK CRD, 1990 YJ, 1978 911SC, 2002 Land Cruiser, 2016 BMW i3
"Now I know that's how it acts so I know to pay attention but the first few trips out were a little alarming when I was used to being able to take my eyes off the road for a second to check the phone, radio, whatever in my other cars."

I know you're 4 pages in, but at least re-read your own words before making smart ass remarks about reading thoroughly if your memory is garbage? You just come off as a whiny bitch when being called out for your self described actions ruffles your feathers.
All of that was in reference to when the vehicle is stopped which is pretty clearly stated maybe one or two sentences before the one you chose to quote. Work on your reading comprehension.
Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
To get back to the original question, yes, my 2021 diesel with ACC does the same, as did my 2018 WK2 with ACC. Works pretty well, but with all of these "assistance" systems, we still need to be driving. It is nice to have the vehicle slow me all the way to a stop if traffic around me does, but it also means I need to be more aware and ready when it does.

And yes, all of these "features" give me plenty more to break and bitch about.

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
Let’s all just relax a bit aye? No sense in pointing at each other. With EVERYTHING going on, seems to me a bit silly to be arguing about this post.

After all, when the automobile first came out it was going to be the death of the world. IBM said its typewriters would never be replaced. Computers were the size of rooms and houses, and should never be the brain of a car. Don’t drink and drive because you might spill your drink. Wha??? Hey how’d that get in here?

And here we are. In 20 years people will be saying they don’t understand how this whoziwhatsit was never in cars to begin with. And there will still be plenty who think the whoziwhatsit should not be in a vehicle and should die a horrible death. 🤷🏽

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Wow, what is this dark magic ACC? Sounds like, a phantom of evil.

How did we ever drive a CJ? They even had drum brakes! Man, Fred Flintstone would be scared today.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
All of that was in reference to when the vehicle is stopped which is pretty clearly stated maybe one or two sentences before the one you chose to quote. Work on your reading comprehension.
When the vehicle is stopped in traffic or at a light, you are still driving. Put the phone down and pay attention.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
When the vehicle is stopped in traffic or at a light, you are still driving. Put the phone down and pay attention.
He will realize that once a bloke making a turn on green accidentally hits him while he is looking at phone when standing at a red light. He will realize he could have tried to move out the way if he was not looking at his phone.

He will probably lecture the other guy about ACC and Automatic Braking and how the two could have prevented the collision.

Our phone laws in USA are rather lenient. In Ontario, Canada just touching your phone while your vehicle is in gear is a $500 fine if seen by an officer. I can imagine some bozo from the US trying to reason with a Canadian judge in court that he or she should not be fined because their car has ACC and Automatic Braking.

Status
Not open for further replies.