Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control w/ Manual Transmission... So Good!

Harper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.myjeepadventures.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Black and Tan
20190916_104127.jpg

I debated getting the adaptive Cruise control option on my 2020 JL as I wasn't sure how it would really work paired with my manual transmission. My wifes Explorer has it, and I really enjoy it, but I couldn't get my head around how it could possibly work with the manual.

Well, I am beyond happy with it. The biggest thing I found was that engaging the clutch doesnt shut off Cruise like tapping on the brakes does, so if you find you are slowing down a bit and need to down shift, you just down shift and it seems to just know how to handle it, and just picks right up when the clutch is let out.

So if you like the adaptive Cruise option, and like a manual, my $0.02 is they pair quite nicely together and definitely go for it.
Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I have adaptive cruise in my volvo and it’s honestly fantastic. Drove a manual Jeep and could not wipe the smile off my face. Really miss a manual. Great to hear the peanut butter goes with this chocolate.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
I think almost every automaker is using the same ACC system from Bosch, and they seem to all behave similarly (even with a manual). My GTI also lets you shift without disengaging ACC, not that it's typically necessary with such a light car+torquey engine.

But since the 6MT JL is geared SOOO tall (especially with the 3.45 axle), you need to downshift from 6th every time a gnat farts, so it's good that ACC stays engaged.

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I have a 2018 and when my CC disengages after a gnat fart, I will say I'm jelly!
Sponsored