Sponsored

Adaptive cruise control sensor location/aftermarket bumpers

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Who has taken delivery of a 19 with the advanced safety group? Please post pictures of rear view mirror, steering wheel and bumpers.
Sponsored

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
under general discussions, in the thread "adaptive cruise control- need reports from new owners", some of the questions raised in this thread are answered. I don't know how to quote a link to a thread, but it is easy to find. the mirror is not lower according to one member who studied the pictures in detail.

CharlieS3

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I did a careful look at my new JL and took some pics. I did not find any sensors on the front bumper. There are definitely sensors on the rear bumper that are used with the parksense option. I have attached pics of those. I also took an exterior pic of the sensors behind the rearview mirror. Personally, although it is large, I don't even notice it while I am driving.

IMG_0690.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper

Sponsored

MarkWhite

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU JLU
I have it on my 2019 model its great on lowest sensitivity since on long range it starts slowing down about 100 yrds away...lol

As you can see its dropped a bit but withing a few days I was used to it...

The mirror is lower but really doesnt interfere with much unless your trying to spot UFOs on the trails your fine I have wheeled it and I dont use it unless on very long trips but Im a pedal driver always have been...
I set it to the least sensitive setting and it works fine...it doesnt auto drive your vehicle and you should be still steering the jeep and paying attention so not autonomous driving in any way so all the comments about it failing and causing a wreck are misguided.

upload_2019-5-30_18-18-30.png

What I need to do is fine the specs on whats inside so I know if I can mount my CB under it and yes I will still be legal with unobstructed view across my windshield but I figure my CB will look great right under it.,..I just need to know either how to get the cover off it so I can make the mounts work or how deep I can go in and where anything touchy is located so I dont mess it up ...

MARK WHITE 2.jpg

21153.jpeg

MarkWhite

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU JLU
I was unable to mount the CB I selected under the rear view sensor area since its a monster Cobra version LED LX29 I think was model so I opted for beside the passenger seat at console level ...Figured I would update my statements from above...lol a bit off topic...
I did remove the third brake light it still worked even after I moved it up as high as possible but I opted for the third wheel brake light instead...
More mods yet to go...

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG
Sponsored