Sponsored

Adaptive cruise control sensor location/aftermarket bumpers

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
I'm about to place an order on a 2019 JLUR and wanted to know if we had confirmation on sensor location for adaptive cruise control. I saw it mentioned it would be by rearview mirror but wanted to confirm. If it is, I'll skip the stock steel bumper and just go aftermarket. Otherwise, I'll go stock steel to avoid headaches.

Thanks!
Sponsored

cdhd2

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I just found a link to a preliminary 2019 build tool on the Jeep site, built the one I ordered, then looked at the 360 view of the interior. If this is a final vehicle or rendering, the camera takes up a lot of space! Its huge! Here is a screen capture of the 2019 with ACC and Forward collision warning, and a 2018 for comparison. If you want to see for yourself, following this link, then go to the interior page, and click on the 360 degree icon on the interior image, and move the image upward.

https://www.jeep.com/build.wrangler...DD,UAQ,ALP,AEK,AD6,AJ1,RC4,DMF,X9,PAU,23R,APA

2019 with ASG.png
2018 with SG.png

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I just found a link to a preliminary 2019 build tool on the Jeep site, built the one I ordered, then looked at the 360 view of the interior. If this is a final vehicle or rendering, the camera takes up a lot of space! Its huge! Here is a screen capture of the 2019 with ACC and Forward collision warning, and a 2018 for comparison. If you want to see for yourself, following this link, then go to the interior page, and click on the 360 degree icon on the interior image, and move the image upward.

https://www.jeep.com/build.wrangler...DD,UAQ,ALP,AEK,AD6,AJ1,RC4,DMF,X9,PAU,23R,APA

2019 with ASG.png
2018 with SG.png
Man that is such an eyesore. Besides I would not bet my life cruising on highway on Jeep electronic components, so basically no thanks!

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
I just built what I want off the link you shared for the 2019. The shifter is noticably MISSING. I think its just an error on their modeling, I didn't notice any new knobs on the dash when comparing it to the identical build of a 2018 (minus the Adv Safety). It does have the ACC controls on the wheel nxt to the CC buttons. Everything else looks very similar with only a few things 'off' but I'm chalking that up to whatever they used to render the image as well.
Shifter.jpg

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Hope its not like that in production, that unit is HUGE and drops the rear view mirror much lower.

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hope its not like that in production, that unit is HUGE and drops the rear view mirror much lower.
It looks to me like they used an image of the ACC sensor unit rendered from a higher angle looking down, creating an illusion that it’s bigger and the mirror is lower than they actually are. If the mirror is actually that low with ACC I’ll eat my hat… and potentially not order one.
Hopefully they’ll correct this before it becomes a non-preliminary build tool.

Sponsored

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
I just built what I want off the link you shared for the 2019. The shifter is noticably MISSING. I think its just an error on their modeling, I didn't notice any new knobs on the dash when comparing it to the identical build of a 2018 (minus the Adv Safety). It does have the ACC controls on the wheel nxt to the CC buttons. Everything else looks very similar with only a few things 'off' but I'm chalking that up to whatever they used to render the image as well.
Shifter.jpg
You're right... just a modeling error.

The image of the shifter is one of the 'changeable' items that gets swapped out in the view, depending on if you are building an auto or a manual. Clearly that shifter image failed to load.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
It looks to me like they used an image of the ACC sensor unit rendered from a higher angle looking down, creating an illusion that it’s bigger and the mirror is lower than they actually are. If the mirror is actually that low with ACC I’ll eat my hat… and potentially not order one.
Hopefully they’ll correct this before it becomes a non-preliminary build tool.
Agreed -- ACC sensor size is probably overrepresented due to an inaccurate still photo angle. I highly doubt they could get away with mounting the rear view mirror dead center in the vertical middle of the windshield, as it is shown positioned in those shots.

Even *if* the ACC box was that large, why mount the RVM so low, making it look even LARGER, and having the spare tire block even more of the rear view than it currently does?

mizzoujake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2dr, 2015 Grand Cherokee Altitude
Wow that takes up a lot of realestate above the mirror, huh? I noticed you can build a 2019 but still cant search inventory for a 2019

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
Are the ACC sensors on the mirror, cameras or radar?

If cameras, be careful. Sun glare can totally wipe out the sensors. About a year ago, a driver in Florida set his Tesla to self-driving, while playing with his iPhone. A white semi crossed the highway and the glare shut down the Tesla's camera and he T-boned the semi.
I own several cars that have ACC using radar...absolutely no problem with sun glare.

Kent5

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ Sport
Occupation
Tech
Are the ACC sensors on the mirror, cameras or radar?

If cameras, be careful. Sun glare can totally wipe out the sensors. About a year ago, a driver in Florida set his Tesla to self-driving, while playing with his iPhone. A white semi crossed the highway and the glare shut down the Tesla's camera and he T-boned the semi.
No sympathy for that guy -- Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Fully autonomous driving is still like 4 years away, according to Tesla press releases made last year. I don't remember the details of that accident -- hopefully, that idiot didn't hurt anyone else.

Still, I'm pretty amazed that Tesla hasn't been litigated into the Dark Ages for implying that you can set "self-driving" mode and then take a nap.
Sponsored