Artenen

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I got to see this for the first time today. Man that box it big.

Sponsored

piloto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3S2000944S
Hi, new here.

Bumping a month old thread.

I think the main reason the Wrangler's ACC, even on the auto doesn't hold the brakes past 2 seconds is due to the Wrangler lacking an electronic emergency/parking brake.

Typically, most systems that have stop and go rely on the emergency/parking brake to hold the vehicle past the 2-3 second point. That's why the Cherokee is able to do that, whereas the Wrangler doesn't.

The concern I have is that many won't read the manual, and if they're accustomed to other vehicles that do hold the car beyond 2-3 seconds, then it's going to come as a surprise to them as to why the car suddenly jerks forward in traffic.

Nevertheless, I think it's awesome that this feature is available on something as competent as a Wrangler, and it's at a rather affordable price.

SnowDog

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does anyone know if ACC can be retrofitted to an '18? Obviously a new windshield and other parts would be needed, but I'm just curious if anyone knows if it can be done.

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
What does ACC w/ STOP/Collision Avoidance do on a manual when an emergent full stop is needed? If I'm in 6th, and don't engage the clutch, will it bring it to the point of stalling? I don't plan on doing that, but I'm curious how it would handle such a situation.

Sponsored

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
The NHTSC says that there has been a 47% increase in pedestrian deaths during the last 5 years. They are pushing to have pedestrian detection/auto stop a mandatory feature on new vehicles. One reason for more accidents may be distracted driving/walking. How many pedestrians have you seen walking while on their phones and/or with ear plugs.
Where did you read this?
I have not personally read the numbers, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of the study. However, as a Critical Care nurse who works in a Level I Trauma Center in Downtown Columbus, I can certainly tell you, anecdotally, we see waaaaay more Pedestrians vs Whatever (cars, trucks, bikes, motorcycles, squirrels...) than we ever used to. Some are nothing, but some are totally fucked up. Add this into the distracted driving increase and the encounters have skyrocketed.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Probably. Can't drive that car hard anywhere but a road course, and track time is very, very expensive. I am putting 16-20k miles per year on it daily driving. It's fun, I ran a 3.2s 0-60 and 11.7s 1/4 after new tires and wheels, and it hauls on road courses. It has a lot of utility for a sports car, but that means almost no utility. ;)

Every track session costs $500+ when you factor in brakes and tires. I end up getting out once every couple of months at most. So, while I enjoy DDing the car and listening to the exhaust, I can't really do much with it on the street, it's just too fast. Any more than slight throttle and the speed limit is well broken before you know it. Coupled with the lack of utility, it just doesn't make sense. I don't have room for multiple cars for myself, so it's likely I will trade it in.
I hate to hear and see this, but this was me a couple months ago when my JLUR arrived. I sold my baby, a 2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible, my heart is broken :brokenhearted:. It put down 643hp and 609 ft lbs to the wheels on pump gas, fastest 1/4 run 10.7. It was to fast for the street and I never drove it, cars that sit tend to rot and I couldn’t fathom the though of DD such a low mile beauty so she had to go!!
Sponsored