First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Right. "With stop" is what they call it.
Is ACC really available from anyone without stop and go?
Unfortunately, it is. I don't have stop and go on my 2018 Raptor. Didn't realize it till I bought it.
Sponsored

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
'W/ STOP' isn't the same thing as 'STOP AND GO'. ACC in the Wrangler will bring the vehicle to a stop, but not then accelerate from a stop to follow traffic. FCA specifically lists 'STOP AND GO' under their safety group for other vehicles, but not the 2019 Wrangler:

https://www.jeep.com/build.wrangler...TDA,WHG,T7,ALP,AJ1,DLK,SDU,UAG,X9,PAU,24G,APA
Really confusing. Does stop and go auto-resume instead of pushing a button after full stop or something? I'm not sure I understand the distinction. Thanks.

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
Subaru is stop only
My 2015 Outback would stop fully, and you just hit a button or touched throttle and it would resume. I thought that was what stop and go was. Still was a huge stress reducer in bad traffic. If that's what the Wrangler has, I won't complain too much.

MushMouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL hopeful
My 2015 Outback would stop fully, and you just hit a button or touched throttle and it would resume. I thought that was what stop and go was. Still was a huge stress reducer in bad traffic. If that's what the Wrangler has, I won't complain too much.
Fair - you have to hit the gas to get the Subaru moving, and it will then resume.

But true stop and go doesn't require any driver interaction. Your vehicle stops and moves forward to keep pace with the vehicle in front, all on its own.

I find that to be more relaxing in traffic than the Subaru model.

But I suppose ACC with stop is better than nothing.

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
With the high crack rate of Wrangler's windshield, and in general the unreliability of electronic component in a Jeep, I will avoid this option. Besides, I tried it with multiple cars and it just did not grow in me. Adaptive cruise control? I still have to steer so I will buy the full autonomous car next round. Right now, thanks!

OP
OP
Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Exactly the reason for this thread, FCA uses a lot of different descriptors for these safety features, and it is hard to find out for sure what we are getting with ALP/advanced safety group. I haven't found anyway to decode those feature detail codes listed under ALP. It says ACC with stop, and it also says enhanced ACC. And it says advanced brake assist as well as full speed forward collision warning plus. We just don't know exactly how those features actually work, what they can do and what they can't. But we should find out pretty soon with the 2019s now being delivered.

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Not to go off topic but a Jeep from a performance car is something I don't plan on doing again. Meaning, my Jeep I am going to have for awhile as opposed to buying a new car every year or two. I've had multiple Jeeps and multiple fast vehicles and mirror both your sentiments. Two of the biggest things I absolutely love about Jeeps is you are no longer in a rush to get every where. For some reason I feel like I constantly have to go fast just because my vehicle can. There is a lot of freedom with Jeeps. Another thing is I constantly worry about door dings and everything else. Heck we had snow just recently and I was not looking forward to driving in it. In a Jeep, its all Lets Go!! I never once worried about that with my Jeep. Can't wait until mine gets out of I status and lands. I miss the freedom of a Jeep big time.
It will be my first Jeep ever. Looking forward to it for some reason. May friends can't believe that I'm not buying another performance car. :)

Ps; I had a CLA45 before my C43 AMG

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It will be my first Jeep ever. Looking forward to it for some reason. May friends can't believe that I'm not buying another performance car. :)

Ps; I had a CLA45 before my C43 AMG
I think you’ll like it a lot. I wished I wouldn’t have gotten rid of my last Jeep. I bounce around every year or so but there is something about a Jeep. You’ll miss the speed for sure at times but I still think there is a mindset change and the open air experience is crazy awesome. I remember the first time I got caught in a crazy storm, no top or doors. People may have been laughing but I was having a blast.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Exactly the reason for this thread, FCA uses a lot of different descriptors for these safety features, and it is hard to find out for sure what we are getting with ALP/advanced safety group. I haven't found anyway to decode those feature detail codes listed under ALP. It says ACC with stop, and it also says enhanced ACC. And it says advanced brake assist as well as full speed forward collision warning plus. We just don't know exactly how those features actually work, what they can do and what they can't. But we should find out pretty soon with the 2019s now being delivered.
It is a different system in the manual transmission vs the automatic, which is why there are 2 different descriptions.

tylercranston

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

https://www.jeep.com/build.wrangler...DEM,TQJ,WD2,A7,DLK,Z1A,SDA,UAA,X9,PRC,23B,APA

Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision Warning

$795

• Adaptive Cruise Control[1] and Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking[2]—two advanced safety and security features—are packaged together for added value. Adaptive Cruise Control uses sensors to detect objects in its path. If the lane ahead is clear the set speed is maintained. When slower traffic is detected, the system will automatically adjust to a pre-selected distance using throttle control and braking. Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking notifies the driver with visual and audible alerts when it senses a potential frontal impact. If the driver does not respond, and the risk of a collision continues, the brakes can activate automatically and bring the vehicle to a full stop.

1. Adaptive Cruise Control is a driver's convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use the brakes to avoid collisions.

2. This system is an alert system for the front of the vehicle. It is not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use brakes to avoid collisions.
INCLUDES:

Advanced Brake Assist
Advanced Brake Assist applies maximum braking power in emergency situations.

Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus
Full-Speed Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking[1] readies the brakes and notifies you with visual and audible alerts when it senses a potential frontal impact. If you don't respond, and the risk of a collision continues, the brakes can bring the vehicle to a full stop.

1. This system is an alert system for the front of the vehicle. It is not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use brakes to avoid collisions.

Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Stop[1] uses sensors to detect objects in its path. If the lane ahead is clear, the set speed is maintained. When slower traffic is detected, the system will automatically adjust to a pre-selected distance using throttle control and limited braking. ACC with Stop will bring the vehicle to a full stop if necessary.

1. This system is a driver's convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use the brakes to avoid collisions.

Enhanced Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive Cruise Control[1] for the six-speed manual transmission uses sensors to detect vehicles ahead and automatically adjusts your vehicle's cruising speed to maintain a preset distance. It allows speed control to remain engaged without the need for constant adjustments based on traffic flow.

1. Adaptive Cruise Control is a driver's convenience system, not a substitute for active driver involvement. The driver must remain aware of traffic conditions and be prepared to use the brakes to avoid collisions.

OP
OP
Akbill

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
That helps a lot. Thanks. Doesn’t sound like stop and go then.