Sponsored

Adams Automotive and the missing "glob of solder" (rear defroster)

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
I was just saying the same thing. I think service techs get acting lessons on how to properly act dumb.

"Vague steering? Broken defroster? Hmm... those are brand new complaints that I definitely do NOT hear three times a day."

1vjavd.jpg
LOL no kidding
Sponsored

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Be sure to mention conductive epoxy.
best of luck!
Thanks for the tip, my appointment is tomorrow. I'll try and see if I can convince them to just sand the area, then try to use that epoxy you mentioned. I bet they rushed the install, and didnt give it time to properly cure. Also its been averaging -10c up here, so when I remote start the rear defrost turns on automatically. I have a feeling that because it didnt cure properly, combine with the fact they warmed my JL, before I picked her up. It screwed up the process, and the bond weak.

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So they used conductive epoxy and ordered me new defogger parts and a new window in case the epoxy doesnt work
Sponsored