Sponsored

Actual Height of JLUR?

jred321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Has anyone actually measured their JLUR? Parking at my company works based on seniority, and the best garage is also the shortest. The entrance signs say 6'4". I just got my upgrade offer to park in the good garage. My JK fit but didn't leave me feeling great in terms of clearance. Would a JLUR fit, and how much buffer would I have just in case those measurements aren't 100% accurate?
Sponsored

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Stock height of the Rubicon is 6'2" I believe, depending on hard top v soft top. I have a Sport S with a 2.5in lift and 35in tires and I barely fit inside my 6'6" parking garage with less than an inch to spare

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Has anyone actually measured their JLUR? Parking at my company works based on seniority, and the best garage is also the shortest. The entrance signs say 6'4". I just got my upgrade offer to park in the good garage. My JK fit but didn't leave me feeling great in terms of clearance. Would a JLUR fit, and how much buffer would I have just in case those measurements aren't 100% accurate?
You *should* be fine if you're stock height/tires. Best way to be sure is to go in on a weekend with the soft top up (the tallest configuration) and see if you hit anything. Obviously driving slowly under any low points. In my wife's work garage that has a 6'2" clearance, there is only one place I found where the JLUR will very gently brush.

On a related note, am I the only idiot who ducks their head driving in a low garage? As if that will help.

KPersCO

First Name
KP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon, '13 WRX Wagon
Occupation
Engineer
Hard top or soft top will more than likely be the determining factor. My garage at home only has 75" of clearance, thanks to a old one piece shin kicker door, and my JLR with a hard top just clears with probably less then an inch. It's almost the exact same height as my previous JKU which had a leveling kit and 33s. Mine is only a two door and I don't have any steel bumpers so depending on options the height will vary slightly. But to answer your question with 76" of clearance I would guess you buffer is going to between 1-2"

Looking at jeeps of similar setups sitting right next to each other in dealer lots you can see how much higher the soft tops are.

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Sounds like an obvious excuse for an air up/down system.

OP
OP

jred321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks everyone. Went out and measured last night and with the hard top on it looks like closer to 73". Tough to get exact with just a tape measure and me being less than 6' tall. But I think I'm good! At least with the hard top - I assume the soft top will bump it up a bit but not enough that I should hit. Hopefully. Good parking here I come!
Sponsored