DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
We did a test drive today and had no luck finding a noise cancellation setting. A look at the online Owners Manual also failed to show anything under noise cancellation. Wranglers need this technology -- could be a huge disappointment...
I'm betting it is there, and is either always on, or the hardware is there, but it needs an update to activate it. They certainly intended it when the first manual was released.
Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I'm betting it is there, and is either always on, or the hardware is there, but it needs an update to activate it. They certainly intended it when the first manual was released.
I spoke to my dealer today. The system has no control feature. It's always on : it's happening, all the time. The sensors or what ever they are called are located in the sound bar far left and far right. I thought they were the Bluetooth mics lol. He said "no" that was ANC!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I spoke to my dealer today. The system has no control feature. It's always on : it's happening, all the time. The sensors or what ever they are called are located in the sound bar far left and far right. I thought they were the Bluetooth mics lol. He said "no" that was ANC!
It's Not connected to U-Connect.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm good with that. I have no idea why I would ever want it off.

Sponsored

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
I think that most if not all ANC systems work the same way...always active microphones connected to the amplifier/speakers.
My Mustang convertible's ANC is always on. It tends to diminish low notes that are repetitive (noise). It most effective in reducing
engine and exhaust noise. Open the windows and there is not noticeable quieting...only when the top is up and windows completely shut.

domleeds1919

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero; soon to be JLU owner!
cool feature! definitely overlooked this. as others have said, ANC combined with the headliner for hard tops should definitely help reduce noise.

desertbuzz

First Name
Abbas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
cool feature! definitely overlooked this. as others have said, ANC combined with the headliner for hard tops should definitely help reduce noise.
I agree about it definitely being overlooked. We're all focusing / nitpicking / obsessing about the more "tangible" features. Yet, I see the addition of ANC in the Wrangler as being a potentially "BIG" thing (if done right).
My 2012 JK is my daily driver, hence we cover a lot of paved road together... A working ANC system would be a VERY welcome addition on those long road trips. Maybe JEEP should do a demo.

ieatcats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punkn JLUR
I couldn't find this question answered anywhere, but is ANC standard if you get the upgraded infotainment (7 inch or 8.4 inch) OR the alpine upgrade, or do you have to get both upgrades (infotainment AND alpine)? The original post didn't make it clear. I checked the jeep online build tool, but it doesn't give any help either

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't find this question answered anywhere, but is ANC standard if you get the upgraded infotainment (7 inch or 8.4 inch) OR the alpine upgrade, or do you have to get both upgrades (infotainment AND alpine)? The original post didn't make it clear. I checked the jeep online build tool, but it doesn't give any help either
On the Jeep website, it's listed under Features, Interior, about 1/2 way down the page.
It seems to only be in the Alpine Package, and not dependent on any specific Infotainment system. It also includes a special laminated windshield (one that I hope is more resistant to rock impacts than the JK. ;))

BREAK THE SOUND BARRIER
The All-New Wrangler offers an available Alpine® Premium Audio System with a 552-watt 12-channel amplifier, eight speakers and a rear subwoofer. The system is enhanced by active noise cancellation and acoustic laminated windshield glass.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Interior-Premium-Audio-img.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I remember the dealer saying something about sound proof or deading glass or acoustic glass or something like that.

desertbuzz

First Name
Abbas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
On the Jeep website, it's listed under Features, Interior, about 1/2 way down the page.
It seems to only be in the Alpine Package, and not dependent on any specific Infotainment system. It also includes a special laminated windshield (one that I hope is more resistant to rock impacts than the JK. ;))

BREAK THE SOUND BARRIER
The All-New Wrangler offers an available Alpine® Premium Audio System with a 552-watt 12-channel amplifier, eight speakers and a rear subwoofer. The system is enhanced by active noise cancellation and acoustic laminated windshield glass.

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Interior-Premium-Audio-img.jpg.image.1440.jpg
GREAT FIND !!! :clap: :fist bump:
Now we need to know more !
Is the Glass different than non Alpine equipped JLs ?
Real life comparison / Db measurements etc...etc...

JNL111

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL RUBICON
You have to wonder if it would really be effective with the top down. Our truck has 'noise cancelling' tech which is probably the same as what will come with the Wrangler. In the truck it is totally seamless and I think it makes some difference as the truck is very quiet inside but at what point will it be overwhelmed by outside noise.
I can at least say that the incar mic for hands free calls works great with the top off, I could hear and be heard easily with the top off on the interstate. I could hardly even talk to a passenger in my TJ, I still loved it though.
Sponsored