Sponsored

Active Noise Control (Cancellation) feature comes to Jeep Wrangler JL

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
It seems like ANC is only on the turbo if the Jeep.com inventory vehicle details page is correct.

Turbo with Infotainment/Alpine:
  • Electronic Infotainment System Group $1,495
  • Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display
  • GPS Navigation
  • Alpine® Premium Audio System
  • Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
  • Roadside Assistance and 9-1-1 Call
  • HD Radio®
  • 1-Year SiriusXM® Guardian Service
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Traffic Service
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Travel Link Service
  • SiriusXM® Traffic Plus
  • Active Noise-Control System
V6 with Infotainment/Alpine:
  • Electronic Infotainment System Group $1,495
  • Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-Inch Display
  • GPS Navigation
  • Alpine® Premium Audio System
  • Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
  • Roadside Assistance and 9-1-1 Call
  • HD Radio®
  • 1-Year SiriusXM® Guardian Service
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Traffic Service
  • 5-Year SiriusXM® Travel Link Service
  • SiriusXM® Traffic Plus
  • For Details, Visit www.DriveUconnect.com
Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
If some are worried about noise in a Wrangler, then they'll be very disappointed when they get one. I'd recommend the Grand Cherokee for those folks, active noise reduction, or not. I still think all it will do is cancel out or reduce very specific NVH unique to the 4 cylinder. It simply will not quiet down a vehicle with the doors/top off. That's a very, very tall order.

I think the reality is that it will make the Jeep feel smoother, but not necessarily quieter, but that is still a good thing.
With all the road noise, tire noise, wind hitting a brick at 70 mph noise, I can’t imagjne the 4 cylinder itself is so horrendous that Jeep finally drew the line and offered up the sound canceling technology they’ve had since at least 6 years ago.

kirbyx

First Name
Oot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2018 JL
Yikes!...
When the acoustic windshield breaks (which it will, eventually), how much does it cost to replace! Argh!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yikes!...
When the acoustic windshield breaks (which it will, eventually), how much does it cost to replace! Argh!
$900 at Safe-lite and about $950 if you have them come to you. I'm still walking bow legged after replacing mine.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Yikes!...
Nothing if you live in South Carolina or Florida.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing if you live in South Carolina or Florida.
no "full glass" coverage?
Sure, you can buy that, but I chose to have a $1,000 deductible, so I pay a little less on my premiums, but if I lose a windshield, it comes out of my pocket. I've been fortunate to only have to replace one windshield in my 33 years of driving, prior to my JL. It was on my JK. That one only cost me around 200 bucks.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Sure, you can buy that, but I chose to have a $1,000 deductible, so I pay a little less on my premiums, but if I lose a windshield, it comes out of my pocket. I've been fortunate to only have to replace one windshield in my 33 years of driving, prior to my JL. It was on my JK. That one only cost me around 200 bucks.
I plan to put glass protection on my windshield. Not insurance, but the protective film.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
In Florida and South Carolina at least, there is no deductible. I get a new Jeep windshield like once a year.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In Florida and South Carolina at least, there is no deductible. I get a new Jeep windshield like once a year.
Nothing is free. The premiums would be higher without the deductible. In states where windshields are required to be fully covered, the insurance companies have higher premiums to cover it. It all evens out. They don't give anybody something for nothing. If I don't break anymore windshields or maybe one or two in my remaining years of life, I'll come out a little ahead. If I break more, I'll either break even or lose out. It is all a gamble.

Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Nothing is free. The premiums would be higher without the deductible. In states where windshields are required to be fully covered, the insurance companies have higher premiums to cover it. It all evens out. They don't give anybody something for nothing. If I don't break anymore windshields or maybe one or two in my remaining years of life, I'll come out a little ahead. If I break more, I'll either break even or lose out. It is all a gamble.
No it’s free. If I get one windshield or 100, it’s the same price. My insurance is very affordable and my taxes are minimal. If you don’t have a Jeep and never have a damaged windshield you’re subsidizing my chronic windshield replacements. It’s not a fair world.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No it’s free. If I get one windshield or 100, it’s the same price. My insurance is very affordable and my taxes are minimal. If you don’t have a Jeep and never have a damaged windshield you’re subsidizing my chronic windshield replacements. It’s not a fair world.
Not really. If I move to your state and stay with my insurance company, I guarantee you my premium will go up because of the coverage for windshields. It might not be much, but it will go up. They aren't in business to give people free coverage. Their premium schedules are very complex equations that account for states that require it. Conversely, if you moved to Indiana, and eliminated that coverage, your premium would be adjusted. It isn't a simple formula, but it guarantees a minimum profit margin for them, based upon risk. Enjoy it, though. When my windshield broke, I wished I didn't have the deductible, even though I'm still ahead from the savings over many years. It wasn't fun having to fork over the money for the new one, all at once.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Not really. If I move to your state and stay with my insurance company, I guarantee you my premium will go up because of the coverage for windshields. It might not be much, but it will go up. They aren't in business to give people free coverage. Their premium schedules are very complex equations that account for states that require it. Conversely, if you moved to Indiana, and eliminated that coverage, your premium would be adjusted. It isn't a simple formula, but it guarantees a minimum profit margin for them, based upon risk. Enjoy it, though. When my windshield broke, I wished I didn't have the deductible, even though I'm still ahead from the savings over many years. It wasn't fun having to fork over the money for the new one, all at once.
Not true at all. In a perfect world maybe, but the states with the most expensive car insurance is not South Carolina nor Florida (despite the hurricanes). Sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear. It’s not that simple. Either way, I’d never consider not getting a feature due to potential windshield replacements as that’s a sink cost regardless of how you look at it. Florida and South Carolina are not the only states that do this, it’s just the only states I’ve lived in.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not true at all. In a perfect world maybe, but the states with the most expensive car insurance is not South Carolina nor Florida (despite the hurricanes). Sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear. It’s not that simple. Either way, I’d never consider not getting a feature due to potential windshield replacements as that’s a sink cost regardless of how you look at it. Florida and South Carolina are not the only states that do this, it’s just the only states I’ve lived in.
You still didn't see what I'm saying. This isn't the only variable. By itself, it would be obvious. However, the complexity involves many other variables. For example, It is MUCH cheaper to get the same coverage for the same driver in Indiana vs. Florida. The mandatory windshield coverage has little to do with it. Other variables trump that, by far. What I'm saying is that all things equal, which they are not, premiums are higher with zero deductible on windshields vs. a $1k deductible. The insurance company knows all the variables. We don't. So, they adjust accordingly, making sure they meet the minimum profit margin they seek. It is NOT apples to apples, so you just can't compare the numbers directly. You'd fail business 101 if you think you are really getting something for free. If it is cheaper for you, then stop and thank all the other drivers in your state for lowering your insurance company's claims payouts.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
You still didn't see what I'm saying. This isn't the only variable. By itself, it would be obvious. However, the complexity involves many other variables. For example, It is MUCH cheaper to get the same coverage for the same driver in Indiana vs. Florida. The mandatory windshield coverage has little to do with it. Other variables trump that, by far. What I'm saying is that all things equal, which they are not, premiums are higher with zero deductible on windshields vs. a $1k deductible. The insurance company knows all the variables. We don't. So, they adjust accordingly, making sure they meet the minimum profit margin they seek. It is NOT apples to apples, so you just can't compare the numbers directly. You'd fail business 101 if you think you are really getting something for free. If it is cheaper for you, then stop and thank all the other drivers in your state for lowering your insurance company's claims payouts.
I don’t live in Indiana. I live in South Carolina and my windshields are free. If I never got another windshield I’d be losing money because my Insurance is the same either way. Some states’ insurance cost more than others but that isn’t my problem if they are. I’ve never considered windshield cost and I never will. So yes, it’s free.
Sponsored