Sponsored

Ace vs Barricade sliders for preventing rock chips

Taylor13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Jl Rubicon
I was wondering if anyone had any input. I've got a Jl 4dr Rubicon andIm looking at one or the other, and I plan on keeping the rubi rails. I've already installed weathertech splash guards on the front, but I'm still getting some mud and rocks thrown up on the bottom of the rear fender. Do ethier slider offer enough protection to catch what the weathertech is missing? I've noticed that the barricade is like 1in short in how far it comes out form from door. Any personal experience with one or the other and why one would prefer one over the other? Appreciate the help.
Sponsored

cs2k

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Engineer
I don't think either rock sliders will help with body protection from rocks being flung up. Your best bet is to put a strip of 3M PPF on the lower rockers.

The Barricade is pretty much a Chinese clone of the ACE for half the price. A buddy has it and it seems well made.

OP
OP

Taylor13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think either rock sliders will help with body protection from rocks being flung up. Your best bet is to put a strip of 3M PPF on the lower rockers.

The Barricade is pretty much a Chinese clone of the ACE for half the price. A buddy has it and it seems well made.

Thanks for the replay. $400 for the Barricade is a way better price than $900 but it all comes down to what works best. I saw a forum we're a guy took wire mess and cut it and screwed it down over the Ace slidders and it looked quite nice. It would probably keep the rocks down.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Thanks for the replay. $400 for the Barricade is a way better price than $900 but it all comes down to what works best. I saw a forum we're a guy took wire mess and cut it and screwed it down over the Ace slidders and it looked quite nice. It would probably keep the rocks down.
Several companies make a slider that has a step on the top of it. I know LOD and TNT customs make one. I had ACE sliders on my jk and while they were solid as rock sliders they didn't stop a lot of rocks but they weren't on there for that.

OP
OP

Taylor13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several companies make a slider that has a step on the top of it. I know LOD and TNT customs make one. I had ACE sliders on my jk and while they were solid as rock sliders they didn't stop a lot of rocks but they weren't on there for that.

Thing is I'm wanting to keep my rubi rails so It's seeming like Barricade or Ace are my only options. I've got painted fender and I'm fixing to have the paint chips touched up. I put front weathertech splash guards on so my hinges are in the clear now. But I'm still hearing rocks bounce off my rear fenders so I was hoping a set of barricades or ace sliders would fill the gap.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Thing is I'm wanting to keep my rubi rails so It's seeming like Barricade or Ace are my only options. I've got painted fender and I'm fixing to have the paint chips touched up. I put front weathertech splash guards on so my hinges are in the clear now. But I'm still hearing rocks bounce off my rear fenders so I was hoping a set of barricades or ace sliders would fill the gap.
Given those two I'd pick ace. Barricade is cheaper for a reason and made in China. I don't trust any of the made in China brands to hold up like a piece from a us company engineered to take the abuse. Last jamboree I was on I saw a set literally bend as they drove over a rock and the rock put a hole in the side of the jeep.

If you keep the factory rails you likely won't be able to add much of a step just something to keep in mind.
Sponsored