ACE Slider Install - Hints from fellow JL/JLU Owner's

Captainkyle85

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you ever get your problem resolved? I'm curious if grinding the welds might resolve the issue.
I tried another set and even tried to modify my originals. No luck. Going with a different brand.
Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
I tried another set and even tried to modify my originals. No luck. Going with a different brand.
So the grinding of the welds did not solve the problem? I'm probably going to go with a different brand eventually as well.

Captainkyle85

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So the grinding of the welds did not solve the problem? I'm probably going to go with a different brand eventually as well.
It didn’t solve the problem for me. Others might have success though.

ADR1RU

First Name
A.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to report that I installed my ACE Rock Sliders yesterday onto my JLU Rubicon. All went well on the passenger's side, however while the rear two bolts were threaded all-the-way to the tip of the bolt, the frontmost bolt was not threaded to the tip. As such, when chasing the threads with a die (to clean out any locktite) I could not get the die to start. A short trip to the vise and using a file, I managed to angle the tip of the bolt so I could chase the threads with a die.

On the driver's side I found the same anomaly with the frontmost bolt, but managed to get the die started to clean out it's threads without having to use a file.(i.e. While the threads did not go to the tip of the bolt, it was slightly angled on the end to allow the die to start.)

One tip: If you are using an electric impact to remove the bolts, the serrated keeper washers may come out with the bolts upon removal. On the passenger's side, two of them came out and it made reinstalling the bolts much easier. On the driver's side, only one of the serrated keeper washers came out. HINT: Look up into the holes with a flashlight, before replacing the bolts...as I found two of the mangled serrated keeper washers lodged in the bore of the hole. I simply pulled them on out, by using a pair of forceps.

As for interference with the original/stock rock sliders, I had none. While one cross bar just touches (i.e. a sheet of paper will not slide in-between them), when I stand on the rock slider the paper will slide in/out.

Anyway, all went fine. Thanxx to the original poster for some good information and tips!

AstroDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davescosmos.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just finally had mine installed... Given what others have experienced I asked my friendly neighborhood body shop to install them. They had no issues. Took them maybe 30m...

Sponsored

damageinc619

First Name
Edgar Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU; 2002 Lexus IS300 Sportcross
Anyone know the dimensions/specs on the front body bolt (2018JLU)? So I can replace it after I get the damn thing out/extracted? Thanks!

MFoote

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Installed mine today. Front passenger bolt was tight so I used a 18" breaker bar and reinserted occasionally. The other 5 came out with a 12" long ratchet with little resistance. '19 JLUR.

NSinclair

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlur
I installed a set today on my JLUR, my left rubi rail touches the center of the slider, and makes an audible clunk if you push and pull on the slider. The square face of the mounts of the slider that goes against the Jeep doesn't even seem like it touches anything but the small rubber isolators. Doesn't make sense to me how that's sturdy, it seems like the bolt is taking all the force. They look to be sitting where they're supposed to be but doesn't make sense to me. I've tried adjusting the rubi rails, loosened all the bolts, and pushed up on it, and as you tighten everything back up it just shifts to where it was. Not super happy, should have went LOD

IMG_20190930_125157.jpg

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
I installed a set today on my JLUR, my left rubi rail touches the center of the slider, and makes an audible clunk if you push and pull on the slider. The square face of the mounts of the slider that goes against the Jeep doesn't even seem like it touches anything but the small rubber isolators. Doesn't make sense to me how that's sturdy, it seems like the bolt is taking all the force. They look to be sitting where they're supposed to be but doesn't make sense to me. I've tried adjusting the rubi rails, loosened all the bolts, and pushed up on it, and as you tighten everything back up it just shifts to where it was. Not super happy, should have went LOD

IMG_20190930_125157.jpg
If possible, please give us a call on this and ask for AJ. He'll be happy to help you out with this. 586-785-3939.

Thank you,

ACE

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Does anyone have written instructions to install on top of the Rubi rails? I want my mechanic to install them.

Sponsored

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have written instructions to install on top of the Rubi rails? I want my mechanic to install them.
1. Remove 3 body mount bolts on side of Jeep.
2. Put Rock Sliders into place.
3. Install Rock Sliders with factory body mount bolts.
4. Torque all bolts to 80 ft lbs.
5. Repeat on other side.

Thank you,

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Is it possible to cut a slot into the front mounting point so you don't have to lower the bolt that is prone to break all the way and just slide in the mount?

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it possible to cut a slot into the front mounting point so you don't have to lower the bolt that is prone to break all the way and just slide in the mount?
It's not something we would recommend. We've installed 100s of these without breaking any bolts. If you just take it slow you shouldn't have a problem.

Thank you,

Oysters

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Ice Sculptures and Oysters
Love these sliders, well made, .......Nice job ACE!!!! Used a torch and a breaker bar, made sure to keep socket and exstension directly beneath bolt... took forever... got all 6 bolts out.. took 2 hours to install Ace Rock Sliders. Front two bolts red loctite, both middle and rear had blue loctite 2019 JLU

15736153867659221310627212677296.jpg

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. Placed my order but now having second thoughts. Anyone have issues with the Ace Sliders damaging the body with the way they are mounted? I plan to use them for what they are meant to do.
Sponsored