ACE Slider Install - Hints from fellow JL/JLU Owner's

Zekes69

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu rubicon
My mechanic tried installing my ace sliders and they rub on the rails, we tried loosening and moving the rails with no luck. They rub on the fold on the bottom of the rubi rail. I’m hoping there is a fix for this!!!! Is the factory bolts long enough to add a spacer to get the ace sliders lower? Any ideas would be great

4D738B80-4F58-4082-A8B6-8704DD371D18.jpeg

5E79CFAD-D2DF-4091-9861-1F3363E364AF.jpeg
Sponsored

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
My mechanic tried installing my ace sliders and they rub on the rails, we tried loosening and moving the rails with no luck. They rub on the fold on the bottom of the rubi rail. I’m hoping there is a fix for this!!!! Is the factory bolts long enough to add a spacer to get the ace sliders lower? Any ideas would be great

Did we speak on the phone today regarding this issue? If so, the Rubi Rail adjustment is the first thing to check, but we'll be happy to work further with you to get this resolved. Our Production Supervisor is out tomorrow, but if you could give us a call on Friday ww will be happy to see what we can do to get this fixed for you.

Thank you,
Nick Ellis
ACE Engineering
586-785-3939

Zekes69

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu rubicon
Did we speak on the phone today regarding this issue? If so, the Rubi Rail adjustment is the first thing to check, but we'll be happy to work further with you to get this resolved. Our Production Supervisor is out tomorrow, but if you could give us a call on Friday ww will be happy to see what we can do to get this fixed for you.

Thank you,
Nick Ellis
ACE Engineering
586-785-3939
Yeah it was me, I will try calling Friday

Supercharged

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Pontiac G8 GT, GMC Acadia

There is some adjustment in the rubi rails, try pushing them up tight to the rocker panel and see if that gets you enough clearance.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer

Several people have had this issue, including myself. Ace has said multiple times (in this thread) that it's not normal but I'm not aware of anyone who's resolved it, or had ACE resolve it. They initially said they'd work with me to resolve it but then started ignoring my emails and phone calls.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...fellow-jl-jlu-owners.4153/page-20#post-514287

I tried putting a 1/4" spacer I bought at Fastenal between the slider mount and frame but it didn't solve the issue either. ACE has asked me to provide photographs but as I explained to them, and as I'm sure you found out, it's next to impossible to photograph the contact points between the slider and the Rubi rails. This is the best I could do with the slider bolts loosened. I only have this issue on the driver side.

20181002_085647.jpg

20181002_085706.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kenny121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For what it’s worth.....

My dealer had the same issue.

With a buddy, I loosened all rubi rail bolts and pushed up like I was doing a bench press as he re-tightened.

Afterwards the rails went on fine. BARELY any clearance but they made it.

Hope that helps.

Zekes69

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu rubicon

Thank you,
Nick Ellis
ACE Engineering
586-785-3939
Yeah it was me,
For what it’s worth.....

My dealer had the same issue.

With a buddy, I loosened all rubi rail bolts and pushed up like I was doing a bench press as he re-tightened.

Afterwards the rails went on fine. BARELY any clearance but they made it.

Hope that helps.
Yeah my mechanic tried that. I guess they are built for maximum ground clearance, this set definitely rubs after adjustment. Hopefully we can get it resolved. I actually don’t give a crap about ground clearance as this will never be used as a rock rail lol

Captainkyle85

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@ACE Engineering I also have the same issue. My passenger slider comes in contact with the Rubi rail and pushes it towards the body. I can fit a piece of paper through but if I lift up on the slider it will actually pinch the paper between the slider and body. Very concerned that if I actually us this as a rock slider it will damage my Jeeps body. Is there a resolution?

Zekes69

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu rubicon
@ACE Engineering I also have the same issue. My passenger slider comes in contact with the Rubi rail and pushes it towards the body. I can fit a piece of paper through but if I lift up on the slider it will actually pinch the paper between the slider and body. Very concerned that if I actually us this as a rock slider it will damage my Jeeps body. Is there a resolution?
I got a phone call from aj at ace today, going to try a couple more things and see how it goes. The sliders are built with maximum ground clearance in mind and I’m sure Jeep isn’t precise with the manufacturing of rubirails.... I’m going to try a couple washers to slightly drop the sliders. He mentioned adjusting the rubirails and also the sliders have a little play in the mounting hole to slightly adjust.
And rave to ace for responding quickly to help resolve my issues, I will follow up after the install

Captainkyle85

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I spoke with AJ also and I tried every variation of adjustment of the rubi rails and the rock sliders last night and nothing worked. I don’t want to add washers because your decreasing the depth the body mount bolt threads in even more. They should not need additional washers as spacers.
We both agreed after speaking a bit speaking there might be too much bead on one of the welds causing it to push up on the rubi rail. He is going to get back to me Monday he said.

Sponsored

Captainkyle85

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have had several phone calls with Ace at this point and they have been extremely helpful for me. I will hopefully have my problems resolved soon.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
I have had several phone calls with Ace at this point and they have been extremely helpful for me. I will hopefully have my problems resolved soon.
Did you ever get your problem resolved? I'm curious if grinding the welds might resolve the issue.

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Anybody with these ace rock sliders how are they for a 5 year old getting in the back door of my Jeep Rubicon JL? They look like they narrow in at the back door? Just want to make sure their is enough step for her to use to get in.
Thanks

Supercharged

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Pontiac G8 GT, GMC Acadia
Anybody with these ace rock sliders how are they for a 5 year old getting in the back door of my Jeep Rubicon JL? They look like they narrow in at the back door? Just want to make sure their is enough step for her to use to get in.
Thanks
They should work fine, get one of those ropes for her too. My wife and son use them to get in and out.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Thanks
I have had the full weight of jeep on them many times. no issues, other than powered coat, some small dents. These things are solid.
Sponsored