ACE Slider Install - Hints from fellow JL/JLU Owner's

ketjupiter

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Rubicon, '21 Porsche Taycan 4s, '20 G550
The Rock Sliders lie below the pinch seam and the mounting arms actually extend under the body. The Rubi Rails help more with completing the look of the Jeep than providing a lot more pinch seam protection with our Sliders. Here's some images without Rubi Rails to give you a better idea.

Thank you.
ACEJLRS4DR-BB.jpg

ACEJLRS4DR-CC.jpg

ACEJLRS4DR-DD.jpg

ACEJLRS4DR-EE.jpg

ACEJLRS4DR-FF.jpg
I'm sorry about the delay, AJ has been tied up this week but he will contact you today to get this issue resolved.

Thank you,
@ACE Engineering - I just picked up a mojito rubicon JLU. really like the look of your rock sliders. what is the current wait time to ship to Florida? as well is there a current JLforum special? thanks in advance
Sponsored

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
@ACE Engineering - I just picked up a mojito rubicon JLU. really like the look of your rock sliders. what is the current wait time to ship to Florida? as well is there a current JLforum special? thanks in advance
Current lead time is 2-3 weeks. Please message us and we can get you your Forum Discount.

Thank you,

ACE

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Love the looks of these but I can’t get myself to chance the dreaded body mount bolt breaking. I wich ACE would redesign the mounts simular to LOD where you do not have to take the body mount bolts out.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting ready to buy these and I reached out to ACE through a PM. One question I had was can they really take a hit. He shared this video, proof enough for me. PM them if you are buying and they will give you a forum discount code. @ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
Love the looks of these but I can’t get myself to chance the dreaded body mount bolt breaking. I wich ACE would redesign the mounts simular to LOD where you do not have to take the body mount bolts out.
I understand your trepidation, but it's really not a big issue. We've sold thousands of these for the JK without issue, and we've sold hundreds of them for the JL. We've installed probably 30+ sets on JLs and have yet to encounter it.

In fact, we started videotaping the installs in hopes that we would find a tough bolt that gets locked up so we can show how to handle that, but we've been unable to come across one. In any event, we've put together this video to show the best way to remove these bolts - and we'll keep shooting the installs until we encounter a bolt that gets caught by the locktite. If you follow these steps you shouldn't have a problem.

Thank you,

Sponsored

jljeepster

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR Granite Gray
These look nice and I just bought a set to have installed in a few weeks. And in case anyone is interested, the ACE rock sliders are currently on sale for a pretty nice price.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
These look nice and I just bought a set to have installed in a few weeks. And in case anyone is interested, the ACE rock sliders are currently on sale for a pretty nice price.
WOOHOO!! Going to order them right now!!!!

Sponsored

Supercharged

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Pontiac G8 GT, GMC Acadia
Just ordered mine a little while ago!

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Even though I am now poor from ordering parts all the time for two Jeeps, I am happy. It's like I get to celebrate Christmas multiple times a year!!! :)

upload_2018-11-6_16-26-16.png

upload_2018-11-6_16-25-0.png

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I understand your trepidation, but it's really not a big issue. We've sold thousands of these for the JK without issue, and we've sold hundreds of them for the JL. We've installed probably 30+ sets on JLs and have yet to encounter it.

In fact, we started videotaping the installs in hopes that we would find a tough bolt that gets locked up so we can show how to handle that, but we've been unable to come across one. In any event, we've put together this video to show the best way to remove these bolts - and we'll keep shooting the installs until we encounter a bolt that gets caught by the locktite. If you follow these steps you shouldn't have a problem.

Thank you,
We’ve been following these for a while as we like the look of them. I’m doing so we’ve seen several install videos. I know the locktite is being a pain but I’m wondering if the installers are torquing the bolt which leads to snapping it off. With a 24’ breaker, unless you’re stabilizing the head of the wrench and keeping it stable I’m thinking that could cause some issues

Brett

heykoolaid3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Firecracker Red
I'm glad you were successful! Thanks for the added information. I was pinning my hopes on heating the bolts to melt the glue before using "brute force" to loosen them. I've been concerned about heating them too much so that I get metal on metal binding. My confidence on this install has dropped a bit after your post.
How much did it cost to have them install?
Sponsored