Sponsored

ACE Slider Install - Hints from fellow JL/JLU Owner's

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Well, I have now heard from each and every guy, that originally PM'd me about the first offering Ace sliders and how they were creaking... and no way to stop them from creaking.

These guys contacted me, because I started the thread and seemed to know about the install and because I posted lots in this thread....

Anyway, each guy told me that Ace Engineering stepped up to the plate so to speak and replaced the problematic sliders at Ace's expense.This included return of the problematic sliders on Ace's dime...

Not one guy said to me that Ace even flinched at their having to replace at Ace's expense, the problematic sliders.

In closing, I commend ACE Engineering! Terrific product brought to you by a company that you can count on to do the right thing!

I should mention that no one has creaking issues with the new version of the Ace Slider for the JLU.
That's the kind of thing I like to hear about a company. I'm planning on ordering some for my JLUR.
Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I am just waiting for a 2 door setup

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Sorry If I completely missed this... but I saw some people said they removed the body mount retaining clips. I mounted mine right up to them... which way is correct?

QL1A4792.jpg

IMG_4777.jpg

IMG_4784.jpg

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all. I really like the Ace Sliders since they work with the Rubi sliders. I am also going to roll 37" SST's soon so wondering what everyone thinks that have 37's on their jeeps. Reason...I take my daughter to school every day and she has a tough time getting out of my stock Rubi with no step.

Do these work well as steps on a lifted jeep or should I roll with an actual slider with step?

ClintA

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Hey all. I really like the Ace Sliders since they work with the Rubi sliders. I am also going to roll 37" SST's soon so wondering what everyone thinks that have 37's on their jeeps. Reason...I take my daughter to school every day and she has a tough time getting out of my stock Rubi with no step.

Do these work well as steps on a lifted jeep or should I roll with an actual slider with step?
I have 35s and these ace sliders. My kids think they are great. They didn’t like it without them since I have the 2” lift as well.

Sponsored

bobbyh25

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
These things look amazing. I ordered mine on the 27th of March.. Stillllllll wwwaaaiiitttttttiiinngggg!! Going on 5 weeks!!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
These things look amazing. I ordered mine on the 27th of March.. Stillllllll wwwaaaiiitttttttiiinngggg!! Going on 5 weeks!!
Wow!

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
I ordered the ACE sliders as well — April 6. Supposedly still another 2 weeks out on fulfilling the order. Was hoping that they’d arrive before my Jeep was delivered.

Sponsored

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
I just finished installing mine without a hitch. Those front bolts are a pain to get on/off. But no alignment issues and the rubi rails stayed on. Their fix worked so order without hesitation!

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I’m thinking of buying used rubi rock rails to throw on my sport. I wanted the appearance more than the use, I don’t know if I’ll ever make effective use of them.

After putting my doors back on I noticed the rock chips in the hinges. I know the rubi rock rails wouldn’t help with the rock chips but would these ace sliders? Is that the other purpose of side steps?

First jeep, what do I do?!

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I’m thinking of buying used rubi rock rails to throw on my sport. I wanted the appearance more than the use, I don’t know if I’ll ever make effective use of them.

After putting my doors back on I noticed the rock chips in the hinges. I know the rubi rock rails wouldn’t help with the rock chips but would these ace sliders? Is that the other purpose of side steps?

First jeep, what do I do?!
The Rubi rails don't stick out enough to stop your front tires from flinging rocks up onto the hinges and fenders.