ACE Slider Install - Hints from fellow JL/JLU Owner's

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Ah, well I wouldn't it would be free, but if you can find the 6 bolts you'll need they won't be that much.

I'd rather buy them and not need them than need them and not have them.

Just remember, go slow. I did about a quarter turn at a time and took my time. Had no issues. The bolts take pretty much the same amount of effort from start to finish, so don't freak out if they're hard to loosen the entire time. Just be patient and take a break if you start getting frustrated or impatient.
Oh I'm not doing it myself. I'm going to pay a shop so that it will be 100% on them if anything breaks. I don't doubt my skills, I doubt the bolts. So I'll give the shop new ones to use.
Sponsored

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
B8C26410-CC05-490E-A311-2ABDA5775FCB.jpeg
B8A0F6AC-FA79-4629-A54C-17D1EFBD30F9.jpeg
Got mine today. Driver side rubs on frame. Put a rubber washer in it. Passenger side was close. Left the bolts loose to try to correct it. This was as close as I could get it.
Q, did the rubber washers work?

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Thinking about getting these. Are you experiencing the frame creaking noise like OP?
This was allegedly rectified in Apr 2018
No noise issues at all since I got the redesigned model as you mentioned. If your buying them new then you shouldn’t have to worry about getting an old version with the possible creaking problem. If you go via secondary market, here is how to tell if it’s the new version. Notice the front mount hole positioning.

IMG_0644.jpeg

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Thinking about getting these. Are you experiencing the frame creaking noise like OP?
This was allegedly rectified in Apr 2018
Also, from what I read removing the body bolts during install(especially the front two)is a PITA. They got the dreaded red loctite, so proceed with extreme caution. I had a trusted jeep 4x4 shop do my install, took them no joke 30 minutes start to finish. He new what he was doing and had a lift and partner. They look dynamite running with the OEM rubicon rails!

Jeep Wrangler JL ACE Slider Install - Hints from fellow JL/JLU Owner's IMG_0594

Jeep Wrangler JL ACE Slider Install - Hints from fellow JL/JLU Owner's IMG_0589

Sponsored

Jeepiner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeepineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Also, from what I read removing the body bolts during install(especially the front two)is a PITA. They got the dreaded red loctite, so proceed with extreme caution. I had a trusted jeep 4x4 shop do my install, took them no joke 30 minutes start to finish. He new what he was doing and had a lift and partner. They look dynamite running with the OEM rubicon rails!

Yep, I definitely will have a mopar shop install them. I'd sooner punch a wild bear than wrestle those body bolts!

They look phenomenal; such a clean look with the OEM rails. Peace of mind having that low side-body protection as well. Will be ordering mine soon

Willys_Wonka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUW
Yep, I definitely will have a mopar shop install them. I'd sooner punch a wild bear than wrestle those body bolts!

They look phenomenal; such a clean look with the OEM rails. Peace of mind having that low side-body protection as well. Will be ordering mine soon
Try marketplace, I snagged mine for 250 bucks. Removed some light surface rust and applied two cotes of bed liner black paint, like new now!

Rcoleman35

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 High Tide Hydro Blue
both my Jeep and my rock sliders are on order and SHOULD be here later this week. I swung by the Jeep dealer parts counter today to buy 6 new OEM body mount bolts to use on the install. I'll post part numbers once I complete the job and know they're the exact right part numbers for the 4 door.
Sponsored