ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
ACE Engineering, it looks great, but that tire seems to be mounted pretty high, it is adjustable to mount lower right?

Can we get a photo of the carrier on the Jeep without the tire installed?

Also once the carrier is mounted to the Jeep, what is the wheel mount location in relation to the original stock location? I am asking because I curious about how much further it will push the spare out and if there will be interference with the backup sensors.

*Edit: looks like my last question has been answered while I was typing this on my phone.
Here's a photo of the prototype without the tire mounted.
Do you have any photos of this with the license plate relocate, backup camera AND the 3rd brake light attached? None of the photos show the 3rd brake light. Also, it was unclear to me if the plate was illuminated with the relocate kit. I think the answer was yes, but can you please confirm?
Yes, it's all there in the Spare Tire License Plate Relocate Mount. Here's an image that points it all out.

Diagram_STPR.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:
OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any pictures with the roof on? It's really hard to tell how high the spare really sits.
Sorry, we don't have any pics of the JL with the top on yet. It's at pretty much the same height as our JK, which I've attached pictures of.

Thank you,

ACEJKSATC-B.jpg

ACEJKSATC-I.jpg

ACEJKSATC-J.jpg

BrnxBomr2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Recon
I'll have to check it again in person. This is a grab grab from when I put my cb antenna wire in and it looked like nothing was there
Screenshot_20181026-074725.png
Is there something that replaces the tape that has to be cut away? It looks like it was there for a reason to protect from stuff getting into the Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there something that replaces the tape that has to be cut away? It looks like it was there for a reason to protect from stuff getting into the Jeep.
We don't provide anything, but you could use duct tape or something along those lines if you would like to. That entire area is covered by the rear plastic molding at all times other than when you install the part.

Thank you,

BrnxBomr2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Recon
We don't provide anything, but you could use duct tape or something along those lines if you would like to. That entire area is covered by the rear plastic molding at all times other than when you install the part.

Thank you,
Reason I ask is because it looks like the tape prevented water or anything else from seeping in behind the panels. It looks like that hole is open where the bracket comes through the body.

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I was going to order this but there are a few things I do not like that were never answered. Why is the height not adjustable? if every size tire fits in the same location the bigger the tire the worse the view out of rear window. Im assuming this JL is running 37in tires from what I can see and there is a ton of room to lower the tire for better rear visibility? and the mounting poins on the sub structure are a good idea but Im really concerned as to what you have to cut out, a sub structure is sealed for a reason and yes it is a good mounting point but the new JL hinges are way beefier than the JK so not sure why the dual hinge set up is needed. Dont get me wrong love the idea and you guys did a great job, but its limited in height and that is a major concern for me and being that high up, the camera visibility will be way off as well. the spare tire should be centered on the rear gate. I think the price is good and the sale is awesome but were flying blind here with just a few pics and a 15sec video on YouTube is not enough to open my wallet that fast. What is the weight? surface finish type? SS bolts? what is the install time? warranty? drilling into sub structure required? you mention the area behind tailgate is open once the plastic trim is removed, then you said it has to be cut open and its just tape? And you have a awesome sale going on a new product but have limited info and pics on this thing.

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was going to order this but there are a few things I do not like that were never answered. Why is the height not adjustable? if every size tire fits in the same location the bigger the tire the worse the view out of rear window. Im assuming this JL is running 37in tires from what I can see and there is a ton of room to lower the tire for better rear visibility? and the mounting poins on the sub structure are a good idea but Im really concerned as to what you have to cut out, a sub structure is sealed for a reason and yes it is a good mounting point but the new JL hinges are way beefier than the JK so not sure why the dual hinge set up is needed. Dont get me wrong love the idea and you guys did a great job, but its limited in height and that is a major concern for me and being that high up, the camera visibility will be way off as well. the spare tire should be centered on the rear gate. I think the price is good and the sale is awesome but were flying blind here with just a few pics and a 15sec video on YouTube is not enough to open my wallet that fast. What is the weight? surface finish type? SS bolts? what is the install time? warranty? drilling into sub structure required? you mention the area behind tailgate is open once the plastic trim is removed, then you said it has to be cut open and its just tape? And you have a awesome sale going on a new product but have limited info and pics on this thing.
Travis,

I'm sorry, I've tried to answer as many questions of yours as I possibly could through Instagram. It's not height adjustable because we don't feel it's necessary. We believe the difference in rear visibility is so minimal that we prefer to have it mounted statically in the best possible position for optimal balance. If you feel differently, that's fine. As for the substructure mounting points, we're looking into supplying some tape or vinyl to cover the tape that needs to be cut out.

We hate to say it - but based on all of the interactions we've had on our social channels, it feels like the odds of you being satisfied with this potential purchase are really low. We try our best to make the product that we love and that we think as many other Jeepers will like as well. However, we realize we can't be everything for everyone. It sounds like an adjustable height carrier is a must have for you, and we understand that our product does not fit that bill for you.

I'm sure you'll find something that fits your needs specifically.

Thank you,

ACE

X-rated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
HAHA!! Sometimes you just need to cut your losses. I'll about guarantee traviswalker is an engineer, maybe he can design and build his own perfect spare tire carrier!!!

Sponsored

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Travis,

I'm sorry, I've tried to answer as many questions of yours as I possibly could through Instagram. It's not height adjustable because we don't feel it's necessary. We believe the difference in rear visibility is so minimal that we prefer to have it mounted statically in the best possible position for optimal balance. If you feel differently, that's fine. As for the substructure mounting points, we're looking into supplying some tape or vinyl to cover the tape that needs to be cut out.

We hate to say it - but based on all of the interactions we've had on our social channels, it feels like the odds of you being satisfied with this potential purchase are really low. We try our best to make the product that we love and that we think as many other Jeepers will like as well. However, we realize we can't be everything for everyone. It sounds like an adjustable height carrier is a must have for you, and we understand that our product does not fit that bill for you.

I'm sure you'll find something that fits your needs specifically.

Thank you,

ACE

thank you!!

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
HAHA!! Sometimes you just need to cut your losses. I'll about guarantee traviswalker is an engineer, maybe he can design and build his own perfect spare tire carrier!!!
Go troll another thread And yes I am an Engineer, and all of those points were valid, as this is the ONLY tire carrier made by any company with out an adjustable height bracket, a feature that to me should of been in the first mock up, as well as the angled Roto-Pac mounts that stick out for even less rear view visibility. And Ace Engineering made a valid point, you cant please everyone and I agree, I will search or wait for others to bear to market a tire carrier that fits my needs. So run along little troll your negative comment is not needed here.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Go troll another thread And yes I am an Engineer, and all of those points were valid, as this is the ONLY tire carrier made by any company with out an adjustable height bracket, a feature that to me should of been in the first mock up, as well as the angled Roto-Pac mounts that stick out for even less rear view visibility. And Ace Engineering made a valid point, you cant please everyone and I agree, I will search or wait for others to bear to market a tire carrier that fits my needs. So run along little troll your negative comment is not needed here.
Someone needs a sensitivity pill.

X-rated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUS
Fuck man......if you don't like it buy someone else's tire carrier! Obviously ACE is not going to change it for just you!!!

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Kudos to Ace on addressing

Yes, it's all there in the Spare Tire License Plate Relocate Mount. Here's an image that points it all out.

Diagram_STPR.jpg
brake lig

Diagram_STPR.jpg

Kudos to Ace for addressing the brake light, camera AND license plate. Not seeing all three covered from other vendors and really it should be a must.
Sponsored