Sponsored

ACE JL 2-Door Rock Sliders Now Available!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Can someone explain the attraction of having both the Rubi rails and the rock sliders? I'm not trying to be a smart alec; I seriously feel like I'm missing something.
I will talk just how it looks............

Cause the JL / JLU pinch seam is really ugly ... unsightly to say the least. Regardless of whether you install Ace Sliders or not the pinch seam uncovered and or not blocked from view somehow is not what I want to see.

If I had a JL/JLU without Rubi Rails, my first order of business would be to find a set on craigslist, etc.. OR to get side steps or whatever to hide the pinch seam from view the best I could..

Take a look at a JL/JLU with and without pinch seam coveing... put the two vehicles side by side and it is really apparent that pinch seams look like chitt...

Sponsored

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Yeah I got mine as well, same est delivery, Saturday

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
@everyone..

Well, Fedex, just dropped my Ace Sliders for my 2 dr. Shipping boxes were decent thickness and strapped well... and the sliders inside each box were floating lets say, thanks to heavy molded foam around the ends of the slider, etc.. SO, as usual with ACE Sliders that show up at your door, there is no marring... scratches, etc.

Geeez, fine job on the powder coat.. typical Ace.

Will be installing on Mon. when I have access to air tools. Nope, I could not budge any of the 4 body bolts using a breaker bar. Two other guys with 2 drs. have messaged me saying they could not budge them either. I have done a few JK's but their body bolts are not on there like that. Will post more and tender pics on Monday afternoon.
Be careful I trust a long breaker way more than air tools.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Arrived today. The packaging was on point with no damage. Boxes were nicely labeled to indicate sides. The rails are large and beefy. I broke my passenger side loose with a breaker bar, my heart stopped when I heard a loud crack while loosening the first bolt. I put the 1/2 inch air gun on them after breaking them free and working them back and forth (loose and tight) and just ran them out. Nonissues but the red locktite sucks ass. Zipped them back in with airgun and torqued to 90 due to adaptor and extension. The driver's side I just put the airgun to them and they came right out, no issues again. There is no flex when I stood on driver's side and jumped up and down.

20180728_100411.jpg

20180728_102242.jpg

20180728_102500.jpg

20180728_102507.jpg

20180728_104812.jpg

20180728_105839.jpg

20180728_105846.jpg

20180728_105852.jpg

20180728_110554.jpg

20180728_111446.jpg

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Thanks Bill, appreciate it.

Sponsored

bmdjeep3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Arrived today. The packaging was on point with no damage. Boxes were nicely labeled to indicate sides. The rails are large and beefy. I broke my passenger side loose with a breaker bar, my heart stopped when I heard a loud crack while loosening the first bolt. I put the 1/2 inch air gun on them after breaking them free and working them back and forth (loose and tight) and just ran them out. Nonissues but the red locktite sucks ass. Zipped them back in with airgun and torqued to 90 due to adaptor and extension. The driver's side I just put the airgun to them and they came right out, no issues again. There is no flex when I stood on driver's side and jumped up and down.
The body bolts were installed from the factory with red loctite?

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
BostonBilly is correct. That fu#$ing red loctite is a bitch. I just got through installing mine also that arrived today. I thought I had stripped out my socket the way it was cracking and popping. What a mother. I'm just got on here to look up the torque specs and saw these posts. Headed back out now to put the finishing touches on.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
@BostonBilly , does the rear of your slider touch the rock guard? When I went back out to torque I noticed that in the rear it was drawn up tight against the guard but not in the front. I did install per side what the box said.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
@BostonBilly , does the rear of your slider touch the rock guard? When I went back out to torque I noticed that in the rear it was drawn up tight against the guard but not in the front. I did install per side what the box said.
It does but I will deal with that tomorrow. I had some where to be today. I will check the factory to see if it can be adjusted higher and then try and adjust the ace out to see if that helps

Sponsored

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Installed mine tonight with the help of a couple of friends. There is a special place in hell for whoever installed those passenger side bolts from factory.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Got mine on too today .
20180728_200222.jpg
20180728_200234.jpg
20180728_200248.jpg

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
It does but I will deal with that tomorrow. I had some where to be today. I will check the factory to see if it can be adjusted higher and then try and adjust the ace out to see if that helps
The Rubi Rails have some room for adjustment that should remedy this issue. If you loosen the Rubi Rails and get them as close to the body as you can and then re-tighten them, that should do the trick.

You can also loosen the Rock Sliders and make sure they are as far out away from the body as possible before re-tightening.

Thank you,

ACE

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
The Rubi Rails have some room for adjustment that should remedy this issue. If you loosen the Rubi Rails and get them as close to the body as you can and then re-tighten them, that should do the trick.

You can also loosen the Rock Sliders and make sure they are as far out away from the body as possible before re-tightening.

Thank you,

ACE
That's what I am hoping, that I can get the Rubi ones up. I already loosened and pulled the sliders out after I saw it was touching , didnt make much of a difference. I will report back, thanks for info.

Blammmo_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr Rubicon
Has anyone noticed if these rails are deflecting rocks thrown from the front tires away from the body and fenders while traveling gravel roads?
I’m thinking of ordering a set to minimize the paint chips and double down as rock sliders out on the trails.
Sponsored