Ace engineering rock sliders for jlu worth the $$

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500 crew Honda Civic si
Anyone out there that are running these rock sliders feedback wanted. I love the idea of keeping the OEM rock rails on my wife’s jlu Rubicon but after a 2.5” lift she needs a little boost to get in. I thought about amp research steps but dont want to damage them if we decide to go offroad(her DD and our first jeep so we are new to this) I like the look of the amps but dont like the look of the rock slide engineering power steps. Brings me back to rock sliders that double as a step. We really like the look of the Ace but they are $$
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Anyone out there that are running these rock sliders feedback wanted. I love the idea of keeping the OEM rock rails on my wife’s jlu Rubicon but after a 2.5” lift she needs a little boost to get in. I thought about amp research steps but dont want to damage them if we decide to go offroad(her DD and our first jeep so we are new to this) I like the look of the amps but dont like the look of the rock slide engineering power steps. Brings me back to rock sliders that double as a step. We really like the look of the Ace but they are $$
These are my buddies Ace rails after 1 Canadian winter. They never responded to his email. He is getting them LineX'd.

That's not from scrapes either.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ace engineering rock sliders for jlu worth the $$ received_721934745470738

OP
OP
BonesRedRubi

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are my buddies Ace rails after 1 Canadian winter. They never responded to his email. He is getting them LineX'd.

That's not from scrapes either.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ace engineering rock sliders for jlu worth the $$ received_721934745470738
😳 is that a common occurrence? You’d think for as expensive as they are they could put a proper powder coat on

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I had them on my JK and really liked them. I went a different route with the JL but did consider them initially. At the time I was looking at them, there was a bolt you had to remove from the Jeep that a lot of people were having issues with. Since I didn't go with ACE I can't speak on that specific issue, but in the end that is why I went with LOD and just removed my rubi rails. I am sure someone can be more specific on that bolt and if it is/was an issue.

OP
OP
BonesRedRubi

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had them on my JK and really liked them. I went a different route with the JL but did consider them initially. At the time I was looking at them, there was a bolt you had to remove from the Jeep that a lot of people were having issues with. Since I didn't go with ACE I can't speak on that specific issue, but in the end that is why I went with LOD and just removed my rubi rails. I am sure someone can be more specific on that bolt and if it is/was an issue.
I thought that was the body bolt that you had to remove to get the stock rock rails off. You didn’t have to remove it for the LOD? How do you like those? Have you trail tested them?

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I like it for the same reason that you get to keep the stock Rubi rails.
I'll take a pic and post when I get the chance later. You do have to touch it up one in a while and when you've bashed them against rocks. They were a better deal when they first came out, they since sold or merged with another company. I will get that info for you too. I saved a couple of pennies with a promo code. Not sure if it'll still work though.

Search Ace Sliders. There's a few threads on here.

OP
OP
BonesRedRubi

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like it for the same reason that you get to keep the stock Rubi rails.
I'll take a pic and post when I get the chance later. You do have to touch it up one in a while and when you've bashed them against rocks. They were a better deal when they first came out, they since sold or merged with another company. I will get that info for you too. I saved a couple of pennies with a promo code. Not sure if it'll still work though.

Search Ace Sliders. There's a few threads on here.
That’s awesome, thanks

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the ACE Rock rails on my JLU for that very reason, so I didn't have to remove the original rails and so my wife & daughter could climb in more easily... I don't slide over rocks and I'm the 2nd owner of these and they still look brand new.

This is the most recent pic I have of them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ace engineering rock sliders for jlu worth the $$ IMG_2347.JPG

OP
OP
BonesRedRubi

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the ACE Rock rails on my JLU for that very reason, so I didn't have to remove the original rails and so my wife & daughter could climb in more easily... I don't slide over rocks and I'm the 2nd owner of these and they still look brand new.

This is the most recent pic I have of them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ace engineering rock sliders for jlu worth the $$ IMG_2347.JPG
Wow! That’s a good looking rig brother! That’s kinda what I was hoping to hear. I don’t think I’ll be rock crawling either but would like something that would hold up off-road on moderate trails. I think they look awesome but just didn’t know about functionality. Sounds like they suit the needs of your family

Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Ace rock rails. I got them because they fit over the stock rock rails. My wife uses them as a step, I only have the Mopar lift and 35's so I just step in myself. I do use them when washing the Jeep to get to the roof. So, you can use them as a step even though you wont get your whole foot on them (toes facing into the Jeep). I had mine Rhino lined before they were put on (I had my tube doors lined too, so I wanted the finish's to match). I have had to touch them up after rock scraps off-road but that's a simple fix. The Rhino lining also gives them more of a non-slip surface also.

IMG_1598.PNG

IMG_7662~photo copy.jpg

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow! That’s a good looking rig brother! That’s kinda what I was hoping to hear. I don’t think I’ll be rock crawling either but would like something that would hold up off-road on moderate trails. I think they look awesome but just didn’t know about functionality. Sounds like they suit the needs of your family
Jeep Wrangler JL Ace engineering rock sliders for jlu worth the $$ IMG_2693.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Ace engineering rock sliders for jlu worth the $$ IMG_2694.JPG

OP
OP
BonesRedRubi

BonesRedRubi

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love my Ace rock rails. I got them because they fit over the stock rock rails. My wife uses them as a step, I only have the Mopar lift and 35's so I just step in myself. I do use them when washing the Jeep to get to the roof. So, you can use them as a step even though you wont get your whole foot on them (toes facing into the Jeep). I had mine Rhino lined before they were put on (I had my tube doors lined too, so I wanted the finish's to match). I have had to touch them up after rock scraps off-road but that's a simple fix. The Rhino lining also gives them more of a non-slip surface also.

Those look good, I feel like combining them with the OEM rails it looks like they can from the factory that way

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a pic of mine.

I could not find the discount code. I used it last year, so it'll probably be no good anyways. Try to contact Steinjager and see if they'll send you a code.
Jeep Wrangler JL Ace engineering rock sliders for jlu worth the $$ 1648773259810
Sponsored