YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4-door
Hey everyone,

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on a new bumper for my JLUR. The top of my list is ACE Engineering’s expedition stubby (the one in the photo) anybody have the same one and have feedback on it?

I had also considered the Artec nighthawk but it is priced a bit higher than the ACE.

Also any pictures of a stock-“ish” rubicon with a stubby bumper would be cool aswell. I plan on bigger tires in the future I just would like to make sure in the meantime that a stubby won’t make the front end look like it’s missing something.

Thanks!

269186F7-C4E3-478A-8527-3BB0356DDE71.jpeg
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
While I do not have the ACE front bumper, I do have their rear bumper and stand alone tire carrier. The workmanship is top notch. I have had it on for over two years and zero rust. I don't think you can hurt the rear bumper that I have. I think you could run it over with a tank and not hurt it. I have dropped the rear bumper many times on ledges and dragged it over rocks in Moab and the Rubicon trail with zero flex.

Ace is about 100 miles from my home. I drove up to their facility and took a tour before I bought them. The place was super clean, well organized and the employees were very easy to work with.

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I am very interested in the bumper as well.

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
sorry not the best pick of the bumper but here is mine. i've had it almost 2 years now and absolutely love the bumper.

IMG_0633.jpg

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
sorry not the best pick of the bumper but here is mine. i've had it almost 2 years now and absolutely love the bumper.

Jeep Wrangler JL ACE Engineering Bumper IMG_0633
looks really good. Any issues with install? Pretty straight forward? No cutting?

Sponsored

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
looks really good. Any issues with install? Pretty straight forward? No cutting?
i did have to trim a small bracket to get winch plate in. nothing hard or major. other than that, its pretty strait forward.

Offroad

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2011 WK2
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a pic of mine. You have to drill out the bolt holes a bit and like @JLJeepGuy513 said, trim a bracket but it was pretty easy. Hardest part is getting the winch in there, not a lot of room to work with and if you're using a Warn VR EVO, you have interference with the fogs but it fits! Barely.

Jeep Wrangler JL ACE Engineering Bumper IMG_20210206_165415798_HDR (1)

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here's a pic of mine. You have to drill out the bolt holes a bit and like @JLJeepGuy513 said, trim a bracket but it was pretty easy. Hardest part is getting the winch in there, not a lot of room to work with and if you're using a Warn VR EVO, you have interference with the fogs but it fits! Barely.

Jeep Wrangler JL ACE Engineering Bumper IMG_20210206_165415798_HDR (1)
i forgot about the fogs! yeah its super tight with warn winch.

Anthony120

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR 2-door
Jeep Wrangler JL ACE Engineering Bumper 18124226-F505-41D6-947E-FA8DF9BF0EE6_1_201_a

Theres a decent amount of room with a smittybilt winch but you would have to offset the control box. I love the bumper so far and only have super small areas of rust where the coating wore off. Its around the edges where the winch opening is. Also be aware there some very minor trimming that needed to be done to get the winch plate installed. It takes about 30 seconds with an angle grinder but could probably be done with a hack saw.

luna4x4

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
i did have to trim a small bracket to get winch plate in. nothing hard or major. other than that, its pretty strait forward.
What winch plate did you buy? I just pulled the trigger on this bumper and want to get it setup with the apex badland winch.

Sponsored

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What winch plate did you buy? I just pulled the trigger on this bumper and want to get it setup with the apex badland winch.
It comes with the plate to mount the winch.

gothewild

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Anybody know if the Willys LED fogs will work with this bumper? It looks like factory LEDs aren't compatible, but i've seen some people running them. If not, which LED fogs are compatible?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have the front bumper on order now and have been waiting about 5 weeks for it to show up. In all fairness, they said it would ship in 6 to 8 weeks.

gothewild

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I have the front bumper on order now and have been waiting about 5 weeks for it to show up. In all fairness, they said it would ship in 6 to 8 weeks.
I bought one for my previous JLU and it took about that much time. They will deliver. It's a quality bumper. My only complaint is that you have to shave some metal off your frame to attach the winch mount. I'm sure they could just redesign the mounting plate to avoid that issue.

luna4x4

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a front and rear bumper from Ace at the beginning of July and I am still waiting for them.

I reached out 4 weeks into the waiting process and I was told it would be another 4 weeks at least. I think I am now on week 6, so we'll see when it eventually gets shipped.
Sponsored