Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the Accutune lift came out to 3.5 - 4" on a Sport?
My Rubicon is supposed to be 2.5" lift with the same springs.
I also have the 3.5-4.5" shocks (all 4), and have 38" tires coming. I might be making some changes to the bumps.
My metalcloak was tall for a 2.5” closer to 3.5” for most other companies. And i lost a little in the rear. But it sits more level than mc. Mc had a slight rake.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Got to remember though sport is already lower than rubi, so technically its a 2.5” but yes overall it does lift a sport higher to be same height at the end as a rubicon with same lift.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Got to remember though sport is already lower than rubi, so technically its a 2.5” but yes overall it does lift a sport higher to be same height at the end as a rubicon with same lift.
Your correct, I think the sport sits 1" lower than a Rubi.
The Rubi should get a 2.5" lift front and 1" rear from the Accutune springs (according to Accutune), I would guess your Sport should get a 3.5" lift front and 2" rear, to be the same height as a Rubi with the same springs. Of course tires and weight difference from add on parts will change some stuff.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah i know fox was going to release some jl specific ones. but mine got adjusted as well. Love the looks of the fox hydros but i couldnt wait for the increased price lol.
So whats the details on the new fox bumps? What is so JL specific about them? Just curious..

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
So whats the details on the new fox bumps? What is so JL specific about them? Just curious..
No idea. Same ifp concept im assuming. Redesigned internals? Fox wouldnt give me details on it. Cant see it being overly better than the king or the current set up. I know the current fox hydros are a bit of a pain to set up with oil amount and pressure. Gets real finiky.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe just a way to get a higher price tag lol

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Talked to Accutune, looks like price will be the same or close to current ones offered. Will just be in a different color, different valving and different seal package.
I think I'll go with the Kings like you did, but in the black. Looking for some labor day sales :)..

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to Accutune, looks like price will be the same or close to current ones offered. Will just be in a different color, different valving and different seal package.
I think I'll go with the Kings like you did, but in the black. Looking for some labor day sales :)..
Yeah i noticed they just released black ones after mine got installed of course lol i would have rather got those

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Well, first snag I had with the front Fox 2.5's.
Since I am installing an EVO quarter pounder front bumper at the same time, it requires cutting about half the front frame horns off the jeep.
The horns are where the 2.5's reservoir's have to mount, so looks like I have to actually mount the reservoir to the side of the EVO bumper as I do not see another option. I think I am going to remove the inner fenders at some point and I will see if there is a better mounting point up high later.
So, something to consider with these shocks and after market bumpers that require the removal of the front frame horns.
I might have went with the kings had I known this ahead of time, but I'll make it work, it's how it goes when modding..

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks for the info, I have the Evo bumper as well and never was too fond of where those fox resis mounted.. what springs are you running?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Since I am installing an EVO quarter pounder front bumper at the same time, it requires cutting about half the front frame horns off the jeep.
The horns are where the 2.5's reservoir's have to mount, so looks like I have to actually mount the reservoir to the side of the EVO bumper as I do not see another option. I think I am going to remove the inner fenders at some point and I will see if there is a better mounting point up high later.
So, something to consider with these shocks and after market bumpers that require the removal of the front frame horns.
I might have went with the kings had I known this ahead of time, but I'll make it work, it's how it goes when modding..
Ah didnt know some of the bumpers required cutting the frame horns. That is good to know.

Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
pics... please:)

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
pics... please:)
Here you go.
This will work as a place holder until I see if there is a better spot after removing the inner fenders.
Con is it is open to get hit by a rock.
pro is they are super easy to adjust :).

20190911_170130-X5.jpg

20190911_170139-X5.jpg

20190911_170155-X5.jpg

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go.
This will work as a place holder until I see if there is a better spot after removing the inner fenders.
Con is it is open to get hit by a rock.
pro is they are super easy to adjust :).

20190911_170130-X5.jpg

20190911_170139-X5.jpg

20190911_170155-X5.jpg
Good color match to the jeep i like it.
Sponsored