Accutune with fox 2.5 factory shocks review

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
These showed up today along with the lift kit.
Thanks OP for the review, probably what I needed for the extra nudge to do it. Also for being their test mule for the shock calibration on these new 2.5's.

20190828_123314-X4.jpg

20190828_123556-X4.jpg
Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
The smoother than stock is subjective. To me its smoother because its more controlled. My cousins stock rubicon and mine feel exactly the same hitting the same sharp edge bump, but mine has no after effects or sway or body roll, it just hits and keeps straight. Some people want that cadillac type suspension that you just arent going to get with a jeep. Ive had trucks and stiff suspension my whole life so to me this is a cadillac
Exactly how I felt after trying the Ranchos compared to the SP2 Falcons. Lot of it are the tires IMHO.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
These showed up today along with the lift kit.
Thanks OP for the review, probably what I needed for the extra nudge to do it. Also for being their test mule for the shock calibration on these new 2.5's.

20190828_123314-X4.jpg

20190828_123556-X4.jpg
Looks good! Hopefully you love the ride as much as I do!

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Nice to see you finally got the foxes and went with accutune, I remember emailing them about the new fox factory shocks and they didn't have any at the time since they were new etc. I bet your jeep soaks up the desert especially with the front hydro bumps.

I think with the Evo kings, since they are specifically valved for the coils, it would ride similiar.. dont know. If I change out my cheapo fox 2.0 to the kings we will have to get together and compare.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to see you finally got the foxes and went with accutune, I remember emailing them about the new fox factory shocks and they didn't have any at the time since they were new etc. I bet your jeep soaks up the desert especially with the front hydro bumps.

I think with the Evo kings, since they are specifically valved for the coils, it would ride similiar.. dont know. If I change out my cheapo fox 2.0 to the kings we will have to get together and compare.
Hey now .I just got the cheapo fox 2.0s from accutune lol. At least the RR version .

Sponsored

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey now .I just got the cheapo fox 2.0s from accutune lol. At least the RR version .
haha didn't mean to offend. They are good for what they are. Think I am going to get king hydro's first, I was in Mojave last weekend and hit a g out at speed and forgot how it felt in a solid axle front..holy s***.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
haha didn't mean to offend. They are good for what they are. Think I am going to get king hydro's first, I was in Mojave last weekend and hit a g out at speed and forgot how it felt in a solid axle front..holy s***.
Oh I hear you, if I could justify a $2500+ shock system I would, but I live in the rocky streets of chicagoland suburbs. Consessions had to be made and I don't high speed anything.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I was all ready to buy the king air bumps too, but Accutune said I might want to hang on for the upcoming Fox JL specific air bumps when they release, so thought I would wait it out.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I was all ready to buy the king air bumps too, but Accutune said I might want to hang on for the upcoming Fox JL specific air bumps when they release, so thought I would wait it out.
Yeah i know fox was going to release some jl specific ones. but mine got adjusted as well. Love the looks of the fox hydros but i couldnt wait for the increased price lol.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

Haha im down. My cousin has the full stage 8 icon set up now too. So its going to be a battle in the desert.

Sponsored

ohsobad21

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 SRT8 Grand Cherokee, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Haha im down. My cousin has the full stage 8 icon set up now too. So its going to be a battle in the desert.
Question for you sir...... I read you currently have a 3 1/2 - 4" lift correct? and did I read right that you have the new Fox 2"-3" shock?

ohsobad21

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 SRT8 Grand Cherokee, 2018 JLU Rubicon
NVM I just read another one of your posts I saw your running the 3.5-4 inch shocks....

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Question for you sir...... I read you currently have a 3 1/2 - 4" lift correct? and did I read right that you have the new Fox 2"-3" shock?
No i have a 2.5” lift but dont read into what they say lift height is on the shocks. Look what the actual compressed/extended length is. I kept my shocks as close to what i had with the metalcloak shocks. I could have gone a size up in the rear, but running 1” bumpstops is so nice.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Yeah i know fox was going to release some jl specific ones. but mine got adjusted as well. Love the looks of the fox hydros but i couldnt wait for the increased price lol.
I hope they are cheaper than the current Fox Hydro's they have, lol. I know wishful thinking..
Although I would like to keep it all Fox at this point, or go with the more expensive King Black ones (I don't want Blue) :)..

And I agree, the King makes some really nice stuff, I almost went with the Kings over the Fox shocks. Can't go wrong either way I don't think.

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
No i have a 2.5” lift but dont read into what they say lift height is on the shocks. Look what the actual compressed/extended length is. I kept my shocks as close to what i had with the metalcloak shocks. I could have gone a size up in the rear, but running 1” bumpstops is so nice.
I thought the Accutune lift came out to 3.5 - 4" on a Sport?
My Rubicon is supposed to be 2.5" lift with the same springs.
I also have the 3.5-4.5" shocks (all 4), and have 38" tires coming. I might be making some changes to the bumps.
Sponsored