Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you loosen and turn the resi counter clockwise a little so the hose on resi is turned towards the frame and I zip tied mine to the brace of washer fluid reservoir.

Jeep Wrangler JL Accutune with fox 2.5 factory shocks review B6E89718-60AC-4178-BB4C-C50BC3841E65
Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
If you loosen and turn the resi counter clockwise a little so the hose on resi is turned towards the frame and I zip tied mine to the brace of washer fluid reservoir.

Jeep Wrangler JL Accutune with fox 2.5 factory shocks review B6E89718-60AC-4178-BB4C-C50BC3841E65
interesting. It wouldnā€™t kink the line too much or put too much pressure?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
interesting. It wouldnā€™t kink the line too much or put too much pressure?
Been running this way for over a year, havenā€™t had any problems. Thereā€™s no kinks if you look at my pic your just putting gradual bends , no worries..itā€™s a very tuff hose ..

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been running this way for over a year, havenā€™t had any problems. Thereā€™s no kinks if you look at my pic your just putting gradual bends , no worries..itā€™s a very tuff hose ..
is it at all possible to loosen the reservoir hose nut on the shock side, below the upper shock mount so I can rotate the hose to point up a little bit? Or would fluid come out?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
is it at all possible to loosen the reservoir hose nut on the shock side, below the upper shock mount so I can rotate the hose to point up a little bit? Or would fluid come out?
Donā€™t know, I didnā€™t want to mess with any of that, myself.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
It also appears Rokys is mounted a bit further forward allowing bend to be in different location, more forward ahead of circle hole in frame.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You can but i wouldnt, dont want the chance for air to get inside

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I also wrapped the entire length of the hose in black split corrugated wire sheathing to keep from rubbing, the hoses are super super resilient though and steel braided

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your reservoirs are too far back. See the Fox instructions attached. The reservoir should be just covering and forward of the "octagon" punching in the frame - which you can see in front of your reservoir in the picture above.

Perhaps you have it flipped around facing back instead of front.

https://pvg-portal.ridefox.com/_context/fox/__uploads/_assets/605-01-231-RevA.pdf
I looked at it again, and the holes are correct, but the bracket is flipped the other way. If itā€™s oriented the correct way my skid plate is in the way

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I looked at it again, and the holes are correct, but the bracket is flipped the other way. If itā€™s oriented the correct way my skid plate is in the way
Yeah, so that probably is responsible for the hose settling into the current position. I had to put spacers under mine to get it to clear the skid, but it is the same position fwd/aft.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so this is an initial review. Will update after I get to take it out and run it through the paces.

So to start, anyone considering 2.5ā€ lifts should definitely consider Accutune into their decision making process.

This is my 4th lift/shocks ive had on my jeep in the year ive had it. First was rough country spacer, to make sure i liked the height. Next was Rock Krawler and falcon shocks had my issues with it and wasnt happy, however it was among the first batches they had out. Third was Metalcloak 2.5 with rocksport shocks, great lift great components. Rode and handled amazing, insane flex, highly recommended. Now, Accutunes 2.5ā€ comfort ride coils with fox factory race 2.5ā€ shocks for 3.5-4ā€ lift.

So I really love suspension performance coming from growing up in the desert with trucks and motorcycles and racing and the like. And through all these lifts that I had ive been seeking out the best handling I can get for what I like to do. Which led me to fox factory series. I originally ordered from northridge 4x4 and they were back ordered for months. So I looked somewhere else that had them in stock. Low and behold Accutune offroad had some. For those of you that dont know about accutune check out their website, some very good detailed information on there and a great group of guys. https://accutuneoffroad.com/ and every purchase of shocks you make from them comes custom tuned to your vehicle

I contacted Ryan over there and asked him if they had any in stock and they did, but he told me since they were new for the new JL he has not had a chance to tune a set of them yet. Since I was close enough to their shop in Carson, ca I dropped my jeep off to them last week to work their magic. I originally was going to keep my MC coils and just install the shocks I wanted, but I knew that wouldnt give me the ride quality I was looking for since MC springs are a bit stiffer. So I opted to get the whole package done with their springs and tuning my shocks to them.

I dropped my jeep off to them last monday, and picked it up friday. Since i dropped it off Ryan and his group of guys had all the new springs, hydros, bump spacers, and shocks installed and started tuning. They spent the rest of the week tearing apart and tuning and putting back together and re test driving my jeep until it was handling perfect. All the way up till friday afternoon an hour before they closed they finished the final valve tuning. They put in a lot of work and a lot of fine tuning to dial my jeep in just right.

Once I picked it up Ryan and I went for a test drive around the roads where they do all the testing each time they make a new valving adjustment. And lets just say this road is incredibly screwed up. It looks like big desert whoops with ledges and drop offs. Needless to say great spot to test speed and bottoming resistance on everything. The way they dialed in my suspension felt absolutely amazing on this shitty road, we were able to hit most of it 30+. The jeep felt smooth and controlled over every hit and bottom out was plush and not harsh at all. No bouncy or head toss, it was just planted through the whole road no matter what size the bumps.

So all in all my first ride/ daily drive with the new suspension is absolutely amazing. I will update this like i said once Ive had the chance to really test it offroad. But from the quality of work and the great customer service and the overall performance Ryan was able to achieve out of their kit is something to be commended for. Im incredibly happy how it turned out and really thankful to Ryan and his guys for the amount of time they dedicated to my rig to get it handling so amazing. Anyways long read sorry, need to give recognition where its due. Check them out guys. :rock:

-Erik

are those 33's? I see you have a sport which is what I have? What gears are you running with this setup? The way you described that makes me want to build towards something like this now but I want to stay with 33s so i dont regear.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
are those 33's? I see you have a sport which is what I have? What gears are you running with this setup? The way you described that makes me want to build towards something like this now but I want to stay with 33s so i dont regear.
No, at the time i had 35s ive long since graduated to 40s šŸ˜‚ i was also regeared to 4.56 there and still have 4.56
Sponsored