Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Talk to AccuTune. I believe you can disconnect that hose and perhaps put a 45 or 90 degree fitting in to get the orientation you need.

I recall on their site a page on what you can disconnect and not.
You will lose oil loosening or disconnecting any of them, and probably get air in the system, best bet is to take them apart when changing fittings. The ones with the oring you can spin quickly but i dunno if id chance it
Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just picked up a set of these shocks in the 3.5-4" lift variant. So stoked to get them installed!

I'll be running them with Synergy 3" springs and have a couple questions:
  1. Does anyone have any rubbing issues between the tire and remote reservoir at full stuff/lock? I'm running a 4.7" BS wheel and 37s.
  2. Seems like I should be able to get away with a 2" bump stop front/rear without worry of damaging the shocks. Can anyone confirm?
  3. I'm probably going to run the metalcloak 12.25" sway bar end links up front. Anyone have issues of the sway bar end link nut/bolt rubbing on the remote reservoir hose during articulation? Any other sway bar end link alternatives I should look at?

Thanks in advance!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked up a set of these shocks in the 3.5-4" lift variant. So stoked to get them installed!

I'll be running them with Synergy 3" springs and have a couple questions:
  1. Does anyone have any rubbing issues between the tire and remote reservoir at full stuff/lock? I'm running a 4.7" BS wheel and 37s.
  2. Seems like I should be able to get away with a 2" bump stop front/rear without worry of damaging the shocks. Can anyone confirm?
  3. I'm probably going to run the metalcloak 12.25" sway bar end links up front. Anyone have issues of the sway bar end link nut/bolt rubbing on the remote reservoir hose during articulation? Any other sway bar end link alternatives I should look at?

Thanks in advance!
Hey Owen,
I’m running the 4.5-6 inch version of these shocks on 3.5” springs, and 37s. There’s no rubbing with resi or resi hose..... here’s pic,,,

Jeep Wrangler JL Accutune with fox 2.5 factory shocks review 2F6186CF-6267-4D83-BEF2-E4E72910A969
Jeep Wrangler JL Accutune with fox 2.5 factory shocks review 281331BD-17E7-4B58-ABEA-1E8DA197AC8D

Also I would recommend the RK no limits sway links. They’re specifically designed for the Rubi’s electronic disconnect. You can see in the second pic how much misalignment there is at full stuff.

Last edited:

Sponsored

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hey Owen,
I’m running the 4.5-6 inch version of these shocks on 3.5” springs, and 37s. There’s no rubbing with resi or resi hose..... here’s pic,,,

Also I would recommend the RK no limits sway links. They’re specifically designed for the Rubi’s electronic disconnect. You can see in the second pic how much misalignment there is at full stuff.
Thanks! Those look great. I assume you're running the 3-5" lift version of those end links?

Are you running 2" or 3" of bump stop extension up front?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Those look great. I assume you're running the 3-5" lift version of those end links?

Are you running 2" or 3" of bump stop extension up front?
Yes, these links are the 10” and I have them adjusted to 10.5”. I’m running 3” bump up front and 2 “‘in rear.

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That's weird, I bought a set of Elka shocks which mount very similarly to the fox and at full stuff/lock with 35" tires, I hit the reservoirs. I had to increase the steering locks to remedy. Mind you, I did my tests static without coils and I'm running clayton arms with johnny joints. I doubt it would happen in the real life.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
That's weird, I bought a set of Elka shocks which mount very similarly to the fox and at full stuff/lock with 35" tires, I hit the reservoirs. I had to increase the steering locks to remedy. Mind you, I did my tests static without coils and I'm running clayton arms with johnny joints. I doubt it would happen in the real life.
how are the elkas? Mine are on order, waiting patiently

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
how are the elkas? Mine are on order, waiting patiently
I'm not done yet, still need to tinker with the driver side and set caster. They took 2 months to get here from time of order. I'll make a review thread when I get some time on the road with them.

Sponsored

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
How do you guys keep the reservoir hose from scraping on that circle hole in the frame at the front? I just installed mine like 2 weeks ago and the inside part of the reservoir hose is kind of scraped already. All on road driving so far

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How do you guys keep the reservoir hose from scraping on that circle hole in the frame at the front? I just installed mine like 2 weeks ago and the inside part of the reservoir hose is kind of scraped already. All on road driving so far
Got pic of how yours is setup ? Mine look like this...

Jeep Wrangler JL Accutune with fox 2.5 factory shocks review 6AACAEED-139E-4452-9DD5-42B8C2C41501