Accutune with fox 2.5 factory shocks review

DLW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
The top ball joint as well as the pinion flange.
The bottom of the knuckle (next to the bottom ball joint is a flat spot) seems to be a good spot too, just make sure your digital meter is straight front to rear.
Sponsored

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
No i have a 2.5” lift but dont read into what they say lift height is on the shocks. Look what the actual compressed/extended length is. I kept my shocks as close to what i had with the metalcloak shocks. I could have gone a size up in the rear, but running 1” bumpstops is so nice.
Curious what your thoughts between MC and Accutune are? I am in the process of picking up a JLUR and was looking into the 3.5" GameChanger with a set of 37" tires. I do like to drive on the faster side so interested in upgrading to a top tier shock as well.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Curious what your thoughts between MC and Accutune are? I am in the process of picking up a JLUR and was looking into the 3.5" GameChanger with a set of 37" tires. I do like to drive on the faster side so interested in upgrading to a top tier shock as well.
MC is great, paired with the rocksports the ride is a little stiff because their springs are stiffer. But you really cannot go wrong with the set up, it rides really well and articulates like crazy. Its taller than the accutune specially at 3.5” you could probably pair it with a higher dollar shock but know that it will be pretty stiff unless the shocks are like stock soft.

I love my accutune set up, its a wonderful ride and i absolutely love it offroad. Its not as tall at MC, id still be able to fit 37s fine if i had some rubi fenders even more so. So it depends on what you are after. I was originally going to keep my MC springs and use the fox shocks, But it would have made the ride too stiff.

Check out icons kits as well. I just installed the stage 8 onto my cousins rig and it is a little higher than mine not much, and rides just as well, a bit stiffer. He has it paired with 37s and its a really nice kit as well.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
If you want height. MC. ride, accutune with thier tuned shocks, mines a little hybrid i guess cuz i still have the mc arms so i get crazy good flex with them and have the nice ride of the accutune springs and shocks. They both ride good they really do, but the mc cant keep up with the same speed i can carry through stuff now with my set up off road. On road, mc would probably get a vote extra for it because of the extra stiffness helps

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
If you want height. MC. ride, accutune with thier tuned shocks, mines a little hybrid i guess cuz i still have the mc arms so i get crazy good flex with them and have the nice ride of the accutune springs and shocks. They both ride good they really do, but the mc cant keep up with the same speed i can carry through stuff now with my set up off road. On road, mc would probably get a vote extra for it because of the extra stiffness helps
Sweet, thanks for the info! I know MC has the 6 pack shocks that seem to have a good review or two. Not a lot of reviews on these higher priced shocks though (specifically Fox 2.5 Racing and MC 6 Pack). Guess I will do some more digging. My first Wrangler so not even sure I need 3.5" and 37s or if I can get away with 2.5" and 35s. While I do hope to do more and more advanced trails, I don't think I will ever be doing serious crawling.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet, thanks for the info! I know MC has the 6 pack shocks that seem to have a good review or two. Not a lot of reviews on these higher priced shocks though (specifically Fox 2.5 Racing and MC 6 Pack). Guess I will do some more digging. My first Wrangler so not even sure I need 3.5" and 37s or if I can get away with 2.5" and 35s. While I do hope to do more and more advanced trails, I don't think I will ever be doing serious crawling.
You can get away with a 2.5” and 37s on a rubicon just fine too

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I find your "hybrid" approach very appealing. I like the concept of Accutune's matched and tuned springs and shocks but with Metalcloak's Duroflex CA's.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I find your "hybrid" approach very appealing. I like the concept of Accutune's matched and tuned springs and shocks but with Metalcloak's Duroflex CA's.
I love the mc control arms. Look cool, and the rubber bushing helps a bit on road for vibration kinda stuff. And they require almost no maintenance

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
I love the mc control arms. Look cool, and the rubber bushing helps a bit on road for vibration kinda stuff. And they require almost no maintenance
I do like the appeal of MCs CA, maybe even use their track bar as well. I just shot Accutune an email to see what they think. If I am on a dirt/gravel road, I want to float over it at "high speeds" ideally.

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
MC is great, paired with the rocksports the ride is a little stiff because their springs are stiffer. But you really cannot go wrong with the set up, it rides really well and articulates like crazy. Its taller than the accutune specially at 3.5” you could probably pair it with a higher dollar shock but know that it will be pretty stiff unless the shocks are like stock soft.

I love my accutune set up, its a wonderful ride and i absolutely love it offroad. Its not as tall at MC, id still be able to fit 37s fine if i had some rubi fenders even more so. So it depends on what you are after. I was originally going to keep my MC springs and use the fox shocks, But it would have made the ride too stiff.

Check out icons kits as well. I just installed the stage 8 onto my cousins rig and it is a little higher than mine not much, and rides just as well, a bit stiffer. He has it paired with 37s and its a really nice kit as well.
I’m pretty close to going accutune I referred them to your review FYI. Kenny is firing up a quote and lead time. I’m going fox 2.5 3.5-4” front and rear With adjusters. He was only saying I would get 5” uptravel with their 2.5” bump.

I could not find any info on the icon lifts shock travel or compressed and extended lengths. Otherwise I would consider them.

Accutune is a smaller outfit though and I like their method and business motto, and would love to support their business.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I do like the appeal of MCs CA, maybe even use their track bar as well. I just shot Accutune an email to see what they think. If I am on a dirt/gravel road, I want to float over it at "high speeds" ideally.
Ive never rode in a good set up coilover system but thier tuned coilovers look nice too. Dunno if itd be able to be any smoother than a tuned shock/coil set up though
I’m pretty close to going accutune I referred them to your review FYI. Kenny is firing up a quote and lead time. I’m going fox 2.5 3.5-4” front and rear With adjusters. He was only saying I would get 5” uptravel with their 2.5” bump.

I could not find any info on the icon lifts shock travel or compressed and extended lengths. Otherwise I would consider them.

Accutune is a smaller outfit though and I like their method and business motto, and would love to support their business.
i forgot where i found icons shock dimensions. Im pretty sure they were about the same length as mine are. Like 17 or 16.5 to 30 i think

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

I remmeber now, i emailed icon asking what the shock dimensions were. I cant find the email anymore but i remember them only giving me one of the shocks lengths

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
I remmeber now, i emailed icon asking what the shock dimensions were. I cant find the email anymore but i remember them only giving me one of the shocks lengths
Ah ... I queried the forum representative to see if he could post that info. Thx for looking!

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
I’m going fox 2.5 3.5-4” front and rear With adjusters. He was only saying I would get 5” uptravel with their 2.5” bump.
Since I am new to this world. Is he saying 5" of uptravel is good or bad? Dropping $4k on a setup I would hope it would give plenty of travel.

OP
OP
Moto_21

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Since I am new to this world. Is he saying 5" of uptravel is good or bad? Dropping $4k on a setup I would hope it would give plenty of travel.
5” is good, you want a minimum of 4” up and down travel. I think im sitting at 6” uptravel with my 1” bumpstops. Its really nice
Sponsored