AccuTune Fox 2.5s on my 4xe

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Finally installed my AccuTune Fox 2.5s yesterday. Eventually I want to do a full RK 2.5” lift, but for now, I wanted some better shocks. So in attempt to only have to buy shocks once, I went ahead and bought the length shocks for where I want to be long term. In order to fit the shocks for now, I just put a cheap spacer lift on. So here’s the parts:

Mopar LCAs

SuperLift 2.5” spacer lift $240 (2.5 front/1.5 rear)
-This came with bump stops, longer sway bar links, and shock extensions for the stock shocks if I ever need to put them back on for a rebuild on the Foxs. This put me roughly 1.5” over where I was stock (lost about an inch with the steel bumper and winch).

Fox 2.5 Performance Elite 2.5s
883-26-051 on the front (3.5-4” lift)
These have a collapsed length of approximately 1.5” longer than stock, so a 2” bump stop extension will safely protect them, and allow for a full extension of 28.5” that is right on the limit for the stock driveshaft.
883-26-055 on the back (3.5-4” lift)
These also only have a full collapsed length of about 1” over stock, so once again, a 1.5” bump extension will protect them
These have just over 11” of travel, so it should flex pretty good

Accutune did send me 2 right side specific front shocks, but I was able to rotate the elbow coming out of the shock body 180° and make it work, but it still doesn’t come out of the body at the angle it’s supposed to. Other than that, the install went pretty smooth.

Currently I’ve only driven it home from my buddy’s house where I was working on it late last night, so I’ll update later with some feedback after I get to drive it more. Initial impressions though, they’re very impressive.

Here’s a scale ticket from when I sent them my weight, and a couple pics of the install and finished result!

C774FCBE-8A56-4BE2-8475-5707F1B22EE7.jpeg

A61E6BB8-57AB-496F-918B-DDA72DC04DA9.jpeg

59D422A3-E6F3-4C44-8F7B-2501B095F84E.jpeg

541B04D9-18CF-46BF-872C-66786B180842.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
CNJLUR4xe

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
After a few days of driving, figured it was time for an update.

WOW! These shocks impress me more and more every day. There's a pretty rough set of RR tracks close to my house I crossed at 15-18 mph stock, and now cross at 25-28mph even smoother.

Me and a few coworkers went to lunch in my jeep a couple days ago, and turning into the parking lot I hopped the curb (screenshot of said curb below, crossed it almost exactly how the arrow is pointing) going about 15mph, and my boss was immediately like "Holy SH*T I cannot believe you just did that, and I definitely cannot believe how smooth it was" Lol

On normal relatively smooth road, there's not much difference from stock, but on any of the larger hits, the Jeep stays completely composed and controlled. There's almost 0 effect after the initial hit.

I've been running the DSC with the high speed full open (full soft), and low speed 2 clicks in from full soft.

Curb Hop.png

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I've been running the DSC with the high speed full open (full soft), and low speed 2 clicks in from full soft.
My settings are HS 7, LS 3. (from full "soft" as you put it)

That is kinda where I have settled at for the moment.

I did a trail about 2 weeks ago and it was non-stop rocks. After the first 30min, I got out and adjusted everything to zero. It made a nice impact and the next hour I was able to hit 35mph instead of just 25mph without my passengers getting upset. The DSC are so awesome.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
I've been running the DSC with the high speed full open (full soft), and low speed 2 clicks in from full soft
Thanks for the review. I am considering going with these shocks down the road. Can I ask you which tune you went with from Accutune? Their website says that they have 3 options (Adventure, Dual Sport and Trail).

Also. Are you still happy with the shocks in general now that you have a full month of use with them?

OP
OP
CNJLUR4xe

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Thanks for the review. I am considering going with these shocks down the road. Can I ask you which tune you went with from Accutune? Their website says that they have 3 options (Adventure, Dual Sport and Trail).

Also. Are you still happy with the shocks in general now that you have a full month of use with them?
I went with the adventure tune, I wanted them as soft as possible for the type of off-roading I do.

I am loving them even more the more miles I put on them. I find myself jumping the RR tracks near my house pretty frequently just because I can lol

I have also since stepped up to 37s (Maxxis Razr AT) which added to the ride quality almost as much as the shocks. Doing a chalk test, I should be at 22-23psi, but I feel that's a little low on the road, so I set them to 25psi. The sidewalls at that low of psi are a little soft in the turns on the road, so to compensate, I just stiffened the shocks up a few clicks and it solved that issue. Really convenient having that option.

I have currently landed on (counting from full open) 5 clicks in on HSC, 8 clicks in on LSC.

Sponsored

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
I went with the adventure tune, I wanted them as soft as possible for the type of off-roading I do.

I am loving them even more the more miles I put on them. I find myself jumping the RR tracks near my house pretty frequently just because I can lol
Thanks for the response, Colton. These are some pricey shocks no doubt but your experience with them is very helpful for me! That adjustability is something that I am really interested in.

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Thanks for the response, Colton. These are some pricey shocks no doubt but your experience with them is very helpful for me! That adjustability is something that I am really interested in.
I have had mine on for just over a month. Jeep is my daily driver. I have a few offroad days on them also. They have been excellent. I highly recommend Accutune / @AccuTunedJL . They nailed the tuning and great customer service. Money well spent.

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe

I have also since stepped up to 37s (Maxxis Razr AT) which added to the ride quality almost as much as the shocks. Doing a chalk test, I should be at 22-23psi, but I feel that's a little low on the road, so I set them to 25psi. The sidewalls at that low of psi are a little soft in the turns on the road, so to compensate, I just stiffened the shocks up a few clicks and it solved that issue. Really convenient having that option.

I have currently landed on (counting from full open) 5 clicks in on HSC, 8 clicks in on LSC.
Finished a 2500 mile road yesterday. I am running the Duel Sport Tune and couldn't be happier.

I normally run from the softest 1 click on the HS and 3 clicks on the LS around town. At higher speeds it rode better with 2 more clicks (Total of 5) on the LS.

OP
OP
CNJLUR4xe

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Finally had the opportunity to put some miles on the shocks off-road for the first time last weekend!

I am honestly amazed more and more at just how good these shocks perform. Highly recommend them. Great job @AccuTunedJL 👌

Me and my buddy bumped in to Waypoint X, and he got some pretty good footage of us on switchback, check it out below!

Also below are a couple screenshots from his video I thought were pretty cool.

Jeep Wrangler JL AccuTune Fox 2.5s on my 4xe MicrosoftTeams-image (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL AccuTune Fox 2.5s on my 4xe MicrosoftTeams-image

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Awesome! Glad to hear they are working out for you!!!

Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Hmm… I’m going to have to play around once I’m on the trail. Did you just go to soft (no clicks) on the low speed and gradually work your way up as you saw fit? I’m running three clicks in on both high and low for on road. Anything softer, I didn’t like the cornering feel on the highway or around town. For what it’s worth, I didn’t get mine from Accutune so they’re just whatever valving Fox sends.

OP
OP
CNJLUR4xe

CNJLUR4xe

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Hmm… I’m going to have to play around once I’m on the trail. Did you just go to soft (no clicks) on the low speed and gradually work your way up as you saw fit? I’m running three clicks in on both high and low for on road. Anything softer, I didn’t like the cornering feel on the highway or around town. For what it’s worth, I didn’t get mine from Accutune so they’re just whatever valving Fox sends.
I haven’t ever ridden in one that wasn’t tuned from AccuTune, but I doubt it’s a fair comparison for how many clicks in I am. But for what it’s worth, I still have it on 5 clicks in on HSC, and 8 clicks in on LSC for on road.

When I got to Stoney last weekend, I considered softening them all the way when I got there, but decided to just go with it and see how it did. It seemed great, so I just never messed with it.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I haven’t ever ridden in one that wasn’t tuned from AccuTune, but I doubt it’s a fair comparison for how many clicks in I am. But for what it’s worth, I still have it on 5 clicks in on HSC, and 8 clicks in on LSC for on road.

When I got to Stoney last weekend, I considered softening them all the way when I got there, but decided to just go with it and see how it did. It seemed great, so I just never messed with it.
That’s a good point, maybe I’ll leave it on the three clicks in and adjust from there. If I recall correctly, Fox’s manual says to just start all of them at three clicks and adjust accordingly.
Sponsored