Sponsored

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Diesel
How easy would it be to get extra bags to carry with you on long trips if one were to go out while you were traveling?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL/2021 Jeep JT
How easy would it be to get extra bags to carry with you on long trips if one were to go out while you were traveling?
Thank you for reaching out. We have had these on vehicles for testing for a few years now and have not had one go out while driving or on the trail. Should you have an issue with an air bag we can typically get them shipped out same day.

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for reaching out. We have had these on vehicles for testing for a few years now and have not had one go out while driving or on the trail. Should you have an issue with an air bag we can typically get them shipped out same day.
I'm not questioning the strength of the bags. I just have a tendency of having backups just to make sure I don't need to worry.

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
Interesting thought! It's definitely something we could look into, thank you.

Vanburi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 'Mojito' JLR
I get wanting parts available but, this would be like carrying extra shocks. Not really feasible or necessary.

Sponsored

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see it won't work on the diesel. Is that from the mounting brackets for the position sensors not mounting up the same or is it a weight difference?

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
I see it won't work on the diesel. Is that from the mounting brackets for the position sensors not mounting up the same or is it a weight difference?
Thank you for reaching out. The internal bump stops are longer on the Diesel which is going to require us to develop a different air bag for that application. We are looking at it now but do not have a timeframe yet when this will be launched.

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for reaching out. The internal bump stops are longer on the Diesel which is going to require us to develop a different air bag for that application. We are looking at it now but do not have a timeframe yet when this will be launched.
Thanks for the information on that. I'll keep an eye out to see if that changes. I really wanted to get air bags for my diesel.

marti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe
Has anyone installed this on a Rubicon 4Xe? I understand they are about 800 lbs heavier so I wanted to confirm. Anything unique about the install on a 4Xe I need to know about (assuming it will work in the first place)?

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone installed this on a Rubicon 4Xe? I understand they are about 800 lbs heavier so I wanted to confirm. Anything unique about the install on a 4Xe I need to know about (assuming it will work in the first place)?
Thank you for inquiring. We are currently working on a version for the 4Xe, the issue is not the weight as the air springs can handle that, it is that we are putting the tank and compressor where the batteries are on the 4Xe so we are designing another solution around that.

Sponsored

Jtaugner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURD / 03 Cobra
Build Thread
Link
Saw your new video on YouTube, has there been any update to the Diesel models? What would happen if a diesel were to use the normal setup? It just wouldn't flex as much?

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks like you guys have a little more in depth lift kit now with lower control arms and such. Are you guys going to still do a more basic one for folks that already have a lift and just want to swap springs and get air after? Also I know the first air tanks had the air valve controls in the tank. Where is it on the new system now?

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
Saw your new video on YouTube, has there been any update to the Diesel models? What would happen if a diesel were to use the normal setup? It just wouldn't flex as much?
We are still working on the spring design for the diesel models. Please keep an eye on our website or you can also sign up for vehicle specific updates on our site.

OP
OP
AccuAir

AccuAir

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
AccuAir
Threads
Reaction score
Website
accuair.com
Vehicle(s)
It looks like you guys have a little more in depth lift kit now with lower control arms and such. Are you guys going to still do a more basic one for folks that already have a lift and just want to swap springs and get air after? Also I know the first air tanks had the air valve controls in the tank. Where is it on the new system now?
Hello-
At this time we are only offering the one version of the kit as we are offering custom control arms for the ride height sensors. The compressor, tank and valves are now located under the vehicle.